• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SNES Results + Shoutouts - August 21-23, 2009

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
gmoney - too good.. just kidding
lmfao
good **** ****** everything

n64/pikapika/thrzy: gooood **** reppin Pika...did any of you guys get singles melee vids recorded?

So sad I couldn't make it to this...didn't know about it til it was too late to plan...sounds like it was an amazing event.

milktea 's sig - get that GD **** ouuuutta here...it's all about T.O.P. ;)
gah...can't actually hate on GD, he's too good >_<

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
**** I had fun, I didn't even know smash was gonna be at this event. Walking around the smash section with my TE stick was pretty awkward lol but it was pretty worth it to see people I haven't seen in months and meet a couple of new people.

Judge: LOL
Mango: laaaaaaaaaaame
Milktea: :?
Inui: ?????????
Atomsk: suuuuuuuuuure
Jesaiah: AMAZING
M2K: -_-
Scar: Well played.
Punishment Divine: Yeah w/e.
Doom: :o
D1: TRES BON.
Snakee: DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
SwiftBass: uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh
Gamecube Controller : so awkward omg
Izumi: ^_^

Feel like I'm forgetting people, if it is it's probably cause I was too drunk.

BB results:

1. LORD KNIGHT
2-40 - who cares, I won.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Mikey Lentia: Mute City is so stupid :p. Good set, your peach is still super legit.
Aw, thank you for the compliment! I think. It was a close set, but I really enjoyed the matches. Thanks a bunch for playing me!

Mikey Lenetia: UGH I OWE YOU 50 cents! I promise I'll give it to you eventually.
Ah, it's okay. I'm glad that I got to meet you, and hopefully next time we can talk more. I meant to ask you about teaming for Melee, too, but I couldn't find you and Anther offered to team. So... ^_^;

Mikey/peachkid: Great doubles set. Sorry i had to metagay you guys D:
Ah, it's okay. We probably could have done better as a team, but I think having two aggressive Peach players together isn't the best thing to do. Fun, though. XD

I'll probably make another post for the rest of my shoutouts later. I'm EXHAUSTED, and have work tomorrow. ;.;

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
I would like to be the first to say, that rooting for ADHD is a LOT different and unoriginal than rooting for M2k or Ally, like you guys are SOOOO **** boring, I'm sick of seeing the SAME 2 people winning tournies.

I'm canadian, I could've easily been like YEAHHHHHH GO ALLY, WOOT WOOT, but I didn't, I actually rooted for ADHD the whole time from when he was fighting lain, I wanted someone different to win this tournament, not bashing my country or anything, but if that means I'm * meat riding * ADHD, so be it, call it that.

A lot better than doing so to Ally and M2k, do you feel proud cheering for the same 2 people? So original, funny how most of you want an mk ban and think hes super gay yet you're like " I love watching m2ks meta play " " m2ks meta is so fast ".

Yeah, I went there, you might want to think twice before trying to get witty with me, princz.

I found a whole bunch of m2k meat riding post from you btw, but I'm a lot more mature than you think, I'll let it slide, ggs all, and once again without shame, Anti/ADHD ftw, bye now.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I would like to be the first to say, that rooting for ADHD is a LOT different and unoriginal than rooting for M2k or Ally, like you guys are SOOOO **** boring, I'm sick of seeing the SAME 2 people winning tournies.

I'm canadian, I could've easily been like YEAHHHHHH GO ALLY, WOOT WOOT, but I didn't, I actually rooted for ADHD the whole time from when he was fighting lain, I wanted someone different to win this tournament, not bashing my country or anything, but if that means I'm * meat riding * ADHD, so be it, call it that.

A lot better than doing so to Ally and M2k, do you feel proud cheering for the same 2 people? So original, funny how most of you want an mk ban and think hes super gay yet you're like " I love watching m2ks meta play " " m2ks meta is so fast ".

Yeah, I went there, you might want to think twice before trying to get witty with me, princz.

I found a whole bunch of m2k meat riding post from you btw, but I'm a lot more mature than you think, I'll let it slide, ggs all, and once again without shame, Anti/ADHD ftw, bye now.

