• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So how's life?

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
@Nintendo Man: Brighten up! We want to hear your opinions on things. And it makes perfect sense that you'd be a little bit behind people who have had at least a couple more years experience, all you have to do is take advantage of the fact that we're here to relay our knowledge to you.

Also, people that are mean on smashboards are noobs. Usually they're joking, but if they aren't, then sthey should probably get off the forums.
I've... kinda lost all faith in humankind right now... and I can't ignore that humans have that stupid self-preservation thing going on for them. So... how do I know that there is help here? For all I know, someone could just post an instruction book on how to lose every match you have conveniently labeled "The Comprehensive Guide to __________". Or, more subtly, the person could just immediately change to an unbeatable tactic shortly after posting said guide. After seeing someone get verbally destroyed on a topic about edgehogging, I'm not even sure I KNOW how to play Brawl now.

I have the same disorder as nintendoman, and I have only recently been able to come out of my shell. It is entirely possible for someone to change their point of view, and even their personality if they have the support of their friends, and mentors.
That's nice to hear. Of course, I'm still missing the essential part of that equation... :urg:

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
Skill in a game isn't something you want to base self-worth on. In fact, Skill in anything shouldn't be a basis for self-worth. Don't measure yourself by other people's standards, view yourself from your own eyes. Don't look at yourself from the perspective of the popular, arrogant girl, or the condescending nerd, or the headstrong stubborn Jock, and especially the bully. They don't know anything about you, they have no control over your life. Only you know and affect who you are, and it is only you who cna destroy and create your personality. It is only what you choose that can affect who you become, but staying away from what you're afraid of (people's opinions) can only lead you deeper and deeper.

Don't worry Nintendoman! you'll make friends. Sure humanity has it's quirks, but that's what makes being human such a fun undertaking. Making friends can be very intimidating, but look past the humanity of a subject and you'll really have nothing. Humans come in many different shapes and forms. But don't let one particular form keep you from interacting with another. Doing that will put you in a hole, and being in a hole is not the most ideal place to deal with your problems. The hole will keep you from people and then all you have is yourself, and your thoughts. But there are people who WILL help you out of your hole. If someone says, "Hi," say hi back, and they'll probably ask you about something you have. Or you can pull yourself out of your hole. Say hi to the naext person who sits next to you, look at what they're doing and ask questions about it, or if you know about it, tell them something you know about it, without sounding arrogant. or ask them about something you like, or something going on in the news, or say something you find interesting, without stating it like a question, such as a "did you know." Although that is one of the ways to find something in common, it's just a one liner, and its one that you have to follow up with something. You might have a very good conversation! They might even like video games! then you'd have something in common,
and that's how most friendships start!

As for mentors, find something that you're interested in, and go to a class. It will be hard given the disorder. But learn about it. Teachers are supportive, encouraging, and helpful. They will do whatever they can to help you. You can go to them for advice, and even if it seems that they hate you, Which they never will, they will always be happy to give advice. Sports are a good place to start, even if you're not athletic, it is a very good place to find friends with similar interests, although some will be arrogant, the majority will be very supportive of you, and the coach will always be there to lend you a hand if you need it. If you don't like sports, then join a club! Clubs can be a very good place to meet friends. Most youth group leaders would be more than happy to give you support and advice! If your not a child or a teenager, or if you're out of college, then a job can be a very good place to make friends. The lowest paying jobs usually have the friendliest people working for them, in my experience. As long as it's not fast food. If you're religious, church is a very good place to meet people.

Hopefully if you read that, it will be helpful. Good luck!

I know it can be hard, but you can't let a state of mind control your life. Although it will probably still have partial control, you must take out that first barrier that keeps you from talking to people. Only the most rotten of people will reject you, and those are the people you don't want to have anything to do with. I admit, much of the advice I wrote above, I have a hard time following, But if one person can do it, I'm sure you can.

Go ahead and say it: tl;dr

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Nope, just pointing out your logical inconsistencies. It's kind of the goal of every argument.

"Basically, yes, but suicide isn't the only option" strongly implies that I am taking the position that it is.

"You're trying to make it seem like there's only ever two options" is where you acknowledge that I'm not trying to make it seem like suicide is the only option.
I think we're on a different page. You seem to be taking this as some sort personal argument, as though this is somehow a competition that we have to win.

