• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So DJ Nintendo... 6 months passed by, so far $0

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeplicate

Smash Master
hahaha i don't understand the hate from people saying it's THEIR fault for loaning them the money

the word "loan" means you expect to get it back

and what's it to you where people put their money??? if they have a good-paying job, a little extra, and are willing to help out the community, then why the f*** shouldn't they?

also, in some (many) cases, the money was lent out BEFORE there was any shenanigans about pbnj/dj not paying people back. it's MUCH easier NOW to say "well that's dumb."

hindsight is 20-20!!!

!!!!!!

as for it being a videogame tournament...
how much money have you spent going to tournaments yourself?
oh, hundreds of dollars? don't say!

wait, what are you doing right now?
spending countless hours on a forum dedicated to said videogame???!

LOLLLFMLAMOKALLAOFAO!!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
even if its dumb for people to loan money, its not like it's not DJ's fault for not paying them back

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
I find it pretty **** funny that you guys are still complaining online instead of doing something in person. Ya can try to act tough and ***** and do whatever ya want online but until you step up to Dj's face and tell him all this crap, then ur still going to get no results.

If I had people *****ing to me online I prob wouldn't care either cus ya too ***** to do anything in person.

Now I'm not here to cause any beef of w.e but ya need to either cut ya losses, ban him from tournaments or stop complaining cus its not getting you anywhere. Man up and make a decision among ya.

Oh and btw, banning him from tournaments doesn't even solve anything, it just postpones the issue for another few months and when it seems like progress is happening, it will start all over again.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Haha is joeplicate trying to say theres no difference between giving some random *** smasher a couple hundred dollars and spending a couple hundred dollars on smash yourself? What the hell lol?

I mean if you wanna loan random smashers hundreds of dollars to go to out of state tourneys by all means go for it. Just don't be surprised when you never see that money again.

Pi

Smash Hero
I find it pretty **** funny that you guys are still complaining online instead of doing something in person. Ya can try to act tough and ***** and do whatever ya want online but until you step up to Dj's face and tell him all this crap, then ur still going to get no results.

If I had people *****ing to me online I prob wouldn't care either cus ya too ***** to do anything in person.

Now I'm not here to cause any beef of w.e but ya need to either cut ya losses, ban him from tournaments or stop complaining cus its not getting you anywhere. Man up and make a decision among ya.

Oh and btw, banning him from tournaments doesn't even solve anything, it just postpones the issue for another few months and when it seems like progress is happening, it will start all over again.
wat .

joeplicate

Smash Master
Haha is joeplicate trying to say theres no difference between giving some random *** smasher a couple hundred dollars and spending a couple hundred dollars on smash yourself? What the hell lol?
that's definitely not what i'm trying to say. let me deconstruct this a little.

when you say " 'loan' some random d00d hundreds of dollars for a videogame tournament," there are a couple things that statement says

1. "random person" negates the bond between members of the smash community. You're trying to discount the rationale for loaning someone money (because person X doesn't really "know" djn), which would make them a big dummy for doing so.

If it really was a "random person," then yes, that would be a silly idea. however, DJ was and still is a well-known, relatively likeable member of the smash community. Like kline said, generosity and friendliness (paying for plane tickets) is the reason why we're awesome.

2. "a videogame tournament" sounds like what your mother would say. "Cletus?! What do you mean you're going to Alabama for a Videogame Tournament?!?"

It's like you're trying to make the whole of playing smash sound more alien. Here's a newsflash: Like i was trying to say in my earlier post, we're ALL part of the smash community. Even you! What's the point in suddenly bringing up the fact that it's a videogame tournament? Like we didn't know already? Even if it's nerdy, it's also the thing that about 85% of this forum loves to do and is dedicated to.

Genesis was an amazing experience, and most big tournaments are. If it was "just some vidjagame tournament," like your language implies, then yeah, the motives for loaning money out would be questionable. But they're not! Everybody and their mother wanted to go to those tournies.

What's more: you're on this forum right now, spending time on the game, and you have spent money yourself on going to tournaments. It's not that this is directly the same as paying for someone's plane ticket, but the motives are essentially the same. Both are motivated by love for the game and the community. In your case, the pot's calling the kettle a nerd.

That, along with "never enter my mind" and "I find it fascinating" seems to say that you would never fall for this/do something so dumb, or that you're above this whole thing in general. What are you, some kind of scientist observing ape behavior? ****en douche lol

3. "loan"
In your last post, you put "loan" in quotation marks, implying that the lenders shouldn't have expected DJ to pay the money back.

At the time the money was given, neither smasher had a reputation for not paying back what they owed. Or, if they did, I'm 99% sure that the smashers lending money didn't know about it. OR ELSE WHY WOULD THEY LOLLZ

If they did, after knowing everything, that would indeed make them naive. But there's a big chance they didn't, so the douchey tactic of putting "loan" in quotation marks doesn't work. In fact, they were expecting it to be a loan in the traditional sense.

tl;dr
what are you trying to accomplish by putting the lenders on blast? based on the circumstances, they weren't really in the wrong or naive in any way. on top of that, it's a nice ****ing gesture.

my personal opinion is that you're bored of people (deservedly) hating on DJN and wanted to shake it up a bit by putting the blame on the other party. seems like a d!ck move to me *shrug*

Reioumu

Smash Lord

Someone has terrible reading comprehension here. APEX is around the corner, this is both a callout thread as well as a topic to let people know. If people knew about crap like this earlier, a lot could have been prevented. So unlike the ones before me, I'm going to try to make this as public as possible so this crap doesn't happen anymore.

otg

Smash Master
zro was definitely high when he posted that rant.

