• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Brawl has no tech skill?

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
A very quick movie of brawl tech skill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APjt-cArpqk&fmt=18
If any1 has suggestions for more i should add to this movie i will gladly try to add your idea's I am trying to get people to think out of the box for brawl. I don't use B sticking to play falco so don't ask. I am open to using any character i can use almost every character

SECOND PART IS DONE WATCH IT INSTEAD ITS BETTER http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-AtpbOzPZI&fmt=18

(PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING) - This movie is about brawl and how brawl has the potential to be a great game. It is in no way about melee, don't respond about melee don't think about melee. If this is boring tell me what i can do to make it better. If u post anything about how this is worse then melee u should probably kill yourself for being to stupid to read this. ACTION REPLAY IS NOT USED

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
HHAHAH

I must admit the quality of the video was sexy, and that's about it.
And there is tech skill in brawl just not as much as opposed to melee.
For example the link's upB cancel edgeguards, sheiks vanish guards (i should have some vids up soon), Yoshi's DR, these things take skill.

I'll have some vids up soon.

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
HHAHAH

I must admit the quality of the video was sexy, and that's about it.
And there is tech skill in brawl just not as much as opposed to melee.
For example the link's upB cancel edgeguards, sheiks vanish guards (i should have some vids up soon), Yoshi's DR, these things take skill.

I'll have some vids up soon.
i meant i things u want me to do, but if u wanna do them well then that makes it a lot easier on me, also this was a quick 10 minute idea ill add more if it seems to be a good idea.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Hahahhah....lol....ha Ha... Hahahah. Haha Hha. Haaaaaa!!!!! Ha Ha Ha Haaaa Haaa Ha... No

Me14k

Smash Lord
So Brawl has no tech skill
This title has obviously been created because people have told you how melee is more technical than melee.

You, son, brought up melee; I did not.

And don't think about saying that you didn't bring up melee. Melee is where tech skill was born, and compared to the style of play in brawl, brawl has none.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
Melee is where tech skill was born, and compared to the style of play in brawl, brawl has none.
Oh shut the **** up already. Every god **** day there's some ****er talking down on either games.

Brawl has tech's/**** you can abuse or whatever the **** you want to call it, just like in melee. **** near every game has stuff you can do that WASN'T supposed to be done and were either never looked at during the programing of the game or left in there because they didn't suspect possible abuse.

Remember Halo? Camping........ON TOP OF THE STAGE?!? Anybody remember how some maps could be rediculously controlled by grabbing weapons THROUGH WALLS? Anybody know about super jumping and sword flying in Halo 2? How's that for "tech skill".

Every kind of game has some "tech/glitch" BS that's abusable. Melee had a bunch of that **** that turned out to be useful. Brawl is new but some useful stuff have been found like hyphen smashes, boost smashing, and most things are character specific like yoshis wavedashing, or Falcos dash attack cancel to Usmash and such.

The OP's video, by most smash bros players definition, is what you would call "tech skill". The pivot boost grabs were a great example. So compare this to say silent wolfs melee tech skill video. What's possibly more technical in silent wolfs video compared to the OP's video....the fact that silent wolf is pressing more buttons!?!?!?! Get the **** out of here with that ****.

I don't understand how one could put down a game based on the number of glitches it lacks. I have never heard about video game programmers wanting to put massive amounts of glitches and oddities in programming to make the game "super awesome technical professional". Whens the last time you saw an advertisement for a game that stated it was completely filled with new glitches you can master?

"tech skill" means nothing when comparing to another similar game. You can't argue about how great a game is because of all the stuff you can do in it that wasn't supposed to be done.

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
This title has obviously been created because people have told you how melee is more technical than melee.

And don't think about saying that you didn't bring up melee. Melee is where tech skill was born, and compared to the style of play in brawl, brawl has none.
i Made this movie to point out that Brawl has tech skill NOT TO SAY its better then melee ITS IN THE DESCRIPTION. If u want to talk **** about brawl then fine, but dont say it has no technical skill because that is a lie. Make sure you use valid problems with brawl (this movie is to prove brawl is good and not to compare it to melee.)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
@E.M.

Are you seriously implying that things like jump-cancelling shines while pivoting is a glitch? I'm assuming jumping out of your shield is a glitch too. Not only that, but you dare to compare Brawls tech skill to Melees? Its because of people like you that give 08 joiners a bad name.

What makes SW's vid possibly more technical? The fact that its Melee. Play Fox. I challange you to short hop (omglitch) with him.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Oh shut the **** up already. Every god **** day there's some ****er talking down on either games.

Brawl has tech's/**** you can abuse or whatever the **** you want to call it, just like in melee. **** near every game has stuff you can do that WASN'T supposed to be done and were either never looked at during the programing of the game or left in there because they didn't suspect possible abuse.
First off, Wavedashing was programmed into the game. If you use Action Replay and play the game...you can set it so at top of the screen it reads all of the commands being registered. "WaveLndSpcl" Appears when WaveLanding, or wavedashing.