Lets just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Skill in a game isn't something you want to base self-worth on. In fact, Skill in anything shouldn't be a basis for self-worth.
Oh, that's a relief, considering I have NO skill in... well, much of anything that I know of. =/

Don't measure yourself by other people's standards, view yourself from your own eyes. Don't look at yourself from the perspective of the popular, arrogant girl, or the condescending nerd, or the headstrong stubborn Jock, and especially the bully.
Y'know... I see myself as... awkward to be around, clumsy, boring, lacking humor, dense, completely incapable of being trustworthy... and I could continue the list. And... I don't guess I've really met any of these people you're talking about (maybe I was just too dense to notice)... probably because I never let any one of those exist.

Don't worry Nintendoman! you'll make friends. Sure humanity has it's quirks, but that's what makes being human such a fun undertaking.
I... don't think any of what I listed above could be called a good quality of a friend. And... I personally don't think the habit of self-preservation is very fun... but then again, I've never been away from the bottom before, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

Humans come in many different shapes and forms. But don't let one particular form keep you from interacting with another. Doing that will put you in a hole, and being in a hole is not the most ideal place to deal with your problems. The hole will keep you from people and then all you have is yourself, and your thoughts. But there are people who WILL help you out of your hole.
I've come to realize that... as a few people have tried to help... I... can't seem to get past the point that I end up just a hopeless jerk in the end... and that people have no patience for that kind of personality.

If someone says, "Hi," say hi back, and they'll probably ask you about something you have.
...Or they'll just continue to do what they're doing, satisfied with the fact that they've pretended to be friendly enough.

Or you can pull yourself out of your hole. Say hi to the next person who sits next to you, look at what they're doing and ask questions about it, or if you know about it, tell them something you know about it, without sounding arrogant.
Generally... that's backfired horribly for me. I'm either too dense to understand what their doing, and then of course they just shrug me off, considering the futility of explaining whatever their doing. And if I know something, they know it as well, and thus the conversation comes to a sliding halt after that. :(

or ask them about something you like, or something going on in the news, or say something you find interesting, without stating it like a question, such as a "did you know."
What I find interesting, everyone else finds boring.

Although that is one of the ways to find something in common, it's just a one liner, and its one that you have to follow up with something. You might have a very good conversation! They might even like video games! then you'd have something in common,
and that's how most friendships start!
That's assuming on the offhand chance that whatever I start out with doesn't get defeated the moment it comes out of my mouth. :urg:

As for mentors, find something that you're interested in, and go to a class. It will be hard given the disorder.
I bet it will be...

But learn about it. Teachers are supportive, encouraging, and helpful. They will do whatever they can to help you. You can go to them for advice, and even if it seems that they hate you, Which they never will, they will always be happy to give advice. Sports are a good place to start, even if you're not athletic, it is a very good place to find friends with similar interests, although some will be arrogant, the majority will be very supportive of you, and the coach will always be there to lend you a hand if you need it.
The lack of skill in anything athletic is one of the reasons I take up videogames.

If you don't like sports, then join a club! Clubs can be a very good place to meet friends. Most youth group leaders would be more than happy to give you support and advice! If your not a child or a teenager, or if you're out of college, then a job can be a very good place to make friends. The lowest paying jobs usually have the friendliest people working for them, in my experience. As long as it's not fast food. If you're religious, church is a very good place to meet people.
Well, my situation isn't all that helpful to begin with... I'm a sophomore in college. I'm a five hour drive from home. And... so I don't work because of school. Of course, my past history hasn't helped. I went through four years of social ineptness in high school. Even though I was in the band, I didn't really have too many friends (well, reliable ones, anyway... it seems like my town seems to breed double-crossing jerks that put on the perfect mask to hide their... double-crossingness) there either. I mean... everyone tolerated me... and I tolerated them somewhat. I was simply told by the counselor that things would get better each year, and each year... nothing changed. Of course, my senior year, I was told that things would get better when I got to COLLEGE. And... yeah, nothing really changed. So... I'm the problem, I guess.

Hopefully if you read that, it will be helpful. Good luck!

I know it can be hard, but you can't let a state of mind control your life. Although it will probably still have partial control, you must take out that first barrier that keeps you from talking to people. Only the most rotten of people will reject you, and those are the people you don't want to have anything to do with.
Looks like I've had the rotten luck of meeting most of those rotten people. :urg:

I admit, much of the advice I wrote above, I have a hard time following, But if one person can do it, I'm sure you can.