I mean if you wanna loan random smashers hundreds of dollars to go to out of state tourneys by all means go for it. Just don't be surprised when you never see that money again.
Agrees

I still don't understand where people are getting this "DJ is a respected member of the community" thing from. Kid hasn't ever done ****, and is only liked outside of his own region. What, you say some ******** **** while commentating and force your way in with Waffles and all of a sudden your cool? The **** is wrong with the smash community.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Only in the Melee community stuff like this happens. Brawl4life.

Alukard

Smash Hero

Agrees

I still don't understand where people are getting this "DJ is a respected member of the community" thing from. Kid hasn't ever done ****, and is only liked outside of his own region. What, you say some ******** **** while commentating and force your way in with Waffles and all of a sudden your cool? The **** is wrong with the smash community.
Tell EM MAX!

dead *** though this is madd real talk. funny as hell too LOLOLOL

homie.....

Only in the Melee community stuff like this happens. Brawl4life.

just wait til they get old enough
LMFAOOOOO <3 tostada

dj nintendo just came up to a Boston Smash tournament like 2 weeks ago and made no money lol
LMFAOOO really i'm kinda sad i dont get to go to tournaments anymore =[

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Good stuff to PBNJ for paying errbody back, now you can lose to me in mafia again.

this thread though? Not even fam lol.

Anyway....

Lovage

Smash Hero
LMFAOOOOO *****

the power of youtube in full effect

PB&J

Smash Hero
What i realized was, Ill never borrow money ever again, Toasty let me borrow money because my check in the mail was stolen and i was going to get evicted if i didnt come up with the money. So i really appreciate that the most. Thinking about it now i could have paid Toasty back way sooner when i was winning Team Tourny's with Lambchops. Yeah i made some bad choices and i learned from them.

Me being harded headed i learned the hard way.
When Greater leon lend me the money to go to "Pat's house" im like great im going to sell mad shirts and pay him back and other people, but it didnt work out like that. I didnt sell alot of shirts. My flight got delayed and was @ the airport for three days waiting on my next flight. I told him i will pay him back by pound 4. i was thinking i will sell the pound 4 shirts that my friend Tommy created and i will make alot of money to pay him hbox, and toasty money all @ the same time.

Well i was wrong again, Banned from Pound 4, ( best thing that happened to me in my smash life) Yeah i was angry i didnt go. I even literally cried the day before, but after i stood up and realized that it was all my fault. I started going to church more, like i should of been doing anyway. It is only a video game. i didnt have to be at every tourny in the world like i wanted to before.

I eventually made my own money. Not getting it from my family or anything. Earned the money myself.(besides paying back toasty, that was my birthday money)

Paid back Toasty on my birthday.

Paid Hbox @ Ceo and Greater Leon the Following week

i owe fullmetal 10 bucks, but im buying him a new controller while im up here.

So the only person i owe is Xif and ill give it to him when i see him. It really just slipped my mind that i owed him, but i dont even want to owe someone 25 cents..lol

The thread that was made about me didnt really motivate me really but made me realize how much i put this game first before alot of things and that needed to stop.

About DJ- DJ is DJ and Will be motivated sooner or later

Toasty- thanks again because without u i will be living back in ny and i never want to move back here

On a brighter note , check these interviews out on apex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2rqmf0viHc Lambchops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-9uih3bO7o D1 part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmzLoIA93LM D1 part 2

i have others with soft,merck,cornel,and shag but they are on my page

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
in this thread

1) Melee gets exploited for its kindness
2) the melee community is too forgiving
3) people don't understand why people are kind

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
lmfaooo yea son, my bad guys xD

to tell you the truth, i dont even remember posting that last night. I open the browser and see this the last website visited. So yea... sorry lol

but what i said held some truth: you will see no money until you either help him with a job or somethin

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
This is pretty surprising because I always enjoy DJN's company. I had asked DJN to commentate at Cataclysm V along side D1 but looks like I will have to reconsider unless this is resolved before the event. Hope everyone gets what they are entitled to.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
This is pretty surprising because I always enjoy DJN's company. I had asked DJN to commentate at Cataclysm V along side D1 but looks like I will have to reconsider unless this is resolved before the event. Hope everyone gets what they are entitled to.
Swiftbass/D1 combo imo. Probably a much better option.

Lovage

Smash Hero
dj's commentary was actually really good back before he didn't take himself all seriously and called himself the best commentator and ****. he's been awful at commentary for a while LOL

Kanelol

Smash Lord
wow kane, take your own advice and add some common sense to it.

lol don't you think people would be understanding (even more than they have starting with loaning money in the first place.)if he had given them a legitimate reason why he couldn't get a job due to some sort of family issues or legal trouble-anything really, don't just ignore them.

and don't borrow more money to go to more tourneys that you can't afford. thats irresponsible to the maxX. that just says you don't give a ****.

im am extremely open minded person myself but don't be naive.

your argument didn't even make sense and was easily countered with " I know him" or "get a job"

at this point im sure its more principal than money. they have made it this long without it, but dam-can you be that grimey.

all of that can be gathered from reading what people say. its pretty clear how everything went down.

not to mention this is thread "***** gimme my money 4" we seen this show already.
I'm not condoning or condemning what he did, I'm just saying that I know literally nothing about the situation, and neither does (almost) anyone else here

once again, drama llamas

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
how do you know what everyone knows?

this is also the 2nd occurence and 4th thread.(pbj was the other 2-props on manning up) **** has history behind it.

I think you need to change your name to kane and respond to g$ cuz gettin **** on like that isn't even funny.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Thanks for the heads up.

I probably wouldn't have let him borrow money like that unless I was nearly guarenteed money back in less than 24 hours or unless I really knew him.

I've spoken to him many times, been to more than 10 tournies he was at, and even dropped him home before, but I wouldn't lend the dude even $20 bucks without a promise of near imediate payback that was believable.

Once again though thanks for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom