• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, has anyone wondered if Quick-Smashes are returning?

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
Granted, the Wii U could easily do it, and the 3DS could do it with the inclusion of the add-on, but do you think they'll actually include the functionality for quick "c"-stick smashes again?

I know a few people who preferred them due to them being faster than the normal input despite the lack in power, so I can imagine there's a group that wants it to return...

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Granted, the Wii U could easily do it, and the 3DS could do it with the inclusion of the add-on, but do you think they'll actually include the functionality for quick "c"-stick smashes again?
Probably, at least on the WiiU. There isn't much reason to leave it out (on the WiiU) that wasn't also present when Brawl was released, and Brawl has it. There are reasons to keep it, though:

- It'll make some people upset if they don't.
- It'll leave one of the two sticks on a number of controller options (the main gamepad as well as the WiiU Pro controller, and possibly the Wii Classic Controller, etc) dead, which likely feels wasteful from a game design decision.

I know a few people who preferred them due to them being faster than the normal input despite the lack in power, so I can imagine there's a group that wants it to return...
I believe the majority (although definitely not all) of the higher-level/competitive smashers utilize this. Not only for smashes, but also for aerials, especially retreating fairs and advancing bairs. There is most definitely "a group". There are also plenty of "casual" smashers who also utilize it as well, although I don't have as strong a statistical grasp on that group.

There's enough to be vocally upset about it if they drop it.

I'd be quite surprised if the secondary-stick smashes don't make a return on the WiiU version.

With regards to the 3DS version, it is largely dependent on how popular the add-on stick is. If its enough of a market to consider, it'll probably function as quick smash/aerial stick. If its a tiny niche market that never got a lot of sales, it could be completely ignored. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
As long as the second stick is customizable I'm happy. I've never used it for smashes, but in Brawl I used it to pull of some special f-b moves with Zelda.

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
As long as the second stick is customizable I'm happy. I've never used it for smashes, but in Brawl I used it to pull of some special f-b moves with Zelda.
That would be neat, but since previous versions didn't really leave us with the option of customizing things, I doubt 4 will......

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Well, as said, I changed it to B-specials in Brawl so there has been some customization available in the past.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
That would be neat, but since previous versions didn't really leave us with the option of customizing things, I doubt 4 will......

Brawl did allow full customization of everything including the second stick on the Gamecube controller, I don't see why Smash 4 wouldn't do the same honestly.

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
Brawl did allow full customization of everything including the second stick on the Gamecube controller, I don't see why Smash 4 wouldn't do the same honestly.
........Did it?
Honestly, all I remember is the choice of not using the stick to jump.
I need to power on Brawl again and take a second look, it seems.
Still, I'm hoping you're right about Smash 4 allowing it.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
........Did it?
Honestly, all I remember is the choice of not using the stick to jump.
I need to power on Brawl again and take a second look, it seems.
Still, I'm hoping you're right about Smash 4 allowing it.

Yea, you could map specials and even movement to the second stick too :p.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
Unless there's some special use of the 3DS touch pad, I expect that we'll be able to map actions to it. Street Fighter IV lets you map actions to it and Kid Icarus also had ability use tied to the touch pad. That all worked quite well. The 3DS is also missing a second stick by default, but it has a touch pad, so it's natural to expect the touch pad to be able to do what the C-stick used to do.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The Megaman vs. Mario video already showed Sakurai using the 2nd stick as a c-stick.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
The Megaman vs. Mario video already showed Sakurai using the 2nd stick as a c-stick.

I don't remember even seeing Sakurai on the video after he passes the controller to the Mario, you either saw another video of the same footage (very possible), or I am really bad at noticing things XD.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
There were multiple videos of the event, several with sakurai being shown. You can also see the d-pad being used for taunts.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
Id love for it to return, and also the customization aspect.

I would love to see wavebouncing availiable again.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm pretty sure they would do the so the same thing they did in brawl. For Smash attacks on the 3DS i'm guessing swiping the screen or nothing at all.

Top Bottom