Go ahead and say it: tl;dr
...I can't say what I don't know. Wow, what I n00b I am. Let's go ahead kick me for not knowing what "ITT" is either. :urg: *footshot*

Smash Master
Every statement is an argument. I don't know why you think I'm taking it personally. I'm not. I just like to argue:)

I don't think I can do anything better than my friends, except that I'm more well informed in politics, and I'm an excellent public speaker, but nobody cares about that stuff.

Like I said, I like having friends who are better than me, because they can help me in life. Being depressed and having no confidence is just a negative and temporary, albeit necessary, side effect.

I haven't had soda in three years. Yay me:)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I haven't had soda in three years. Yay me:)
That's why your not happy, you haven't popped a can of Dr. Pepper in soooooo long.

Jk, but seriously 3 years is a long time.

If I'm feeling blue, I play Poker. It's not a vice, it's a hobby. :)

Smash Master
Yeah, but I don't want to get even fatter. I guess I'm torturing myself in anticipation of long run results.

I also play poker, but when I suffer a bad beat or misread somebody's hand, I feel worse.

When you lose an Ace-high flush to a straight flush, you know God hates you.

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
Oh, that's a relief, considering I have NO skill in... well, much of anything that I know of. =/
This is a false statement. No matter what, you will always have at least some skill in some thing that you can build upon. Seeing yourself as someone without skill just means that you can build upon everything you put your mind to. If you just try, You WILL get better. And let no one tell you otherwise, even yourself

Y'know... I see myself as... awkward to be around, clumsy, boring, lacking humor, dense, completely incapable of being trustworthy... and I could continue the list. And... I don't guess I've really met any of these people you're talking about (maybe I was just too dense to notice)... probably because I never let any one of those exist.
Hmmm... Awkward is something you something you are not. If so, you wouldn't be here, saying it! It means you are uncomfortable in situations, but posting in a forum, where there are Way more people than you will ever interact with at one time, and probably a higher chance of being judged, shows that you can push through it! There's no harm in being clumsy. In fact, most humans are clumsy. It's nothing to be ashamed of. You won't be boring to everybody. Many people will actually think of you as genuinely interesting, and they will not abandon you. Everyone has their own particular brand of humor. What may be funny to you may not be funny to another, and vice versa. But thinking you lack humor will cause you to ignore a joke. Dense... No. Just no. You are not dense at all. thinking you are will not cause you to not even try to understand anything. You don't want to not be able to understand. Everyone is capable of being trustworthy, it's all a matter of perspective. Just because you see yourself as such, doesn't mean others will. unless you make it obvious, the person opposite will never think this.

What I listed are stereotypes, I personally have never met any of these. It's good that they have never been a part of your life.

I... don't think any of what I listed above could be called a good quality of a friend. And... I personally don't think the habit of self-preservation is very fun... but then again, I've never been away from the bottom before, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.
None of what you listed above ARE good qualities. But they are not your best qualities. Allow your qualities to Shine forth, don't force them behind a veil of false opinions of yourself!

If you don't think it's fun, why do you do it? pull yourself out of your hole, and you will surely meet someone who will gladly pull you up the mountain.

I've come to realize that... as a few people have tried to help... I... can't seem to get past the point that I end up just a hopeless jerk in the end... and that people have no patience for that kind of personality.
Did you allow those people to help you? You set up an illusion to give you an excuse for them to stop. They more than likely did not think of you as a hopeless jerk if they tried to pull you out of the hole. People don't Like to hear people complain is true enough (experience), but to say that you're a hopeless jerk is wrong. You don't sound like a hopeless jerk.

...Or they'll just continue to do what they're doing, satisfied with the fact that they've pretended to be friendly enough.

Generally... that's backfired horribly for me. I'm either too dense to understand what their doing, and then of course they just shrug me off, considering the futility of explaining whatever their doing. And if I know something, they know it as well, and thus the conversation comes to a sliding halt after that. :(
Yes, there will be people like this. But don't be too discouraged, because there will eventually be someone out there who will listen, and be willing to strike up a conversation with a complete stranger. It won't always come to a screeching halt if you don't allow it to. Instead of stopping the conversation the instant they say 'yes,' bring up something you thought was interesting about the subject. Try to look at talking like playing a game of chess; different moves work on different people, it's just up to you to figure out what it is.

What I find interesting, everyone else finds boring.
This is absolutely not true. This is a lie that you have told yourself, because What one person finds interesting, someone else will find it interesting as well, or find it interesting that you're interested and become interested in your interest.

