• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
you do a move with one and during that move you do a move with the other one

if you let them reset then they resync. If you keep throwing out stuff they will stay desynced unless you choose options to resync them over time

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
ICs are definitely like...8th. Pikachu is better, legit. You haven't seen ICs win a national recently, have you?
I have barely seen anyone other than either MK or Oli win a national recently either. Vinnie came 3rd or 4th at SKTAR, didn't he? Though that was half a year ago...

I also have never seen a japanese tournament. I'm curious as to why ICs are 2nd there.

In any case, I've always thought ICs were fine. Dunno exactly how fine but definitely viable. At least... at least compared to my main (and secondary).

Why is it so depressing to see top tiers say their char is bad? :(

SoulPech

Smash Master
Delux I'm curious.

I watch that vid btw you and Zeton. When you started whiffing grabs, is it because of the a legit mess up or your nerve condition?

:phone:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Pretty sure it was just a mess up. ICs CGs are hard to be consistent cuz one slight miss time or mispace = drop.

DeLux

Delux I'm curious.

I watch that vid btw you and Zeton. When you started whiffing grabs, is it because of the a legit mess up or your nerve condition?

Pretty sure it was just a mess up. ICs CGs are hard to be consistent cuz one slight miss time or mispace = drop.

I was having a dystonia attack that whole 2nd game. You can tell because I botch a lot of techs outside of the CGs as well. You can also tell because I was fluctuating back and forth between different CGs and was struggling to find feeling on one of them.

It's taken a lot of therapy to even get to the point I can play through it to that level lol

Back story is, Saint actually won me that game. I was on the verge of a complete break down but he kept saying how I had the game and I could battle back. I kept focusing on his voice to sort of let myself relax which helps to a degree with my hands. At which point I was able to get to where I could play again enough to pull out the win. But definitely around the time I grabbed him and he broke out backwards, I was so shocked I set off hand issues lol

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Lux, have you tried memorizing timings and just chaingrabbing with your eyes closed? If you tune out everything around you, I would think you'd be able to stay calm (this is assuming you're also wearing your headphones which I don't think you were wearing the last time I saw you play).

DeLux

I can't muscle memory CGs at all which is the issue in the first place

Roller

Smash Legend
I beat Zeton last month. So I'm probably best ICs.

Also. So I don't practice this game at all anymore, and idk how but I think it's made me better. Beat NEO this weekend somehow..

(It should be noted I have always been terribad vs Marth)

Alsoalso. I can't play ICs with headphones in. I need audio for CGing.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Wow. I personally prefer to listen to it coming from the TV. Suppose it could be good for doing precise stuff, though I imagine you'd be focusing your attention on two different things: The audio and the tv, whereas when it's coming from the TV everything's coming from one place, so easier to focus your attention on that.

Actually that's a hideous justification. Ignore that.

Oh well, just preference then.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I know a lot of people who just listen to their own music instead of the game music.

I was going to at my last tourney but I left my earbuds at home. >_>

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I know a lot of people who just listen to their own music instead of the game music.

I was going to at my last tourney but I left my earbuds at home. >_>
Oh, I was thinking of connecting it to the TV just to listen to Brawl music lol. I was like "What's the point?" :p

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yo, the season opener of ponies was pretty good, although a character that badass should've been more present as opposed to just an ominous figure.

B0NK

Smash Lord
Yo, the season opener of ponies was pretty good, although a character that badass should've been more present as opposed to just an ominous figure.
Worse character development imo

I still enjoyed it, excited for this seaon =P

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I feel like I'm on the edge of quitting Brawl. I don't have the time or funding necessary. ):
I quit awhile ago :/. Just no interest anymore. I can't even watch streams anymore without getting incredibly bored.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I've never even understood what kind of fun people have in watching streams. Brawl is just boring to watch imo. I've tried but I can only do it when I am using them to learn stuff, not for fun.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Oh. :(

But aren't Brawl tournaments only getting bigger? Well, at least Apex...
Came to troll, but this post makes me think it's not the best time. Don't worry brawl scene. You could lose two or three entire reigons and still be ahead of melee. In the unlikely chance that brawl does die before melee, you could play ssbm or smash 4

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I've never even understood what kind of fun people have in watching streams. Brawl is just boring to watch imo. I've tried but I can only do it when I am using them to learn stuff, not for fun.
I like stream monstering, its fun to make silly comments and such.
Watching matches is how I learn. I watch almost every match of notable players for almost every notable tournament in the world. Its how I pick up notable techniques, learn people's habits & playstyles, and figure out even the smallest of details. Hell, I even have my own playlist of major Ice climber matches to study up on. I don't even know just how many times I've watched some of these matches and learned something new.

Playing with headphones?? Whoever had that idea? :o
I do with earbuds, but for the most part, it depends on the opponent and my mood. Most people/lightweight characters = Both buds in; Mid/Heavyweights = One Bud (for audio cues, and for snake to listen for C4s/Mines); Training/Practice/Cool off time = None.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
I quit awhile ago :/. Just no interest anymore. I can't even watch streams anymore without getting incredibly bored.
Y'see, I actually do legitimately enjoy the game though. I like watching the slower play (keep in mind, I love watching P:M and Melee's fast paced stuff too) for the same reason I like watching chess matches: it's interesting to analyze the way people think and approach a scenario from different positions (neutral, adv., disadv.).
I often find that Melee and P:M are harder to follow in that aspect, so I watch and play Brawl for the mindgames.

I just work a job that is heavy on the weekends, and doesn't really pay me very well for all the effort I sink into it.
I accomplished some of my goals, such as traveling to a national and meeting some of my Ice Climbers influences. So I'm pretty happy with my career in Brawl.

I'm just broke now. ):

Smoom77

Smash Master
I totally agree with you Saint, about the slow-paceness of brawl. I enjoy watching it because in a semi-camping match it's all a matter of prediction and choosing the best action. It's enjoyable seeing how the situation that you run through your head actually finishes.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
I totally agree with you Saint, about the slow-paceness of brawl. I enjoy watching it because in a semi-camping match it's all a matter of prediction and choosing the best action. It's enjoyable seeing how the situation that you run through your head actually finishes.
Prediction is native to all fighting games. It only appears prevalent in brawl because of how limited the characters are. Everybody can predict when there are so few good characters and each of those characters have a handful of broken moves that people can spam....... I suggest melee if You want to watch something fun.

Top Bottom