All i care is that meatriding is the same whether it is for ally m2k adhd or some random dude. The difference between hyping someone and meatriding is the degree, when you hype someone you try to do so in a manner where he can realistically attain the placing you gave. You can also give him props.

Meatriding goes alot farther.

Neither of them were meatriding, not you nor that other guy. Either way, bein original or not does not make something warranted.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
All i care is that meatriding is the same whether it is for ally m2k adhd or some random dude. The difference between hyping someone and meatriding is the degree, when you hype someone you try to do so in a manner where he can realistically attain the placing you gave. You can also give him props.

Meatriding goes alot farther.

Neither of them were meatriding, not you nor that other guy. Either way, bein original or not does not make something warranted.
Thats why I thanked Solid jake for hyping adhd, I said that in a post and princz considered it to be meat riding.

Whatever, but for once I agree with you Swordgard, but don't ever say Canada isn't what its hyped up to be, I'm pretty sure our top 5 is at your level.

Without percon that is, Ace, Brose, To joe, Myself, Hype, can definitely take you in a set, come to a tourney in Canada again and we'll prove it :)

swordgard

Smash Hero
Thats why I thanked Solid jake for hyping adhd, I said that in a post and princz considered it to be meat riding.

Whatever, but for once I agree with you Swordgard, but don't ever say Canada isn't what its hyped up to be, I'm pretty sure our top 5 is at your level.

Without percon that is, Ace, Brose, To joe, Myself, Hype, can definitely take you in a set, come to a tourney in Canada again and we'll prove it :)
Wel have to talk on aim, i just want to raise a little something about what you said, i just dont think this is the right place to talk about it.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I will say one thing about this event. As melee becomes older the risk of a death of the scene increases, while 60-70(melee singles) is an okay turnout we as the community should bust our ***** to get to sponsored events especially if the TO's are working hard on trying to maintain a great rapport with the sponsors.(not saying that they didnt love us cuz we def got mad love from game unicon)

What I am saying is that 60-70 is good and as a whole smash impressed them with numbers but I'd like to see even more for melee next time. (Not just talkin about big names FYI) I understand certain things happened with like forward and stuff and maybe unavoidable things like that happened to lots of us, but my point is that if theres an opportunity for melee to get some momentum as a community its with these sponsored events.

I've heard alot of negative outlooks toward this tourney (and others too) from ppl who didn't go like, "only 60-70 singles?" followed by "only that many big names were there?". IF everyone stopped worrying about who is showin and ****(and just show up) then maybe we'd get larger turnouts to everything. I'm honestly tired of hearing them questions every time I come back from a tourney and getting disappointing sighs and negative thoughts before I can even tell them about how the event went.(im not pointin anyone out in particular cuz ive heard this on many occasions and planned this post 3 days ago)

Thanks to the ppl who came out and those who tried with decent johns(forward)

Im just tryin to ride it till the wheels fall off.
IMO a part of this was that honestly Massachusetts kind of failed. The venue was not easily accessible from the Boston Airport and no one was giving rides. This combined with the fact that you were pretty much forced into staying at the (relatively) expensive hotel because no one was offering housing.... I mean imagine if the only way you could go to Pound 4 was if you had to get a hotel room?

Anyways this is coming from someone who couldn't even go. I miss smashers :(

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
**** I had fun, I didn't even know smash was gonna be at this event. Walking around the smash section with my TE stick was pretty awkward lol but it was pretty worth it to see people I haven't seen in months and meet a couple of new people.

Judge: LOL
Mango: laaaaaaaaaaame
Milktea: :?
Inui: ?????????
Atomsk: suuuuuuuuuure
Jesaiah: AMAZING
M2K: -_-
Scar: Well played.
Punishment Divine: Yeah w/e.
Doom: :o
D1: TRES BON.
Snakee: DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
SwiftBass: uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh
Gamecube Controller : so awkward omg
Izumi: ^_^

Feel like I'm forgetting people, if it is it's probably cause I was too drunk.

BB results:

1. LORD KNIGHT
2-40 - who cares, I won.
LK you didn't come get me when the BB grand finals were starting! I wanted to see you ****. :(

Zucco

Smash Master
All I wanted to do here was rep Lucario in singles, but I ended up getting a death pool. You would think getting 5th in teams would show the TOs that I'm not just some random scrub, but I guess thats not enough.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
It would have been nice to go

Cmon Wes, let's step up our game and start hitting top 5

There's some other NY juggernauts coming out of their caves....

