• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So a Dedede player named Big D from Canada got 17th at Paragon.

CaptainVul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KaLefty
3DS FC
5386-8706-1766

CO18

Smash Hero
Yeah that's really impressive. Im not sure if he mains ddd though, I heard max ketchum saying at pax that he mains falcon, seconds DDD so don't know how much DDD he used but just as a player overall still very impressive because that was a stacked tourney. He wasn't on stream though so dunno.

Edit:yeah full results are up on eventhubs now and it says (Falcon,ddd)

Last edited:

CO18

Smash Hero
Word, well good **** to him. As i thought, DDD doesn't suck lol, people just don't really know how to use him in this game.

Last edited:

dreamastermind

Smash Cadet
I watched a good amount of the stream, did I just miss every game he was on or did they not record any of him cause he's not a top tier?

Roostertone

Smash Rookie
I watched a good amount of the stream, did I just miss every game he was on or did they not record any of him cause he's not a top tier?
None of his matches were streamed, even though he played against other notables such as Esam, SeagullJoe, and 8bitman. Unfortunate, but Paragon was running late on both days, so it's understandable if they didn't want to wait for the stream.

Last edited:

| Big D |

Smash Master
Ayy that's me ;)

Paragon was pretty fun despite the lack of doubles. Don't worry about lack of stream I don't really have any crazy tech for you all, I just hit people. My friend can seem to land inhale release to uptilt consistently so that's a thing.

I want some technology for the next national I go to though so if anyone has some tech they want to share I'm all ears.

CO18

Smash Hero
Ayy that's me ;)

Paragon was pretty fun despite the lack of doubles. Don't worry about lack of stream I don't really have any crazy tech for you all, I just hit people. My friend can seem to land inhale release to uptilt consistently so that's a thing.

I want some technology for the next national I go to though so if anyone has some tech they want to share I'm all ears.
Inhale release up tilt works in this game like in brawl? Or is it different.

| Big D |

Smash Master
My friend told me it cannot be mashed but rather you have to react to it. I've gotten it a couple of times while mashing but he surprised me out of no where by doing it consistently.

CO18

Smash Hero
My friend told me it cannot be mashed but rather you have to react to it. I've gotten it a couple of times while mashing but he surprised me out of no where by doing it consistently.
interesting will have to try next time I play, too bad his up tilt doesn't kill until late now so won't be that great but still can be helpful nonetheless

CaptainVul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KaLefty
3DS FC
5386-8706-1766
Ayy that's me ;)

Pretty cool man, you must have some great fundamentals then. Nice to see some Dedede representation in majors.

And I don't know about any new tech but recently I've been using downward gordos alot more recently instead of normal ones because it more often hits the opponent from behind which knocks them towards Dedede and from that I can get in a Nair or Up Air. And it goes over most projectiles which is a plus as well. Its probably a common thing already but its been working pretty well for me.

Last edited:

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
I use down-angle Gordo a lot depending on the distance and area I want to cover. It tends to be good for covering low recoveries close to the stage, and I'll use it as an alternative to the up-angle ones depending on how far away I am from the ledge.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I won't pretend for a second I'm good but oftentimes Ness and Co. don't like using their 2nd jump so you can dthrow > usmash (which as far as I know everyone can jump out of normally).

Good job Big D. shame you're not on stream, I would have loved to see.

dreamastermind

Smash Cadet
Congrats on doing so well with dedede Big D. Hopefully next time they'll get you on stream. Did you win anything for 17th place? How many people were in the tournament? Also, any highlights you can tell us about from that day?

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
I heard you almost beat ESAM's pikachu at paragon and took him to game 3. VERY impressive stuff man to pull that off with Dedede. ESAM talked about big D a bit on his youtube channel here, fast forward to the 2:12 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DJOQewI4pM

According to ESAM he won games 1 and 3, lost game 2 to Big D but games 1 and 3 were very close.

Last edited:

CO18

Smash Hero
Good stuff, lol you guys will soon realize DDD isn't bad. I don't think pika MU is that bad in this game. I played esam like half the mlg's we were at in brawl/ he's also in my region. Only thing that really made the mu bad in brawl was the 0-60 cg, outside of that I feel DDD can control the match, his range is a big problem for pikachu, dededes recovery is also much better in this game as well which was a problem in that mu in brawl since esam is extremely good at edgeguarding with that dumb char

Top Bottom