• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, how are you doing on avoiding spoilers?

bobwaffles

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to spoil myself on anything. I watched a couple of SSE videos posted today and they were really amazing. I want to watch them for myself when they actually come out, so I guess most of my posts will be here until March. I already spoiled myself on Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, and Metroid Prime 3 Corruption and I regreted it, so I'm not going to do the same for Smash.

I guess it's inevitable that I'll learn some spoilers and I doubt this board will remain completely spoiler-free. Some idiot will probably reveal the entire roster and SSE storyline here eventually.

Midboss

Smash Cadet
I'm doing quite well. Though I'm very interested in hearing a "yes" or "no" regarding whether the roster from hell is disproven.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I couldn't hold up and saw everything, godspeed guys, godspeed.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
So far, avoiding spoilers hasn't been that hard... I checked the "stats" from Famitsu, but other than that nothing.

It doesn't hurt that since the delay, I haven't really done anything Brawl-related (besides the dojo, SMYN, and Smashdash, which is staying spoiler-free)

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
I'm doing well. I'll just talk about any random game and I'll be fine. How about the Ace Attourney series?

Ithilgore

Smash Apprentice
Not as well I hoped. No SSE spoilers yet, but I've now heard too many characters, just from coming here and seeing the "last post" at the right of the screen for General Discussion. Luckily I've onl y seen veterans and one newcomer I already knew about anyway from last week. How to keep this up for 5 months, I'm not sure. I gave in and watched the intro, but that's all I'm hoping to give into.

This is going to be insanely hard. I doubt i'll be able to stop myself coming across the roster before the game is out.

nin10do

Smash Journeyman
Just got spoiled from a "last post" as well, sadly. 40 more days of torture...might as well go ahead and spoil it for myself!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I promised myself I'd be strong, and so far I have been, but I'm not sure I'll last. Usually I do pretty well with spoilers to games. I kind of tip-toe around them, naturally stumbling on a few minor ones, but saving the really important stuff for the game.

I couldn't help going into the overall Brawl boards section and looking at a couple of new character boards. All the ones I saw were ones that I thought were shoe-ins or extremely likely, so I don't feel too bad about them. But. . . over a month to go. . . .

If I were in a PAL region, I'd be clicking every leak I see. It takes so much self-restraint just to wait a month—if I had to wait as long as Europe and Australia do, I wouldn't even bother.

burrito

Smash Lord
A few veterans were spoiled for me, but I don't mind that too much. I'm going to avoid any other spoilers from now on. It is slightly difficult. =(

Luthien

Smash Ace
I'm doing horrible..
I promised not to look at anything related to SSE but too late...
Brawl Cental has been getting a lot of leaks lately..
Same. I wonder if this is what an addiction is like...

This afternoon, I was pacing around the room, fighting the internal struggle of whether or not to go to Brawlcentral and see what's up.

After twenty minutes of sheer will-power, I gave in. Then my sister realised what I was doing and there was a bit of a battle over whether or not Brawlcentral would be viewed. Six bruises and one band-aid later, it ended and I went to the site. Only to find the Bravenet page and to discover the site was innactive... in a way, I was spared, but I don't know how I feel about that... >.>.

Ever since giving in to the Deathly Hallows spoilers, I've sworn not to give in. I'm doing a fine job, huh... >.>'.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I'm staiyin in this bomb shelter with the rest of you people for the next month and few weeks.I am not going to have the SSE spoiled for me.

bobwaffles

Smash Apprentice
I got the roster leaked for me this morning, but it wasn't too big of a deal. I'm mostly worried about the Subspace Emissary.

Torchik

Smash Ace
I'm doing pretty bad...I already spoiled a few characters by accident. I'm just gonna stay away from Brawl Cental and Brawl General Discussion from now on...>_> Hehe, I'm glad we have this support thread...

