• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, Doc's d-air can still do 12%

FCN

Smash Rookie
NNID
FatCatNine
3DS FC
3609-1337-9033
Lurker here. Finally decided to post because this is quite strange to me.

So this guy on /r/smashbros posted that if you use Doc's d-air on an opponent while moving backwards it deals 12% damage instead of the usual 10%, but only if the opponent is on the ground.

I've found that it's not moving backwards that causes it to do an extra 2%, but rather if the opponent hits the ground during the d-air animation. It just happens more reliably when you're moving backwards. It seems that when that happens the final hit and the landing hitbox somehow get merged and cause 5% to be dealt instead of 3% from the usual last hit or 2% from the landing hitbox.

I don't know if this useful to anyone. I just thought it was kinda neat that d-air still has the possibility to do 12% even after the nerf it received, and that you guys might think it's interesting too.

Oh, It also occasionally does 13% with an extra hit if used on a platform like those on battlefield. Kinda strange.

KeeblerGuy

Smash Cadet
The last hit of Dair goes off and a few frames afterwards you hit the ground to activate the ground hitbox which also hits the opponent. It was like this before Dair got nerfed. The extra hit you are mentioning that happens occasionally off of platforms is probably because of how this game doesn't show the decimals to the damage moves do. The actual damage values to Dair are right here: 1.904% (loop hits), 3.36% (last hit), 2.24% (landing). So, it's doing 12.something damage (sorry I don't have the time to test it out or add it up) and adding over it self to be 15% rather than 14%.

Top Bottom