That's assuming on the offhand chance that whatever I start out with doesn't get defeated the moment it comes out of my mouth. :urg:
Humans aren't warplanes, and not everyone's a flying ace. Thinking that the instant something comes out of your mouth will be instantly shot down is a rather twisted view of humankind. don't stick slab after slab of armor plating onto your jet, or else it will never take off. If you remove some of that plating and take off to rendezvous with the nearest squadron, it is extremely likely that all of the planes will follow you

I bet it will be...
No. It will not be hard at all. Coming from one of the most shy highschoolers ever.

The lack of skill in anything athletic is one of the reasons I take up videogames.
Sports are just one outlet. There are many choices out there, for everyone. But judging by the rest of your post, I'm thinking this is something you're telling yourself after watching others. Those people have practised. You can get just as good, or better, if you apply yourself. just because others have skill in something, doesn't mean you have NONE.

Well, my situation isn't all that helpful to begin with... I'm a sophomore in college. I'm a five hour drive from home. And... so I don't work because of school. Of course, my past history hasn't helped. I went through four years of social ineptness in high school. Even though I was in the band, I didn't really have too many friends (well, reliable ones, anyway... it seems like my town seems to breed double-crossing jerks that put on the perfect mask to hide their... double-crossingness) there either. I mean... everyone tolerated me... and I tolerated them somewhat. I was simply told by the counselor that things would get better each year, and each year... nothing changed. Of course, my senior year, I was told that things would get better when I got to COLLEGE. And... yeah, nothing really changed. So... I'm the problem, I guess.
You're not the problem, It's your opinion of yourself that keeps you in your hole or grounded that is. You shouldn't think of yourself in such a negative light, as that will cause other people to be sort of condescendinng or helpful. It's a very big fault line, the slightest shift will cause every thing to go better or worse

Looks like I've had the rotten luck of meeting most of those rotten people. :urg:
Where? I don't see any. They don't reject you, you reject yourself. They don't think of you as a terrible person. They don't know enough about you to judge you. Only you do, and if you make it apparent that you think they don't want to talk, then they will assume you don't want to talk. so they will stop talking. Don't think they don't want to talk. Be openminded. Block your thoughts of judgement of yourself, because those are not the thoughts of the opposite person.

...I can't say what I don't know. Wow, what I n00b I am. Let's go ahead kick me for not knowing what "ITT" is either. :urg: *footshot*
You know what n00b means, you're halfway there;). but seriously, the tl;dr (means too long, didn't read) wasn't directed at you, it was directed at other people. I had to include a little personal pessimism :)

You're not incapable of learning new things, or figuring things out. there's no need to shoot yourself in the foot for no reason. We're not judging, or punishing you

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
This is a false statement. No matter what, you will always have at least some skill in some thing that you can build upon. Seeing yourself as someone without skill just means that you can build upon everything you put your mind to. If you just try, You WILL get better. And let no one tell you otherwise, even yourself
I guess the only optimistic point I have is that debating/arguing/whatever isn't one of my skills, so I guess you're right here. :ohwell:

But still... it's frustrating when what you used to be isn't what you are now... I know fewer people respect me now because... all in all, I'm not that great in anything. I was "the smartest person" in my high school class, but then my classmates realized that all their football scholarships were definitely more rewarding than being smart enough to go to a college where you'll always be trumped by the 4.0ers. And then of course, I'm evidently not that great to videogames either, or otherwise I wouldn't be in this slump. :urg:

Hmmm... Awkward is something you something you are not. If so, you wouldn't be here, saying it! It means you are uncomfortable in situations, but posting in a forum, where there are Way more people than you will ever interact with at one time, and probably a higher chance of being judged, shows that you can push through it! There's no harm in being clumsy. In fact, most humans are clumsy. It's nothing to be ashamed of. You won't be boring to everybody. Many people will actually think of you as genuinely interesting, and they will not abandon you. Everyone has their own particular brand of humor. What may be funny to you may not be funny to another, and vice versa. But thinking you lack humor will cause you to ignore a joke. Dense... No. Just no. You are not dense at all. thinking you are will not cause you to not even try to understand anything. You don't want to not be able to understand. Everyone is capable of being trustworthy, it's all a matter of perspective. Just because you see yourself as such, doesn't mean others will. unless you make it obvious, the person opposite will never think this.

