• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SNY 1. Birmingham, UK. August 10th-12th 2010. *Registration CLOSED* Hype! 111 People

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Kone I just need to establish this important rule for Crews and just hope that it is implemented as it's actually a rule of crews

Obviously the first two player facing each other are blind pick.

BUTTTT the counterpicking rule is if the player who just won the match for example is a peach player and the player coming on is a Marth player, the peach player currently on CANNOT change his character if the Marth picks a stage ON RANDOM.....if he counterpicks a specific stage like Pokemon Stadium then the Peach is free to change to whoever he wants AND THEN the player coming on as Marth can still be Marth or pick someonelse......

THIS RULE IS IN PLAY RIGHT????
NEED TO KNOW SO WE DON'T GET NO DODGY COUNTERPICKING EVERYTIME SOMEONE COMES ON!!!!

X1-12

Smash Champion
I thought each player had to declare who they're playing with and stick to that? then you CP stage like normal

Kone

Smash Master
Hey Kone, I'm registering late, but do you mind if you bunk me with Willz / Marni / etc please? Don't mind sleeping on the floor in their room if it's full and all.
Will sort it out mate :)

Kone I just need to establish this important rule for Crews and just hope that it is implemented as it's actually a rule of crews

Obviously the first two player facing each other are blind pick.

BUTTTT the counterpicking rule is if the player who just won the match for example is a peach player and the player coming on is a Marth player, the peach player currently on CANNOT change his character if the Marth picks a stage ON RANDOM.....if he counterpicks a specific stage like Pokemon Stadium then the Peach is free to change to whoever he wants AND THEN the player coming on as Marth can still be Marth or pick someonelse......

THIS RULE IS IN PLAY RIGHT????
NEED TO KNOW SO WE DON'T GET NO DODGY COUNTERPICKING EVERYTIME SOMEONE COMES ON!!!!
Isn't dodgy counter picking part of crews =s? can someone just find the pound 4 crew rules and post them. We will use them lol.

AshuRawRun

Smash Apprentice
It's called 'Unity'....only those countries which lack it dislike those which have it and try portray it as a sign of weakness when it's the opposite.

Don't worry, you will see and feel the unity in crews while we take you out and chant our nationality in your face

Deathgazer - lolol No, just typed it nursery something on google and noticed it was Jewish but couldn't be bothered to change it.

Since Uk has a good unity why not make 2vs1 against other in crew? It could balance a bit more the crews! :)

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
Kone,

I was wondering if you could help some of the Danes with transport (we're 2 groups booking individually, and I'm in charge of the 2nd group lol)

I booked coaches from nationalexpress.com from Stansted -> London (Victoria Coach Station) and back, so no problem there. However, I was wondering what the best option from Victoria Coach station to the venue would be. Nationalexpress offers me the following:

London (Victoria Coach) -> Birmingham (Digbeth station)

According to your map, there's about a 3 hour walk from Digbeth to the venue. Is there any way we could get from the Victoria Coach station to a station closer to the venue, or are we just going to have to find some transportation from Digbeth (and if so, what would the best option be)?

Thanks in advance. Tell me if you'd rather take this to PMs.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Will sort it out mate :)

Isn't dodgy counter picking part of crews =s? can someone just find the pound 4 crew rules and post them. We will use them lol.
Nah it isn't lol there's gotta be a foundation of some set of rules in crews....and basically what Tamoo said.

So isit fair to say this rule is in play???

stelzig

Smash Lord
When you can only counterpick neutral stages I don't really see why the other player should be allowed to switch character. The stage could just as well have been chosen on random and as such the implementation of random only makes crews more... Well random... and it would be somewhat of a gamble to go with it.
Nothing wrong with letting the counterpicked player have an advantage either anyway. If he wins he'll get counterpicked right back.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
When you can only counterpick neutral stages I don't really see why the other player should be allowed to switch character. The stage could just as well have been chosen on random and as such the implementation of random only makes crews more... Well random... and it would be somewhat of a gamble to go with it.
Nothing wrong with letting the counterpicked player have an advantage either anyway. If he wins he'll get counterpicked right back.
Those are actually the rules though, and the whole thing about 'The stage could come up' also a stage disadvantaging the character could come up....

