• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Diddy Kong got nerfed again.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
His up air and up throw were nerfed...again. -_- Does anyone know the exact specifics on everything that's different with those two moves? Like what's the exact frame data changes that were made and was hit stun affected at all with up throw?

Last edited:

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
This nerf was completely pointless IMO, especially since Sheik and Rosalina barely got touched.

Last edited:

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
All of the jokes about, "The only option is to nerf ZeRo..."

This is the closest they could get I guess. Silly nerf when there were better characters that remained the same or got minor buffs.

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
[LINK]

So Diddy's up air got an additional two frames of end lag. I was wondering what the hell was the exact change they made to Diddy's up air frame data. The fact Captain Falcon also got nerfed, but not Shiek is so stupid.

AvengerV

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AvengerV
Pointless nerf in my opinion.. There are way better characters who remained untouched yet they nerf Diddy, again..

Trunks159

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Trunks159
Last patch I hated Diddy then he got patched but this patch was a little unnecessary. Though you could also make the argument that all the high tiers needed to be nerfed. Shiek, Luigi, Sonic, Yoshi, ZS, and the rest shouldve been hit. (Shiek hasn't and I don't think Sonic and Luigi have).

Nevertheless, it was a good patch. Some low-mid tiers got buffed.

Where do you Diddy mains put Diddy in the high tier at the moment?

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
We have two options.

1. Drop the character.
2. Do what we always do and find out the best uses for each throw and what combos we can get off each of them.

yaaaaaa

Dalxp26

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dalxp26
We have two options.

1. Drop the character.
2. Do what we always do and find out the best uses for each throw and what combos we can get off each of them.

yaaaaaa
We only have 1 option and thats #2.
I shall never abandon my friend.
I fight for my monkey friends.

axelalexzander

Smash Cadet
Really surprised they nerfed the hitbox. If they were going to do that you'd think they change the animation to match it atleast? It's awkward how they don't match now. And seemingly not nerfing any of the other top tiers doesn't make sense. Shiek and Rosa needed a nerf more than Diddy.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
"Fair never auto canceled"

Are you kidding me? Part of what makes that move so great is the fact it can auto-cancel.

Sardonyx

星黄泉
I agree with you guys. Other top tiers should be looked at before diddy since he's been nerfed already, but Nintendo should be buffing the obviously weaker characters more instead of just nerfing the obviously stronger ones.

axelalexzander

Smash Cadet
I agree with you guys. Other top tiers should be looked at before diddy since he's been nerfed already, but Nintendo should be buffing the obviously weaker characters more instead of just nerfing the obviously stronger ones.
Well, it appears they gave the character many considered to be the worst in game, Charizard, a huge buff. From what I've read his upthrow now kills and can now combo off dthrow. So they're making some good buffs. Just guessing here but it's hasn't been too long since all the Diddy mains switched to Shiek. Maybe they feel it's too early for a Shiek nerf. That's the only reason I can think of that makes sense.

Last edited:

Trunks159

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Trunks159
I agree with you guys. Other top tiers should be looked at before diddy since he's been nerfed already
I don't see how this makes any sense. Diddy's nerf would have been justified this time around if they nerfed the top ten (:rosalina::4luigi::4sonic::4zss::4sheik::4falcon::4ness: and such). Though doing a bunch of nerfing probably isn't the way you wanna do it. Buffing is probably preferable.

Snokros

Smash Cadet
call me stupid... but did diddy's upair hitbox really get smaller? im not really noticing it.

Snokros

Smash Cadet
alright doesn't seem as bad as it originally was said to be if thats the case... still a shame though.

Last edited:

Snokros

Smash Cadet
one thing though is that the short video that was posted where diddy misses upair at point blank against a shiek... doesn't seem accurate(unless the 3ds version is different in that regard). hitting with the sides of short hop upair is alot easier than it was on that video.

Snokros

Smash Cadet
a possible reason for the miss at point blank is that the hitbox might be just attached to his hand now and that they came in contact with shiek after the hand had passed by?

Edit: i meant his foot(it is his foot right?).

Last edited:

Lex Jewthor

Smash Apprentice
Alright can someone help me confirm or deny something.

I want to double check to see if Diddy's jab now links more reliably into the multihit portion.