What I listed are stereotypes, I personally have never met any of these. It's good that they have never been a part of your life.
Well, it becomes painfully obvious to myself, so I'm not sure HOW others miss it...

None of what you listed above ARE good qualities. But they are not your best qualities. Allow your qualities to Shine forth, don't force them behind a veil of false opinions of yourself!

If you don't think it's fun, why do you do it? pull yourself out of your hole, and you will surely meet someone who will gladly pull you up the mountain.
I'm a bit confused about "false opinion". It may be just me being dense again... but isn't that a contradiction of terms? What with false usually being applied to matters of fact, and opinion being... well, a matter of opinion... and I think I just demonstrated why I have few friends in the first place. I have this stupid OCD/perfectionist/whatever urge to nitpick things. :mad:

And... if you mean why I do the self-preservation thing... well, because everyone else does it. As far as I know, all I get for climbing out of a hole is just a bunch of people too busy trying to climb out of their own holes. Or worse, someone else is ready to knock me down again. :ohwell:

Did you allow those people to help you? You set up an illusion to give you an excuse for them to stop. They more than likely did not think of you as a hopeless jerk if they tried to pull you out of the hole. People don't Like to hear people complain is true enough (experience), but to say that you're a hopeless jerk is wrong. You don't sound like a hopeless jerk.
Yeah, they tried anyway. I don't guess I'm used to getting help with life, so I guess I'm way to conscious that everyone else has a life, and then I feel sorry that I'm wasting their time with my issues. And that... is where I become the hopeless jerk. I'd like to get help... but I don't wanna mess up others lives in the process.

Yes, there will be people like this. But don't be too discouraged, because there will eventually be someone out there who will listen, and be willing to strike up a conversation with a complete stranger. It won't always come to a screeching halt if you don't allow it to. Instead of stopping the conversation the instant they say 'yes,' bring up something you thought was interesting about the subject. Try to look at talking like playing a game of chess; different moves work on different people, it's just up to you to figure out what it is.
Yeah, except you can take your time in chess. By the time I've developed my thoughts, the person's already moved on to something else. I've wasted their time enough, I guess. :urg:

This is absolutely not true. This is a lie that you have told yourself, because What one person finds interesting, someone else will find it interesting as well, or find it interesting that you're interested and become interested in your interest.
I'd really like to meet those people. Seriously, I really do. Of course, those people would have to also tolerate me as well... :(

Humans aren't warplanes, and not everyone's a flying ace. Thinking that the instant something comes out of your mouth will be instantly shot down is a rather twisted view of humankind. don't stick slab after slab of armor plating onto your jet, or else it will never take off. If you remove some of that plating and take off to rendezvous with the nearest squadron, it is extremely likely that all of the planes will follow you
Well, if you never take off, at least you can't crash. Although it seems I've already found a way to crash without taking off anyway, I guess. :embarrass

No. It will not be hard at all. Coming from one of the most shy highschoolers ever.
Well, I congratulate you through making it through. I'm approaching 20 years of living now, and I'm still not "getting it".

Sports are just one outlet. There are many choices out there, for everyone. But judging by the rest of your post, I'm thinking this is something you're telling yourself after watching others. Those people have practised. You can get just as good, or better, if you apply yourself. just because others have skill in something, doesn't mean you have NONE.
Well, even then, sports isn't my interest... if my dad wasn't built for it, then I know I'M not built for it.

You're not the problem, It's your opinion of yourself that keeps you in your hole or grounded that is. You shouldn't think of yourself in such a negative light, as that will cause other people to be sort of condescendinng or helpful. It's a very big fault line, the slightest shift will cause every thing to go better or worse
Yeah. I guess trying to avoid growing an ego has severely backfired on myself. Still, I don't get anywhere from denying the truth, right?

Where? I don't see any. They don't reject you, you reject yourself. They don't think of you as a terrible person. They don't know enough about you to judge you. Only you do, and if you make it apparent that you think they don't want to talk, then they will assume you don't want to talk. so they will stop talking. Don't think they don't want to talk. Be openminded. Block your thoughts of judgement of yourself, because those are not the thoughts of the opposite person.
I guess you're right here as well. I guess anticipating rejection constantly as driven me to this.

You know what n00b means, you're halfway there;). but seriously, the tl;dr (means too long, didn't read) wasn't directed at you, it was directed at other people. I had to include a little personal pessimism :)

You're not incapable of learning new things, or figuring things out. there's no need to shoot yourself in the foot for no reason. We're not judging, or punishing you
Uh... thanks for defining that. Still, these days, to know what n00b means really doesn't amount to much.

And... I guess life for me is looking in a bit of a different direction: I'll be looking at wireless routers tonight so that I might be able to hook up online Brawl again. I can't say to what end that's gonna help or hurt me, but at least you guys can find me on Friend Finder or whatever (that's IF I can set up FF as well).

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
I haven't made a thread in a while...

I'm just curious as to what everyone is up to, I guess. Come here and tell us what big things you guys are doing with your lives right now or are planning on doing. And as ironic as it is coming from me, I'd like to keep this thread as serious as possible mainly because I can actually see some decent conversations stemming from this.

And actually, I would prefer it if you guys don't bash each other as well. I can understand giving helpful advice or blah, blah, blah but please try not to bash something that is heavilly meaningful to somebody. Or at least, approach the situation delicately. Everyone on here is a human being and should be treated as such with respect.

Right now I'm a senior in high school. I don't expect my year to be filled with excitement so I'll just skip over it. The highlight of my plans right now is my girlfriend, actually. We've known each other for well over a year now and have been together for five months. The plan is to get married and have a child during our honeymoon (I don't mean time the child to be had on our honeymoon... I mean, we're going to get started on making it then... :p).

But I haven't officially proposed to her yet so I'll be doing that this winter. Don't get me wrong, we've planned everything out and decided to marry each other, I just haven't done the whole kneel on one knee and present a ring deal yet.

Oh, and she'll be living with me when she turns 18 and we'll be getting married shortly after. So in three years I'll be married and in four I'll be a father. Obviously this upsets my chances of college but to me, I view marriage and a kid more meaningful and I'm willing to postpone my dreams for now.

This, of course, means I'll probably be doing physical labor but in all honesty, I don't mind doing so. And the degree I would be going for in college wouldn't significantly help me anyway (English degree) so I don't need a lecture on choosing college over my already existing plans... :p

Well, that's all from me for now. If you have any questions or would like to say something about what's going on in your life right now then feel free to.
I like the subject of this thread and on reading about what's going on in your life if like to provide you with some 'big brother' advice if you will . I'm a bit older than you and I think its not a very good idea to make plans to get married even though you love the girl getting married is something you can never take back. Its kinds like a tattoo once its on theere its very hard to get off.

Man I've been 18 and let me tell you something what you think that's a good idea now might not be one in 3 years. And another thing you've only been together 5 months? Dude you better wait a little whil before you make that decision. I was with my wife now for 3 years before getting married all I'm saying is you don't want to have any regrets

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
So.... Many... WORDS!!!

Argh... Well at least people are talking to each other so me talking to each individual person in this thread to keep it alive doesn't seem necessary anymore but there is something I want to point out:

NINTENDOMAN! I challenge you to PM me and see if I reject you as a friend. Negativity won't solve anything... Trial and error does. Let's see if this streak of betrayal will continue.

And whoever is supporting suicide in this thread, SHUT UP.

The only instance where I support suicide is if I'm dying a painful death then suicide is fine, unless you're Christian then get someone else to kill you but if you're faced with a problem that you can overcome alone or with support from someone else (i.e. if nobody around you likes you then at the very least they can come to me, I WILL try and help you out regardless of situation to the best of my ability which isn't much, unfortunately... Venting is a very great tool, though) suicide shouldn't even be an option.

This especially holds true for young people living with their parents. No matter the trouble or heartbreak, when you turn 18 then you can leave and make it on your own. Start fresh and try and do something with your life. If where you live sucks then aspire to go where opportunity is available and work towards that. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel but what most people won't tell you is that YOU HAVE TO MAKE THAT LIGHT!

Opportunity doesn't fall in your lap. Success isn't something you just wait for. DO SOMETHING! Get up and move forward and DO SOMETHING! Wallowing in self-pity doesn't benifit. It doesn't give you a longer life or encourage you to aspire for more. Everyone is allowed to feel sorry for themselves but if you dwell on it then you're wasting time that is better spent on improving your life. If not now then for the future.

But you HAVE to move forward. Options are only black and white when you do nothing. Adding a variable like actually doing something changes everything.

@Mr. Jack: I have ZERO regrets. Period. The end. That's it. I'm marrying this girl and I don't care if the entire planet tells me it's a bad idea.