But anyway those are actually the rules and which is why it's a COUNTERPICK RULE...it's not meant to work in your favour.

Kone

Smash Master
Kone,

I was wondering if you could help some of the Danes with transport (we're 2 groups booking individually, and I'm in charge of the 2nd group lol)

I booked coaches from nationalexpress.com from Stansted -> London (Victoria Coach Station) and back, so no problem there. However, I was wondering what the best option from Victoria Coach station to the venue would be. Nationalexpress offers me the following:

London (Victoria Coach) -> Birmingham (Digbeth station)

According to your map, there's about a 3 hour walk from Digbeth to the venue. Is there any way we could get from the Victoria Coach station to a station closer to the venue, or are we just going to have to find some transportation from Digbeth (and if so, what would the best option be)?

Thanks in advance. Tell me if you'd rather take this to PMs.
Go into Digbeth which is Birmingham city centre. From there you get a bus that takes you within a 15 minute walk of the venue. At that point you ring me and ill either pick you up or you'll have to walk (i acually dont think its fifteen mins but thats what google maps says).

Alot of other people need the above transport information (in detail). Im waiting on the venue owner to get back to me as ive asked if there is a better option (as the above is the best I have found). If there isnt ill post the above tomorrow in full :).

Either way, it wont take you 3 hours, more like an hour with the walk :) or 45 mins with a pick up. The venue in located just outside Birmingham in a country park. Like most large cities its impossible to get a venue in the centre without it being way too expensive.

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
Thanks a bunch. Any idea what the busses'll cost?

I'll hold out on buying the tickets from Victoria to Digbeth until you post your info tomorrow. Thanks for the help. =)

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
Yeah thats no problem, charles is here on the sunday (maybe few others) and then a ****load on the monday. If its sunday let me know what time you arrive in birmingham new street and ill pick you up (if you hoy a few quid my way). Although check if you can get a train to Stourbridge Junction as that is where I live (right beside the station). Same with any other brits struggling with transport.
Thanks Il probs be at the station at about 10:45 - 11ish. Let me know if that is too early or if its alright because im planning to book all my tickets tomorrow.
And yeh i dont mind paying for petrol money
Do you roughly know what time Fuzzy is arriving in Birmingham?

smakis

Smash Ace
any tips on how to get from birmingham airport to the venue as smooth as possible? =P

Kone

Smash Master
Thanks a bunch. Any idea what the busses'll cost?

I'll hold out on buying the tickets from Victoria to Digbeth until you post your info tomorrow. Thanks for the help. =)

When do you Danes get in? you have a few options. You can either booked the coach from Victoria into Birmingham Digbeth (thats the city centre) and then get a bus from there to the venue. You only need to do this if you are arriving on the tuesday.The bus from city centre to venue drops you off around 15 mins from the venue. Still waiting to hear from venue owner for other options. The bus I have found is a regular service so it isn't going anywhere so there is a definetly a way to get you there :).

If you are arriving Monday you will need to go into Birmingham city centre with either the coach or you can try this website; www.megabus.com. There are some trains on the Monday that leave from London Euston and go to Birminghan New Street for £5 for a single and only take 1hr 30 mins. From New st you would walk to a nearby train station and go to my place for housing. Im collating a huge post for everyone later about this.

