• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I accidentally erased my memory card

zapdose

Smash Apprentice
****! I didn't remember Game and Watch and Final D being so hard to unlock. It is MUCH harder than Brawl.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Remember that you can exploit the ******** AI to win 1 player modes. On event 51 you can "trick" giga bowser of the stage by jumping off the stage and staying there for a while (use a floaty character, if you use fox or falco use the shine, if youre playing samus use her morph ball bombs... there are many tricks for staying in the air a bit longer). If you do that giga bowser will breath fire at the edge to do a sort of primitive edgeguard. Now here's the trick: if ganondorf or mewtwo or both are behind they will try to walk to the edge to edgeguard themselves, and (accidently?) push giga bowser off the stage in the middle of his firebreathing animation and sending him to his doom (since he cant stop breathing fire fast enough to be able to get back.

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
Me erasing my memory card by accident was the best thing that ever happened to me. Here's the story:

I challenged someone to a match. I never faced that person before, but I was pretty confident of my skills.

On our way to my friends house, I kept bragging and telling him how I was soo going to beat him and stuff. He stayed silent and told me: "Just wait. We'll see".

When we got back, I accidentally erased my memory card. I was mad and I picked Falcon instead(I main Marth). He mained peach.

Although he was n00by, he wiped the floor with me a couple of times. I was like "How could a n00b beat me. Wat have I become?". He was waay over his head. He made fun of me. Called me a loser, called me a failer and many other things.

I couldn't take it. I wanted to show him.

I learned Wavedashing in a week. L-canceling and SHFFLing in a week and a half. I learned many AT that really made me improve to a whole new level.

I only have few things now to learn: 1) Perfect wavedashing 2) SHDF 3) Combos

If I hadn't erased my memory card at that time, I wouldn't have come to this level. I'll be facing my rival next week. And I shall give him one hell of a beating.

zapdose

Smash Apprentice
Me erasing my memory card by accident was the best thing that ever happened to me. Here's the story:

I challenged someone to a match. I never faced that person before, but I was pretty confident of my skills.

On our way to my friends house, I kept bragging and telling him how I was soo going to beat him and stuff. He stayed silent and told me: "Just wait. We'll see".

When we got back, I accidentally erased my memory card. I was mad and I picked Falcon instead(I main Marth). He mained peach.

Although he was n00by, he wiped the floor with me a couple of times. I was like "How could a n00b beat me. Wat have I become?". He was waay over his head. He made fun of me. Called me a loser, called me a failer and many other things.

I learned Wavedashing in a week. L-canceling and SHFFLing in a week and a half. I learned many AT that really made me improve to a whole new level.

If I hadn't erased my memory card at that time, I wouldn't have come to this level. I'll be facing my rival next week. And I shall give him one hell of a beating.
lol peach. all you have to do is spam downsmash and dash attacks to win.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Use Jigglypuff

Giga bowser is a real sucker for jigglypuff's down B. I just had to beat event 51 when I went to a friends house that didn't have FD unlocked. I was able to beat it on my first try with 2 lives left. O_o Thanks to Mewtwo for using some crappy attack that does 3% damage on me while I was sleeping so that I didn't get pwned by warlock punch, lol.

But then again, I consider jigglypuff one of my best characters, so after Giga Bowser was dead I was able to cream the remaining two with good edgeguarding. If you're not good with jigglypuff, then you may have to find another way.

Kop

Smash Rookie

Dude, I want some updates lol.

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
Dude, I want some updates lol.
Well... me and my friend were going to host a tourney this Friday(tomorrow). We were going to invite him and his so claimed "godly" cousins. Everyone was going to chip in 5.00$ and the winner takes all. We got to get about 30-40 people to join. We organized everything. I even used TIO to make me face him at the end. But it all got ruined. My friends dad didn't allow us to host a tourney in his house.

Bummer. :(

I will get EVEN BETTER and face him eventually. Tourney or not. I WILL challenge him someday. AND I WILL FREAKING WIN!

I'll show him who the failure really is. He told me that I wouldn't be able to beat him even if I trained for a million years. Well, we'll see about that!

N355

Smash Apprentice
It should be possible to download a fully unlocked SSBM and put that on your memory card, unfortunately I don't know of a way to connect a memory card to a computer.
now I have no idea if this can even possibly work for a second but what if you download the file to an sd card, copy that to your wii, and try copying that to a gc memory card?

Grunt

Smash Master
Jiggly 4 51

Dair to rest Giga Boozer
jump off the edge and stay off so ganon will suicide upb trying to hit you.
mewtwo just sucks, he's easy.

Deathknight

Smash Ace
I've erased my memory card like 3 times now. I copied my friends data the last time though. Not hard to unlock stuff though, I never had any trouble when I re-did it. Only thing I think is hard to unlock is DK64. Surviving 15 minute Melee is just such a pain.

okiyama

Smash Ace
I have AR so I just do teh unlock everything whenever I get corrupted, which happened to me about 4 times now due to mostly how bad my disk is I think.

Rampage

vx
haha I completed event 51 with fox, falco, jiggs, mario, and G&W. :)

I like using fox the most though, all you do at the start is shine constantly off the edge and wait for giga to get pushed off. OR you could just spam lazors and then Firefox right through giga to the other side and repeat until he's high damage then Usmash (m2 and gganon are dumb and wont disturb your laser spam)

Once all that is done just spam lasers at both m2 and ganon. They'll hold up their shield until it breaks(lol) then just spam more lasers at them and USMASH

My best time was like 1:45 or something :)

Jewdo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that sucks dude.
Nintendo keeps making games easier.
I hate that. :(
All I can say is thank Team Ninja for Ninja Gaiden, Kojima for MGS, and Blizzard for Starcraft II. Without shining examples like those to look forward to, I may have given up gaming long ago. Challenge = fun = sense of accomplishment. You just don't get that too often anymore.

Last edited:

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
Nintendo is a company that tries to make the video games fun for all ages, although i agree that its a shame they are making games easier, you cant fault them for doing so especially considering Nintendo hasnt had many competitive games.

The general gamer should be playing more than one game and like Jewdo said about Ninja Gaiden and SC2 there are still games coming that should feed ur appetite for competative games.

Top Bottom