• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So fox is lighter than kirby

PWtCB

Smash Cadet
I find the list very weird. I would of never thought that Squirtle would be heavier than Zelda, Peach and Olimar, let alone Ivysaur. Would it be possible that they made some kind of mistake? I find it very surprising to see that Fox is the lightest. It's pretty absurd if you ask me.

drengist

Smash Journeyman
Everything's seriously ****'d up now. Fox is going to be rubbish, I'm afraid.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Here's how I'd make it:

Bowser
Charizard
DK
King Dedede
Wario
Samus
Ike
Link
Mario
Yoshi
Snake
Ice Climbers
Fox
Shiek
Pit
Peach
Zelda
Zamus
Lucas
Sonic
Diddy Kong
Squirtle
Kirby
Meta Knight
Pikachu
Ivysaur
Olimar

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
According to Brawl Central, Chris states the following:

- Kirby is listed as medium weight and Meta Knight is listed as light weight. On the list of characters in order, they are both KO’d at 91% by Mario. Why Kirby is listed as medium is unknown, but that IS what their charts said. So the final word seems: They're both the same weight, but the magazine put them into different weight classes for some reason.

- Ivysaur gets KO’d by Mario much easier than Squirtle does, yet Squirtle is listed as light, and Ivysaur as medium. This is not an error on our part, and it is in fact what what the magazine says.

Both Kirby and MetaKnight, of which MetaKnight has a weight comparable to Fox, are both KO'd by Mario at 91%. For some stupid reason, the magazine labels Kirby to be medium, when he's clearly not. Fox wasn't that severely nerfed which means you have no reason to start crying like a scrub already. Fox has BEEN a lightweight since Melee, while he was near average in SSB64. Kirby is mislabeled, and so is Ivysaur, unless Pokemon Trainer introduces a new concept of "weaknesses" in knockback.

This concept of having a weakness is directly tied to what types the Pokemon are weak to. For example, while Ivysaur may be heavier than Squirtle, he gets KO'd more easily to Mario's Fire Element Side Smash A. This would also suggest that Squirtle is weak towards electrical attacks, such as Zamus's tazer pistol, Pikachu's Thunder, and perhaps Captain Falcon's Knee, Ganondorf's Aerial Down A, and Fox's Reflector. Charizard, may counter-intuitively be weak to ice, due to the lack of water-type attacks in seen so far. Perhaps even weak to Kirby's Rock attacks, since Rock > Fire in Pokemon games.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Kirby's just a heavy floaty thing now... or Fox just got major ner***e through weight. @.@

Rakath

Smash Ace
kainsword: F.L.U.D.D. and Squirtle both Bring WATER to the table in attack form. Ice by the Pokemon charts would be normal effective against Charizard, super effective against Ivysaur, and do JACK to Squirtle.

What worries me (well, sorta worries me, I've had my fair share of shinespikes to make me happy to see a Dedede HAMMAH down on Fox's head) is how many moves will be taking Fox out before he even touches 100% Mario's F-Smash is the 35th strongest move on the list, and it takes him out at 88%. What will a F-Smash from Dedede and Ike (1st and 2nd), Ivysaur's U-Smash (3rd), or Zelda's F/Bair (4th) need to do take Fox out of action?

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Well hopefully Nintendo will go with that logic.

In the Poke'mon (misspelled it possibly) games Charmeleon evolving to Charizard gave it more weaknessess than strengths. Ice was just one bizarre example. (Sorry that this is off topic).

Rakath

Smash Ace
kainsword: Ice by the Pokemon charts would be normal effective against Charizard
Actually Charizard being a flying type as well would make Ice super effective against it(unless they changed it at some point). Just wanted to point that out.
Pokemon advantage/disadvantage cancel out anytime one half is effective and the other isn't. Unless they are immune to a move (then they remain immune).

Which I guess would mean DK's Ground Slap shouldn't touch Charizard...

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
So light means hes nerfed???? If anything hes quick and swift. I wouldn't make too many assumptions until you have played the actual game.
I think those numbers are what percent they get killed by by a certain attack, and Fox was killed the easiest, thus he is "light." You can still be floaty and be heavy and vice versa as you can see by looking at Samus in Melee (and in Brawl too I s'pose).

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
I think it has something to do with Mario's forward smash being fire damage like everyone else is saying.

Dudechapguyman

Smash Cadet
Fox was lighter than Kirby in the PAL version of Melee. Fox being lighter than Kirby isn't some never before seen thing.

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
Poor Fox. :/ Does anyone see the favoritism bias Sakurai has with his Kirby characters? Its getting quite annoying and I'm sorry, just because you like Kirby, doesn't mean it should heavier than a Fox wearing battle gear. No, Sorry, no.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
It's fine they are making him lighter and weaker, he WAS overpowered, they better fix up everyone equally though.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Poor Melee Kirby. :/ Does anyone see the favoritism bias most tourney players have with his Fox? It wass getting quite annoying and I'm sorry, just because you like Fox because he was top tier , doesn't mean it should he should be top tier in the next game. No, Sorry, no.
U C WAT I DID THAR?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Poor Fox. :/ Does anyone see the favoritism bias Sakurai has with his Kirby characters? Its getting quite annoying and I'm sorry, just because you like Kirby, doesn't mean it should heavier than a Fox wearing battle gear. No, Sorry, no.
I guess that's why Kirby was balls in Melee, right? Favoritism. Hmm makes sense.

Jeez. Your characters aren't broken anymore. Deal with it.

Besides, Fox was light as hell in Melee. Nerfing his weight doesn't make him bottom-tier because they nerfed his weight from 64 to Melee and.. oh wait!! He's the most feared character in that game! By that logic, Weight nerf = overall buff = OMG Fox tourney-banned KUNFERMD

AeryEcho

Smash Cadet
I'm glad Fox'll be nerfed, now my friends won't complain I choose him since he's top-tier...

anyhow, about the Kirby debate:
Is Kirby fast? Not really...
Is Kirby strong? Not particularly...
Then what use is he?
In the name of balance: Of course Kirby's getting buffed, 4th from bottom on tier list needs buffing....
It may seem like favoritism, but I think that you guys might be the favoritists, since your favorite character(s) is/are being nerfed...Kirby needs buffing somehow, and weight is really the only classification that fits...sorta. It's a stretch, but I have faith he won't be over powered.

As for elements, I don't think water is an official element, it's just an...attribute.
Elements include Electric, Ice, Fire,
Other "types" include slash, arm, leg, body, spin (I think), energy
even more types: direct, indirect, special,
and that's all I can think of right now, but typically, water:
Does no damage and only pushes, making it an "attribute"
Oh ya, maybe darkness is an element, I have yet to see that on a sticker...but it looks like an element in Giga Bowser's f-tilt...

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I guess that's why Kirby was balls in Melee, right? Favoritism. Hmm makes sense.

Jeez. Your characters aren't broken anymore. Deal with it.

Besides, Fox was light as hell in Melee. Nerfing his weight doesn't make him bottom-tier because they nerfed his weight from 64 to Melee and.. oh wait!! He's the most feared character in that game! By that logic, Weight nerf = overall buff = OMG Fox tourney-banned KUNFERMD
indeed... fox was even lighter than Kirby in the PAL version. Borken characters need serious nerfs and they get them

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Kirby is like a helium balloon! Fox's gun alone should weigh more! Grrr......

Top Bottom