I just need to know when you arrive/leave. You could use the coach/virgin trains on www.megabus.com regardless of whether you need housing as they are cheap. You will need to link between

Thanks Il probs be at the station at about 10:45 - 11ish. Let me know if that is too early or if its alright because im planning to book all my tickets tomorrow.
And yeh i dont mind paying for petrol money
Do you roughly know what time Fuzzy is arriving in Birmingham?
sunday 4:30pm I arrive
megabus
If you could aim to get a train arriving into Birmingham for the same time as Fuzz (around 4.30 pm) I would really appreciate it. This way I only have to do one journey into Brum city centre. Saving me time and petrol :)

any tips on how to get from birmingham airport to the venue as smooth as possible? =P
Smakis what day do you arrive on? the tuesday? If price isn't an issue and time is then look into getting a train from Birmingham international (has a station) to Longbridge or Barnt Green. From there you'll either have to walk (30 mins)/get a taxi or ring me and hope I can pick you up. What time do you arrive?

edit - We had money problems when paying the venue on friday. This will be updated tonight as we need to find a way to pay moeny still owed to the venue =s

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
If you are arriving Monday you will need to go into Birmingham city centre with either the coach or you can try this website; www.megabus.com. There are some trains on the Monday that leave from London Euston and go to Birminghan New Street for £5 for a single and only take 1hr 30 mins. From New st you would walk to a nearby train station and go to my place for housing. Im collating a huge post for everyone later about this.

If you could aim to get a train arriving into Birmingham for the same time as Fuzz (around 4.30 pm) I would really appreciate it. This way I only have to do one journey into Brum city centre. Saving me time and petrol :)
=s trains that leave at 2/3/4 on sunday are like £10-£14
Is it possible for you to give me directions getting to the nearest railway station or buses that go somewhere near your house and Il try to make my own way.
thanks

Kone

Smash Master
Im having a family dinner for kate's bro's birthday around 1ish on the Sunday so would prefer if you were coming in the evening (4pm and after). Kate just told me/give me an earful about this lol. Check out trains times in the evening dude? like 4/5/6/7/8 etc? see if there is anything cheap and i will most likely come get you anyway.

Also, check prices into stourbridge junction not just birmingham new street.

Let me know :)

stelzig

Smash Lord
All danes arrive yuesday and leave thursday (well early morning friday). We're taking a bus from London stansted at 11am tuesday, don't know how long it takes for us to be in Birmingham, but i take you would know that :)

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
tbh i dont mind waiting because Im gna be staying at Euston Station the night before due to clubbing and it doesnt finish until 5am so il have wait til 7ish am for the tube to open and stay at Euston til my train. So If I came earlier/later Id still have to wait so it isnt any different.
I got your number from Yeniths yesterday

my number is 07584256851

Ill give you a call at around 4ish on sunday and see whats happening then.

Edit: My train says itl be arriving in moor street, how far would the clostest shopping center be? lol
Edit2: just looked on google maps and they arnt too far so it should be alright

Kone

Smash Master
tbh i dont mind waiting because Im gna be staying at Euston Station the night before due to clubbing and it doesnt finish until 5am so il have wait til 7ish am for the tube to open and stay at Euston til my train. So If I came earlier/later Id still have to wait so it isnt any different.
I got your number from Yeniths yesterday

my number is 07584256851

Ill give you a call at around 4ish on sunday and see whats happening then.

Edit: My train says itl be arriving in moor street, how far would the clostest shopping center be? lol
Edit2: just looked on google maps and they arnt too far so it should be alright
Alot of information in that post ;). Anytime around 4 and after is fine. You can either get picked up by me in Birmingham city centre at around 4.30pm when i get charles OR you can get a train from Birmingham Moor Street (the train station youve booked into) to mine Stourbridge Junction. Trains leave around every 30 mins and take 30 mins so there are alot to catch. Just let me know what you are doing. I live right beside stourbridge junction train station.

In terms of shops Moor street is in the city centre, literally. It is about 3 minutes to the Bull Ring (large shopping centre).

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
Alot of information in that post ;). Anytime around 4 and after is fine. You can either get picked up by me in Birmingham city centre at around 4.30pm when i get charles OR you can get a train from Birmingham Moor Street (the train station youve booked into) to mine Stourbridge Junction. Trains leave around every 30 mins and take 30 mins so there are alot to catch. Just let me know what you are doing. I live right beside stourbridge junction train station.

In terms of shops Moor street is in the city centre, literally. It is about 3 minutes to the Bull Ring (large shopping centre).
All right, thanks alot for helping out. yeh il probs stay around until fuzzy arrives. see you guys on sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom