• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Good It Hurts - a g-reg combo video by masterwumpus

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Good song. But not a good one for the video, I didn't like it within the video. Why wasn't the small text at 00:38 clearly visible? Would've been better. The editing could've been much better and you should've stopped the combo there and go to another one, here they are(based on personal preference):

00:38 - Text should've been readable(this could just be my computer)

00:58 - Should've stopped after Fox died, showing G-reg go back up wasn't necessary

01:05 - Should've transitioned right after knee

01:13 - Should've transitioned right after knee because the next one missed

01:18 - Why are you showing these misses? If they led to a combo or a kill after it would've been fine but this didn't

01:23 - Yet another missed knee being shown

01:46 - Should've transitioned right after knee

01:59 - Unnecessary miliseconds of Greg staying on the ledge and then coming up as the Sheik comes down, and not doing anything(you switched to a different combo). And the next one after this did what I wrote, you couldn't have done it to this one?

02:08 - Should've transitioned right after knee

02:14 - Should've transitioned right after the uthrow

02:24 to 02:27 - The Peach combo should've stopped after he landed the double Uair, the rest of the combo in here up until 02:33 isn't even a combo, just weak hits

02:43 - Oh man he didn't even land the Uair OR kill the Sheik, shouldn't even have the combo due to no finisher

02:54 - Again with the missed hits, should've transition after the Utilt

03:23 - Should've transitioned right after knee

03:32 to 03:35 - What kind of combo is this, if you can't even see them why put the combo in?

The rest of the video was much better. The editing was great, the combos were actually combos. And most if not all ended with the opponent dying or going severely out of the stage.

IMO the worst video you produced. And its your last one. So meh.

masterwumpus

Smash Journeyman
Unnecessary miliseconds
Anything that pertains to this unimportant to me. Thanks for voicing your opinion, but I don't really get the point of squabbling over half a second. Even so, there is an answer for every one of those things you pointed out: I had no extra clips. I used every single clip I thought I could pull off in the video and I just barely got to the correct length. So, if you really need a justification for those 'mistakes', there it is.
00:38 - Text should've been readable
It wasn't supposed to be readable. It was supposed to make you have to look really hard and pause the video to see. It was a joke. I almost made it harder to read, but luckily remembered that Youtube would make it worse so I lightened it up a bit.
03:32 to 03:35 - What kind of combo is this, if you can't even see them why put the combo in?
I personally thought the off-the-screen knee was one of the coolest things in the video. I'm sorry you didn't like it.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
I thought it was a pretty kick *** video and the music I thought fit perfectly with it. Though the whole music thing is a personal preference. I just wish everyone was into all forms of music like myself, heh.

falco freak

Smash Journeyman
EPIC! i loved the song and g-reg is my favorite falcon player.

masterwumpus i will miss ur videos a lot. u made my favorite falco video (aces and eights) and some other of my favorite combo videos in general.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
You people are insane. Rage against the machine is awesomeness.

the only sad thing is that i think i've already seen almost every match that footage was from. So sad there's not enough greg stuff out there.

Demongod86

Smash Apprentice
I have to say that the music was horrible. Also, it needs more Falcon Punch in it >_<.

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
12,000 views/downloads.

Nah, but in all seriousness, lets put aside the EC WC, DBR TA thing for a sec.

I did like this video, and it's totally obvious that there isn't much G-Reg videos out there, so good stuff on what you were able to put together with what little you had. I like how G-Reg moves like, in spurts. 4:30 is Silent Spectre status, much love for that moonwalk reverse knee.

I have 2 cents to put in, just like everybody else does. Firstly, some combos seem like they're sped up. But it's totally understandable, it's hard to capture every clip perfect, and sometimes it gets rendered like that. Some of ours does too.

Secondly, some of the combos don't flow. What I mean is, he'll do a few moves, get hit, then do another string of combos. DBR is guilty of that one time in Silence, but we figured it went well with what came after it. Again though, you didn't have much to work with.

Entertaining video, <3 G-Reg

masterwumpus

Smash Journeyman
12,000 views/downloads.

Nah, but in all seriousness, lets put aside the EC WC, DBR TA thing for a sec.

I did like this video, and it's totally obvious that there isn't much G-Reg videos out there, so good stuff on what you were able to put together with what little you had. I like how G-Reg moves like, in spurts. 4:30 is Silent Spectre status, much love for that moonwalk reverse knee.

I have 2 cents to put in, just like everybody else does. Firstly, some combos seem like they're sped up. But it's totally understandable, it's hard to capture every clip perfect, and sometimes it gets rendered like that. Some of ours does too.

Secondly, some of the combos don't flow. What I mean is, he'll do a few moves, get hit, then do another string of combos. DBR is guilty of that one time in Silence, but we figured it went well with what came after it. Again though, you didn't have much to work with.

Entertaining video, <3 G-Reg
Heh, you know I can't compete with DBR. You guys invented SSBM combo videos and are the main reason I started making vids.

I'm not sure about the rendering issues you mentioned, but those things can happen I suppose, I didn't capture any of the footage so I wouldn't know.

I'm glad you liked it, I know I enjoyed Silence.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
wow i didn't know there was an art to combo videos too. Either way, this vid was awesome. I mean come on, it's ****in g-reg.

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
isn't at 0:57 ish kind of luck that the laser hit fox? I never realized how good his up-air was so good and could be used to set up combos...

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed that g-reg posts in every topic that mentions him. I also hypothesize that he does this while winning matches.

Top Bottom