Secondly, Z canceling in n64 could be argued to be a glitch, but L canceling in melee was programmed in, that Is why Lcancelled moves have (sometimes) different getup animations..

Remember Halo? Camping........ON TOP OF THE STAGE?!? Anybody remember how some maps could be rediculously controlled by grabbing weapons THROUGH WALLS? Anybody know about super jumping and sword flying in Halo 2? How's that for "tech skill".
I play competitive halo2. First off, super jumping is not at all technical..it is just about knowing where they are located, they take no skill--plus they are illegal in MLG. Sword Flying (assuming you are talking about the rocket+sword combo) was removed in an update on the game, and once again this is illegal in MLG, plus it serves no purpose because in order to do it, your enemy must be standing still for 10-20 seconds.

Glitch does not equal tech skill, son.

Halo2, in fact, is a very technical game. Check out youtube videos of BXR, BXB, Double shooting, triple shooting, swipe shooting, YYing, Continuous Double Shot, Continous triple shot (impossible). How about you try to press RRXYY at perfect timing, extremly fast, while aiming the right thumbstick? To do this, you must use claw...a controller holding technique used by few in melee, the disabled in brawl, but by nearly all of halo2 players.

Every kind of game has some "tech/glitch" BS that's abusable. Melee had a bunch of that **** that turned out to be useful. Brawl is new but some useful stuff have been found like hyphen smashes, boost smashing, and most things are character specific like yoshis wavedashing, or Falcos dash attack cancel to Usmash and such.
Tech skill does not equal advanced technique.

Short Hopping is an advanced technique. Shield Grabbing is an advanced technique. Not even you could make an argument that these are tech skills.

SnakeDashing, only a dash attack followed by a flick of the control stick.
Pivoting in brawl is easy..please don't argue this lmao.

i Made this movie to point out that Brawl has tech skill NOT TO SAY its better then melee ITS IN THE DESCRIPTION. If u want to talk **** about brawl then fine, but dont say it has no technical skill because that is a lie. Make sure you use valid problems with brawl (this movie is to prove brawl is good and not to compare it to melee.)
Son, You made this thread to dispute melee players. If you made this without this intent, you wouldnt have titled it as an attack at people who say brawl isn't technical.

Good Game.

Me14k

Smash Lord
@E.M.

Are you seriously implying that things like jump-cancelling shines while pivoting is a glitch? I'm assuming jumping out of your shield is a glitch too. Not only that, but you dare to compare Brawls tech skill to Melees? Its because of people like you that give 08 joiners a bad name.

What makes SW's vid possibly more technical? The fact that its Melee. Play Fox. I challange you to short hop (omglitch) with him.

Don't give them Ideas, They could hurt themselves.

/Close Thread.

(P.S., Double Post for the haterzzzz)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Janitor, I think melee would give them seizures...way to fast. Don't give them Ideas.
I donno Me14k, all they'll have to do is "press more buttons." They shouldn't have any problems with that.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
"Play Fox. I challange you to short hop (omglitch) with him."
I have both copies or brawl and melee and play them frequently. I can SH laser fast fall while advancing with fox pretty consistently......in LIGHTNING MELEE. They say he has a 2 frame window for a short hop, my thumbs don't care. Still working on other stuff.

And Me14K, your post helped me understand the difference between something that can be considered an "advanced technique" and that which is a "glitch". I understand that when a person uses many AT's together consistently with great results, we can say that person has great "technical skill."

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice

The fact that you are so dense is amazing, Melee is not where tech skill was born it was born when people first started playing video games, but you don't only say one stupid thing u turn it into a spam fest. If I say this has nothing to do with melee then (it has NOTHING TO DO WITH MELEE) why would you have to keep comparing melee and brawl, go do that somewhere else.

*THE PURPOSE OF THIS FILM IS TO SHOW HOW BRAWL IS GOOD* and nothing more
i can show brawl is good without saying melee is bad, not everyone has to bash everyone else

please don't respond to this or if you do i wont respond that way this flame fest can end

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
This video just shows how slow and simple some people's idea of "technical" is in Brawl.

Dreminem

Smash Cadet
It seems like the only people that argue that Brawl has tech skill don't even know what it is.

It also seems that people that say Brawl has technical skill equal to Melee are people that started playing Smash when Brawl came out and had never even played Melee on a competitive level.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
"It seems like the only people that argue that Brawl has tech skill don't even know what it is."

Ok....What is tech skill?

And I don't want a bull**** one sentence response.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
See, the thing is, Brawl doesn't need to be as technical as Melee for some people to enjoy it, and those who don't enjoy the game without the level of tech skill Melee had can still play Melee. I don't get why people are trying to prove something instead of just accepting this and being fine with it.

holysnap

Smash Cadet
Inspiring, im going to training mode to try these techs out asap!

But good job trying to show people brawl has tech skill, some parts of it actually do

Top Bottom