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Minus - best falco ive played. ur tall lol

Buuman - ggs. i like using snake vs ddd then mk vs ddd cuz its more fun. i was tired so went mk and played gay. sowwys

Lain - GGS man. thanks for going ddd on me lol iceys would have frustrated me.

shugo! - your mad ****ing cool. our games were ****ign amazing. cant wait to see ya again.

ninjalink - ggs. i finally beat you and it wasnt on your wii! hmmm...lol

Atomsk - ggs but i dont have to try on you if i dont want to. just saying. ill make the most fun of playing you rather than dealing with your /one grab = hell of alot of damage/ characters.

My pool - my memory sucks but you guys did overall well. maybe next time.

Blackwaltz - thanks for the ride here. your still one of the nicest and coolest people ive met.

Pierce - ily. well train alot more now

adhd - uh...congratz?

doom - nice seeing you again. and bring my sensor bar to viridian. i need it.

Zucco - 2v1 god. got your nose.

shadow - dont wory about the 2nd payouts. we did well.

ally - now were 2-1 in sets :)

m2k - dont quit. i will **** you up if you do. go to every tourney i go to. mad fun having you around.

anther - your too nice of a guy.

judge - sorry i didnt go drinking with you but it was fun seein ya

snakeee- drunken gambling idiot!

Miranda cosgrove - i will always love you the most out of everyone in this world.

hunger - i enjoyed talking to you and sago the most. your funny as hell!

sago - lets put them i's up!!

pikapika - PIKAPIKAPIKAPIKAPIKAPIKA

Inui - thanks for letting us stay in ur room. lucarios f smash too goodz

fatal - hey...your the best snake on the EC!

guru kid - you deserve to ****. your so amazing in plus. good stuff.

anti - thanks for all the practice dude. i really really really appreciate it. you helped me beat ally!

alex - nice seeing you again and thanks for believing in me.

heero - nice seeing you and thanks for the support.

dazwa - iCarly all day son

jake and the mages - nice seeing you guys and thanks for the tourney...but the doubles payout :( 90 each for 2nd place at a regional/national!? that was really upsetting.

GGs all. see you guys one day.

kingz-night-mare

Smash Lord
Ksizzle was being mad nice on his shoutouts lol. Once again adhd i <3 you lol, and zucco placed mad high in teams although i dont know who noj is.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
**** im helping err-1 beat Ally

Beating Ally practice anyone?

EDIT: And yeah the doubles payout is why i wasn't mad about getting 3rd instead of 2nd.

lol

xHayatox

Smash Lord
hey good to see old faces and new faces again. i was beat from the flight back from korea so i kinda crashed in the car and left kinda early. srry if i missed anyone or didn stay and play longer. good games mogwai you destructed me in that final confrontation. haha im coming back for you lad. :) i dont mind getting shot in the face its the challenge i must face.

Alukard

Smash Hero
hey Good To See Old Faces And New Faces Again. I Was Beat From The Flight Back From Korea So I Kinda Crashed In The Car And Left Kinda Early. Srry If I Missed Anyone Or Didn Stay And Play Longer. Good Games Mogwai You Destructed Me In That Final Confrontation. Haha Im Coming Back For You Lad. :) I Dont Mind Getting Shot In The Face Its The Challenge I Must Face.
We Didnt Play!!!!! =[

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
dazwa change 4th place in brawl+ to ninjalink before he sees and gets mad lol. i also used ice climbers vs NL in regular brawl and won.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
No more mercy. You will pay for depriving me of chances to use Ike in tournaments.
I didn't want mercy. Anther gave me Pika practice earlier that day. I wanted MK practice. You deprived me of a quality learning experience. What does it matter? I heard you used Ike for almost all your pools matches.

I slept during Melee.
That was fun.
<3

Rhyme - That was my friend Guy and yeah, that was so much fun coming back to the venue. Though you two logic ***** me... >.<
As it should be, lol. How do I find you on Facebook? I wanna see those pictures.

Top Bottom