If you feel the need to continue arguing why what I'm doing is a bad idea then I'll argue every last point. If you call me blinded by ignorance or false views of love then I strongly disagree but if you consider my disagreement a part of that ignorance then I'm going to disregard your opinions as well.

And it seems like I'm directing this at Jack but I'm actually directing it to everyone.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hmm... what am I up to?

Prepare for a long rant about how boring the past few weeks have been!

*Ahem*

Well, down in Georgia, our idiot school system starts school August 11th. So I've been in school 2.2 weeks already. Whoopee.

However, this is it. Senior year. And lifes gonna be simple, schedule i've got classes like guitar, business law (with an idiot who doesn't really do anything (the teacher) ), general economics (lawl worthy) and gym... hooray.

My only tough class this whole year looks to be AP Lit, seeing as I has like a 50 in there right now, because I accidentally got a 0 on the first essay, which is 30% of our grade. Whoops.

However, the teacher said she's going to be removing that grade if I prove myself the rest of the semester (easy enough) and we have lots of essays, and lit is my subject, so yeah.

The real difficulty this year will bring, is finding what colleges I want to apply to, etc. etc.

After I apply, and get accepted at at least one, smooth sailing, baby.

In the video game world, I'm getting myself more and more hyped for the new Banjo-Kazooie game, and I've been playing old DBZ fighters (Tenkaichi 2, Budokai 3, etc. etc.) this week, just because my DBZ fanboy self woke up.

Otherwise, life as been good and easy, trying to get a job at the blockbuster down the street, and from that point on enjoy life, and get games quicker than the average citizen.

Hoo-ah!

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Life is not bad, I just got through a roadblock in my life just this month, and I am kinda happy I overcame this.

I had an anxiety attack this month, and I'm a teenager 0.o

Anyways, I was afraid of death. I was scared of it like crazy and to me at that time, I thought that death was going to take over my thoughts and just think that everything lead to death.

Lucky I found out about what was scaring me. I was scared like crazy until I talked to my family members; I was scared of death since I was a young kid. I figured out that there's more important things to worry about rather than something that's gonna happen in 60-80 years, in the near 10 years, I will have to support my family, worry about a job and maybe even a child.

I also figured out that thinking about it just made me perform worse in everything I do, so I wanna improve and do the best I can, so I'm trying to stop thinking about it. Also since I'm just a teenager, I should use my summer break to have fun, I only summer break once a year, so might as well get over with it and continue having fun with my summer rather than thinking about one thing and letting it consume me for the rest of the summer.

Even right now, I still am a bit scared, but speaking with my family, I feel relaxed. Being scared is stopping me from doing the things I can do and if I'm not being scared, I could concentrate on what's ahead of me, and enjoy them.

Overall, this month has been bad and great; I've learned a lot this summer and it made me realize to open up and see what the world has to offer, since I don't know what's gonna be behind the door.

LegionBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Getting 3stocked Over...And over and OVER
I'm looking to finish highschool in a year (I'm in an at your own pace highschool.....) Go to college and get Masters in Engineering or Teachings can't decide =\ All before the age of 20. Now to answers your question =D life is going well right now just coming out of some bad times....

I agree with some of the other posters you shouldn't marry right after highschool date a few years marriage lasts longer than 5 months! Too many people including my parents have divorced from highschool marriages....I'm not saying you will but the majority do

M.K

Level 55
Bad. My parents are fighting horribly, and my mom just asked me if it was alright for her to leave my dad.
No, it isn't ok, but how am I suppose to convince someone that is so adamant about it?
This....is the worst day of my life.

Donut!

Smash Apprentice
Man this threads kind of a buzzkill, anyone got anything good going on in their lives? Personally I plan on moving to Japan next year once I'm done with college, and get a job teaching English over there. From there my dream is to try to get a job at Nintendo in their marketing department. It's a long shot, but we'll see what happens.

Smash Master
I'm taking 19 credit hours with six classes and 4000 words for Gordon Rule, so life is busy. I'm averaging 6.5 hours of sleep a night, with two 15 minute naps during the day, which is enough for me. I spend about 2 hours per day not sleep or study related (hygiene, eating, fun, etc..) and I'm okay with that.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
School is starting for me so theres that. I have a Biology study guide that I have to fill out. I am about half way done with it, with 3-4 pages but there's only one problem, its supposed to be 20 pages! As much as I'm looking forward to school, I'm not looking forward to class. Yes, there is a distint difference.

But, hey. Just going though life.