Torchik

Smash Ace
Ugh, I just watched one of the SSE videos...*cry* This is so hard! I have a plan, though. As soon as the game comes out in Japan and all of those people put their matches on the internet. I'm gonna have my friend email me videos with specific non unlockable characters in it. For instance, I'll tell him I want a match with IC in it and he'll give it to me. I just have to wait one more day with nothing till the game comes out there and the obsessionists put their videos up. ^_^ *sigh* One...day...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Horrible, i can't control my self but their are a few characters i don't know of and i would like to keep it that way. I saw 1 video and it ruined like 3 characters i don't want to see any more i'll just try to play a video game i haven't beaten in the mean while i guess

KingKraken

Smash Journeyman
Just ok... After the
Lucario, Ness, and Jiggs
leak, I swore to myself that I wouldn't look at any more characters, but then I saw the
C. Falcon and Marth leaks.
sigh... I guess I'll keep looking for characters, but SSE is strictly off limits for me.

Illyasvel

Smash Apprentice
Failing miserably. I spoiled the roster just by going into the Zelda section ^_^

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
I effed it up. Reason: the roster has angered me beyond belief.
I want to see some pics and matches, but everytime I search I just see SSE stuff which I REALLY DON'T WANT TO SEE!

Fawriel

Smash Master
I'm doing quite well. Though I'm very interested in hearing a "yes" or "no" regarding whether the roster from hell is disproven.
I made a thread concerning the roster size. The answer lies there. ( Sorry, don't want to answer here and tempt those who are passing by. )

I promised myself I'd be strong, and so far I have been, but I'm not sure I'll last. Usually I do pretty well with spoilers to games. I kind of tip-toe around them, naturally stumbling on a few minor ones, but saving the really important stuff for the game.

I couldn't help going into the overall Brawl boards section and looking at a couple of new character boards. All the ones I saw were ones that I thought were shoe-ins or extremely likely, so I don't feel too bad about them. But. . . over a month to go. . . .

If I were in a PAL region, I'd be clicking every leak I see. It takes so much self-restraint just to wait a month—if I had to wait as long as Europe and Australia do, I wouldn't even bother.
I'll tell you, bro.

By now, I know all characters, I peaked into many of their respective rooms to see some footage...

I made a list of what I want to know and what I want to and can possibly avoid:

Avoid:
-Subspace Emissary plot. ( Unfortunately, I already know what looks to be the final boss. )
-Stages.
-The style of certain new characters.
-Basically all small things that people don't mention as an aside at every possible moment.

Do want:
-Certain information on my favourite characters so I know what to prepare for.
-Certain information on Captain Falcon so I know how to ruthlessly destroy every n00b I encounter playing as him.
-MUSIC!

Avoiding spoilers is like being abstinent <_<
impossible
Oy!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Avoid:
-Subspace Emissary plot. ( Unfortunately, I already know what looks to be the final boss. )
Ouch. That's a biggie. But at you least you can still enjoy getting to it.

Do want:
-Certain information on my favourite characters so I know what to prepare for.
I hear you there. Yesterday, I checked out the character boards for two characters I cared about and so far. . . bad news. But at least they're in, I guess.

-Certain information on Captain Falcon so I know how to ruthlessly destroy every n00b I encounter playing as him.
-MUSIC!
Here, here!

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
I'm doing ok, my goal is not to look at anything relating to the SSE.

Characters, stages, meh, I look at em.

ZOMG the *spoiler edit*is with *s edit* and *s edit* hippopotomus *s edit* then *s edit* Ice cli-*s edit* stick with a *s edit* BOOM!

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
I just screw the SE for me.I dont want to know the plot,and I already screw some big ones.I dont have a Wii on the other hand,so.....
I know all the characters and some stages.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Hm.

I guess it was naive of me to think that since everyone was able to stay polite about spoiler content for the past day or two that no one would feel it incumbent upon them to do something like that. Maybe EVERYONE on this board will be really mature about it for at least a month or two, I thought. That ought to teach me a lesson.

Thank you, Ryoko.

Top Bottom