I don't actually think this is the case, but I can't actually test last patch reliably as it CPU DI is awful and it always links on them last patch as well. His Jab1 is still the worst move in the game by far, and you don't want to jab ever, but if it goes into the multijab it won't be a death sentence if you accidentally use it and forget to hold A to gentleman.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
From just messing around with Diddy yesterday, he doesn't feel bad. I think the auto-cancel frames on f-air might be gone and u-air is slightly nerfed. D-throw angle seems be different at higher percentage but it will kill at around 190%. It also feels that unstale U-air might be slightly stronger so u-throw into u-air will kill more reliably at the 110%.

Overall his nerf is way better this time around. Hopefully this is the last round of nerfs for him and he'll be left in a decent spot

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
To everyone saying, "omg dis wut u get!" If you really thought 1.0.7 Diddy was that bad and you just could not beat him, then don't be upset if people, idk, accuse you of not being good at Smash. He was not the best character in 1.0.7 and if this is what Diddy mains get for beating you, fine. The same Diddy mains will still beat you with double nerfed Diddy.

It's really not the worst nerf and I don't think it drops Diddy to mid tier or anything... Definitely still top 15. I kept putting off playing him when I heard about the patch because I thought it would make me mad, but it's not so bad. He still feels really comfortable to play as, but setups will require different moves now.

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
the only reason why Diddy Kong was heavily nerfed 2 times, one of whom when he wasn't the strongest character anymore, is the whining all around internet.
Good job, really.
But nobody, neither Sakurai, can save you from diddy's kicks in your mains' faces. Never.

CommanderVimes

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0275-7625-7862

I bemoan the Diddy nerf as much as the next main, but I finally get the opportunity to use this scene from the critic.
...Now if only someone could cut the length and photoshop Diddy's head onto Pacino's...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lol at all people thinking we're playing Hoo Hah Kong enough to cry about this.

U-Air nerf's not gonna kill him at the slighters - we're just removed already pretty nerfed kill option which is now more suited for comboing now.

Last edited:

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Can someone get a video of Diddy's Uair and its new hitbox. Also a clip of him trying out Dthrow -> Uair and Uthrow -> Uair. I'm gonna try and get the patch ASAP but not able to right now.

Imo, the biggest nerf out of the round that we got is the Fair auto cancel. Fair just had so much utility. Uair also had hella utility and the fact that it's range got nerfed sucks, but now it's the aerial combo move that it should be and not a blanket move.

Yammark Iggy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Trolltorb
3DS FC
1977-0250-8724
Seems that the better nerf greninja joke is slowly but surely turning into better nerf diddy.

Well then.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I blame all these ignorant dumb****s who kept complaining about "Hoo Hah" or D Throw U Air despite it not even being a true combo anymore after 1.0.6... **** this **** man.

Shog

Smash Ace
I blame all these ignorant dumb****s who kept complaining about "Hoo Hah" or D Throw U Air despite it not even being a true combo anymore after 1.0.6... **** this **** man.
You can't blame someone if its deserved

Diddy Kong main liking the Victim Route? Not surprised. Welcome to the Mid Tier!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Warning Received
You can't blame someone if its deserved

Diddy Kong main liking the Victim Route? Not surprised. Welcome to the Mid Tier!
Oh **** no, Diddy is straight Top Tier material still. He was so last patch despite the many nerfs, this one nerf won't make Diddy drop 2 tiers. Not even 2 positions from Top 5 honestly. It just sucks, cause he needed no nerfs.

The hell you even doing here? Rubbing salt? Diddys rekd you in 1.0.6, they will continue to rek you after this patch.

Last edited:

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
Oh **** no, Diddy is straight Top Tier material still. He was so last patch despite the many nerfs, this one nerf won't make Diddy drop 2 tiers. Not even 2 positions from Top 5 honestly. It just sucks, cause he needed no nerfs.

The hell you even doing here? Rubbing salt? Diddys rekd you in 1.0.6, they will continue to rek you after this patch.

Holy Jesus you're mad as hell

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Holy Jesus you're mad as hell
Of course am mad man. ****ing Sheik remained untouched after Diddy got bat**** insane nerfs last patch and she was preforming better than him. Even ****ing Rosalina got a buff in her Luma's HP. All because of some low life scrubs who keep getting their ass whooped by Diddy complaining about U Air all day.

Top Bottom