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
I have ZERO regrets. Period. The end. That's it. I'm marrying this girl and I don't care if the entire planet tells me it's a bad idea.
Wow. I'm seriously jealous of how dedicated you are to that girl. I wish both of you the best of luck.

I can only hope I ever find myself the connection that you've found :laugh:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
school started 2 weeks ago
im in chicago bored but i have smash and need to play some competitive players b/c pwning my sister and 2 lv 9 cpus got boring after match 1

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
How's my life?
I went to the Maryland Renaissance Festival. It rocked! I'm going to go next year. If you're in the area, go (they have jousting).
I also tried a deep fried candy bar for the first time while I was there..

So yeah, my life is good with a pinch of upset stomach.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Personally I plan on moving to Japan next year once I'm done with college, and get a job teaching English over there. From there my dream is to try to get a job at Nintendo in their marketing department. It's a long shot, but we'll see what happens.
Japan huh? gosh I wish i could go to Japan just because ofi them being so advanced in high tech devices, as for you enlisting into Nintendo, that's quite a dream you have there well.. good luck, you're going to need it.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Mah life? Its not so bad. I got friends, a cool family (though my mom needs to cool the heck down), and i get a lot of respect everywhere.

High School is a pain though. Its starts tuesday and i have to wake up 7 in the morning cause my school starts at 8:25 AM. Its a complete drag cause most of my good friends are in different classes. I'll also have plenty of school work and i'll probably not go on Smashboards as often. Other than that, its going great.

Smash Master
I've hated life since I was 10. I'm now 19. When is it supposed to get better?

Donut!

Smash Apprentice
Japan huh? gosh I wish i could go to Japan just because ofi them being so advanced in high tech devices, as for you enlisting into Nintendo, that's quite a dream you have there well.. good luck, you're going to need it.
Yeah I'm pretty excited at the opportunity. I plan on just teaching English there for a while, and once my Japanese is decent I'm gonna try to work on applying at Nintendo there. It's a long shot, but it would be AMAZING if I could make it happen.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
Well, there is a hurricane hurtly in my direction, although I am a good amount east of it's projected path, which seems to on course for dealing New Orleans some damage while they are still recovery from the last critical hit, it would be a nice thing to see this storm vear in a different direction just enough to spare New Orleans from another disaster.

Other than that, all is quite on the eastern front.

So...how is everyone else doing?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I just got back from Vegas. Not much to do there. Today is my eighteenth birthday. Tomorrow School starts and I have a 10 page essay to write. O_o;

Cirque du Soleil was awesome. Everybody should see it.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Hmmm... my life is loaded right now.... ive started playing football for the first time ever, i have all honors and AP classes with tons of homework, im coming up on my second degree black belt in Kung Fu and im also considering aking gymnastics once football is over... in the spring im a sprinter for my track team... in addition im trying to study and get my permit

DK2

Smash Apprentice
Well life is a little complicated because i've been out of school about two years and I don't know what to do for my life. Because I try to go to college but I really interested in Culinary Arts and making video games but I need to find away to do both but i'll be honest i'm not really smart so my brain run kinda slow. And i'm been in special ed classes about 10 long years and i'm really surprise I graduated high school. But I really need help to get to college, I just need to try my best to get to college someday.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Life sucks and I can write an essay about this.

Long story short:

-I have been separated from the military I wanted to be in SO badly.
-All student loans have been denied for me.
-The government will no longer permit me to have a government job.
-I am fricking POOR.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
Life sucks and I can write an essay about this.

Long story short:

-I have been separated from the military I wanted to be in SO badly.
-All student loans have been denied for me.
-The government will no longer permit me to have a government job.
-I am fricking POOR.
What happened...no military...no loans...no government jobs...your poor...what happened, I would be heartbroken in your situation.

~rh

Smash Lord
I just chilled all day. Played some Soul Calibur and now I'm just waiting for school... D:

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Maybe I should write a blog or something, describing why I barely have a future at such a young age.

I remember when I used to live in Florida and had to pick up the mess every year when we were hit 3 times a month. Those were the good times. =)

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I have nothing to look forward to. Not anything in the future, there is absolutely nothing there. Everyone's getting ready for their life to start, all off to uni, and I'm stuck here where there's no jobs and I have no grades. There is absolutely nothing in the future. I wake up and wish that I hadn't, then just drift through the day trying to salvage all the things that make me happy. What's worse is this isn't new, I had 3 years of this back a while ago.

Top Bottom