• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So..how many of you use his Standard A

K 2

Smash Lord
I use it randomly, mainly to annoy people. You can usually get 6-8% before they DI out of it if they know what they are doing. Theres the greenhouse (jab) -> bucket combo thats very nifty...try it sometime. G&W has better attacks though, attacks with more range, knockback, damage (dtilt, very fast, use it a lot)

nash123

Smash Journeyman
I mainly use it for jab->Dtilt and Dthrow->Jab->Dthrow->Jab until they tech out of it other than those two there are no other good uses in my opinion.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
It's G&W's fastest attack, so it's good in situations where you need to react fast. Against characters that don't have amazing grabs, you can use his Jab as shield pressure. Using jabs out of shield is also very good.

gordon117

Smash Cadet
I do the dthrow -> jab -> dthrow combo. Its awesome, I can get horrendous amounts of damage on people, especially because people will try to DI the wrong way first, and POOF there is another dthrow. And when they finally DI properly, BAM Usmash!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I love the jab. Good range for a jab...almost like wolfs standard a but more spammable. It's good for opponents who overuse their shields

SnAp..

Smash Rookie
I use the jab bucket combo, and I use it when I know my opponet is about to grab me

Neb

Smash Lord
Dair -> Greenhouse is pretty nice since it has twin hitboxes, both infront and behind G&W. You can cancel it into smashes, grabs, tilts, etc.

And Jab out of dthrow is descent as well, the hitbox comes into play again. Performing one jab before you techchase can catch foes that are mixing it up, and limit them to teching. Plus it can lead into the pseudo chaingrab, and some other things.

Mr Mattastic

Smash Journeyman
I like using for spacing myself, if you time it just right you can follow up with a downsmash when they DI just far enougth away, I just hate that it takes awhile to cool down if you start the combo.

Top Bottom