• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So how are Falco's match-ups?

ApolloX54

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering how Falco's match-ups were

His counters and who he counters....

I'm new to playing Falco on an advanced level so...yeah

viperboy_74

Smash Master
if the falco knows what he's doing, falco can win any match up.

the only problem with that is virtually every character has some sort of chain grab to death, zero to death, or extremely cheap low percentage kills they can do on falco.

examples.

marth - moderate to combo. at low percents use dair to shine to dair to shine. getting a little higher percents you can dair to utilt. also, i prefer a little more fancy and do dair to utilt to uair to dair.... i counter marths at FD(sometimes), stadium, RC, and PF.
BUT - marth can chain grab and zero to death falco, ending with a tip hit. be careful of that. a good marth will counter a good falco at FD, BF, or story probably.

fox - very easy to combo. my personal favorite matchup. use the fairly new 'waveshining' technique. dair to shine, wavedash back or forward, depending on their DI, run up and repeat. at higher percents, throw utilts and uairs into the combo. you can dash attack to shine at 70, dash attack to fsmash at 100. i counter foxes at FD or stadium.
BUT - fox can also chain grab falco. also, falco is the easiest character for fox to cheap shine kill. learn to tech them.

jiggs - difficult to combo. very annoying matchup. shoot a lot of lasers, more than normal. try to stay away and watch for the grab. as soon as you get grabbed, start DI'ing. in fact, if you feel like you're going to get grabbed, start DI'ing before you even get grabbed. she's really hard to cheap kill and combo. i usually go for a shine off the top in this match up.

CF - easy to combo. you can waveshine CF just like fox. the only difference is use more uairs and nairs instead of dairs.
BUT - CF is really good at tech following. it's sometimes better to not tech at all against him. also, his uair goes through falco's dair so don't try to come down on him. make sure you short hop everything.

falco - at a pro level, first shine wins. lol, not quite that bad i guess, but i'm not joking too much either... do the same as against fox. watch for back throws to fsmashes...

lol... any other match ups you want me to elaborate on?

ApolloX54

Smash Apprentice
Umm.. well you nailed pretty much everybody.

Let's see I play against Link and Doc a lot.

Isn't Peach pretty bad for Falco...?

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
The Peach strategy I employ is laser spam, edgehog (do this carefully, but if you do it right, you can mindgame them to fast fall past the edge distrubingly often). Watch out for that annoying Parosel (or however its spelled). And Peach is light and floaty, so use it to your advantage. She tends to go off the top of the screen to death pretty early. Never crouch cancel her. Ever. She will punish you for it. And make sure you know how to DI, because it's the only shot you have against her chain throw combos once they get going.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Peach is basically laser spam and keep her in the air.

CCing isnt all that bad you just have to be smart with it. Alot of Peach's moves are weak and CCed ridiculously easily and sometimes they cant downsmash ie if they are in the air coming down . Just dont get tricked too much by that crazy air dodge of hers.

Shine to uair works alot you have to keep her above you, and she can jab you out of your aerials iirc, and ftilt can catch you out of your aerials too into an aerial or combo.

She can grab you even if you are behind her shield. Also her CC is pretty good so watch out for that. You can sometimes sneak beneath her float and shffl uair her or if she is really high up a fjnair is really good. Utilt is good in this match up and shl->usmash is good for keeping her in the air or sending her there and sometimes killing.

Top Bottom