• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snapshots/Custom Stages/Replays service to shut down June 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
From the Dojo:

As of June 30th, 2009, the current service that accepts user-generated snapshots, stage designs, and replay data will no longer be available. Please note, however, that we will continue to distribute such data after that date.
Well, it couldn't last forever, eh?

Darkurai

Smash Master
I could've sworn they stopped that forever ago anyway.

After all, last time I went online, which admittadly wasn't very recently, I didn't get a new stage or picture or whatnot.

ZettaKuma

Smash Cadet
So Nintendo will remove things from the Online mode, but won't bother to make it better...?

Oh well I wasn't a fan of Smash Service anyway.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
I make my own stages, pictures, and replays, and i got lots of em, I hope to get a Dazzle soon to put them on youtube.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Who does this anyway? >.>

Buy yeah, thats random.
They either got lazy or people started messing with it and Nintendo got mad or something.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
I'm not too bothered by it. If I wanted to see a cool stage or some pictures I could come here and download it. But that kind of stuff does not intrest me. Hopefully now they could try and improve Brawl's online.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I don't think I ever submitted anything anyway. Oh well.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I don't think I ever submitted anything anyway. Oh well.
I submitted a lot. Used to anyway. Never saw any of it featured. Then, I gave up.

I'm not too bothered by it. If I wanted to see a cool stage or some pictures I could come here and download it. But that kind of stuff does not intrest me. Hopefully now they could try and improve Brawl's online.
Yeah right. I'd love to see it, but this step isn't toward better online service.

I still don't get the friend code thing. They say it's so you can play only with people you trust. 49 out of 50 times, people get their friend codes from the internet, filled with millions of people you don't know. Why, Nintendo, WHY?!

/rant

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
If you ask me I say here are some options:

A)They never planned it for very long, they just had certain number of submissions they wanted before closing the submissions

B) Nintendo is just too lazy, and maybe they don't think smash is really worth backing anymore

C) they plan on announcing Smash Bros 4 at E3 (odd timing if not) and they want to stop SSBB support.

JigglyPunch

Smash Apprentice
C) they plan on announcing Smash Bros 4 at E3 (odd timing if not) and they want to stop SSBB support.
I don't think they would have two smash games on one console. It's never been done before, but we'll see.

About the topic, I never go online unless it's to fight friends who are never there, so no huge loss.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
... How about the fact that it has become extremely unpopular and there's no point in keeping it up now? Laziness is the least likely of reasons that were named.

Darkurai

Smash Master
... How about the fact that it has become extremely unpopular and there's no point in keeping it up now? Laziness is the least likely of reasons that were named.
This.

The casual have long since moved on, and the core never cared to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom