• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Sieguest

Smash Master
and that attitude? i'm filling in for frozenpoop. someone has to take his job. but seriously. everyone that says they're picking up IC's drops them in less than a month.
Frozen only flames people whenever they post idiotically, not for just showing up. It just so happens that most new people who show up to the IC boards post idiotically. o.o
5th lain
7th atomsk
25th swordgard

pretty good for ic's actually. altough i'm a little disappointed about meep :/
I am too. =/ Wonder what happened to Swordgard vs. Inui this time. o.o
Lol, there's a difference between 1$ MM and apex bracket match
O___O Jerm be namesearching? :088:

Besides, money is money! :mad088:

r3d d09

Smash Master
toobusytocare. it's about one person every year keeps with ic's. idk if i'm going to supercon. i'd like to. meet some bros. and 2b2c. ciz basically quit smash. he wont enter brawls anymore and will only do melee everynow and then.

Prawn

Smash Master
apex was fun i guess

i couldnt beat jerm or chibo(dropping grabs..whats new) so i didnt get out of my 2nd round pool.

i realized i never really beat anyone notable based on my own skill, but based solely on using this broken *** character(which i fail to use correctly)

so thats the official wrap on me and brawl, if i happen to find a close tourny ill prolly go and go all oli/falco or something silly. but im done posting on smashboards completely and this will be my last post ever

if you guys ever wanna chat feel free to hit me up on aim

pce *****s

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Great job to Lain and SG. I hope you had alot of fun in America Swordgard and I hope you are willing to come back. Nice job placing so high. Also, D: Meep, you'll do better next time.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Great job to Lain and SG. I hope you had alot of fun in America Swordgard and I hope you are willing to come back. Nice job placing so high. Also, D: Meep, you'll do better next time.
Kack, unless meep changes his mind, that was his last tourney. D:

Prawn, shut up and go to tourneys.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Good job to lain and SG.

SG beat some really good players (Gnes in pools, Co18/Shadow in bracket etc) but then lost to inui twice, as well as losing to jerm :/. A lot of IC players seem to be inconsistent like this.

Good stuff though, get better against MK SG :) and TL. Jerm has a lot of IC's experience from me and smoom but the last few times I've played Jerm in tournament and money matches I've won. I don't know if I would have beaten shadow though and I def can't beat Gnes so good stuff :).

Sieguest

Smash Master
Well anything that was connected to an electrical outlet in my room just got lawl owned. That included my computer so I can't get on Skype anymore at the moment. x.x (That should explain why it looked like I randomly left.)

DSi net ftw.

Teh Future

Smash Master
SG isnt really inconsistent, he lost to 2 legit players although he could have beaten inui in their bracket match he ****ed up CGs on 2 stock and then sucked it up.

also me and prawn are pretty much the exact same person

swordgard

Smash Hero
Good job to lain and SG.

SG beat some really good players (Gnes in pools, Co18/Shadow in bracket etc) but then lost to inui twice, as well as losing to jerm :/. A lot of IC players seem to be inconsistent like this.

Good stuff though, get better against MK SG :) and TL. Jerm has a lot of IC's experience from me and smoom but the last few times I've played Jerm in tournament and money matches I've won. I don't know if I would have beaten shadow though and I def can't beat Gnes so good stuff :).
It seems like the americans enjoy putting me on the live projector despite me not wanting to. The first time vs inui I couldn't handle the pressure because a huge crowd formed randomly and even did the USA chant. I have no idea how ally does it, so from now on I am going to wear headphones. When I asked if I could not play my matches on the projector, DM told me no, I asked him why, he said because "its hilarious" to see me play vs inui.

I dunnow I feel like theres 3 factors that really didn't help me at this tourney. 1, my playstyle being slightly too inconsistent with the walking desynchs, I relied on dash animation too much which meant I could never catch the tlink due to Z-Air. Since I had a lot of pressure I also messed up some stuff and got greedy afterwards and went into "grab mode", but thats my own fault. I know raidos beat jash before too, so I am guessing il just have to get technically consistent.

2, the crowd, I have no idea why the hell alex strife even bothers mentionning "no personal attacks" when realistically its all you guys do.
While playing, I kept hearing "You got this, swordgard sucks!"
"Go back to canada scrub"
"Wheres your skill now?"
"Hes going to **** up his chaingrab because he sucks"
Thats without all the yelling, I couldn't hear the game anymore at all at some point especially during USA chant. Now I understand why lain gets high before tourneys and wears headphones... The pressure is just too much with the crowd.

Also as for "get better vs MK", well just to point it out, its not like I am losing to bad MKs here. Holy 2-0ed lain in a MM right after the tourney. Problem is I played holy too much and got used to his playstyle so others were kind of awkward to me. Holy play's infinitely more defensive than any of your MKs.

Either way, fun tournament, will write more later, I am braindead.

swordgard

Smash Hero
SG, come to supercon this weekend and we'll rock everyone ;)
I am back in Canada and probably for yet another year.

I don't know what I am going to do or how I am going to train really atm... Canadian scene is pretty dead -.-

Teh Future

Smash Master
eh those aren't really legit johns tbh you should have been expecting people to cheer against you since you talked ****, espec. frfom new jersey.

everyone that plays ics has tech. skill johns

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Future, heard from a reliable source that you act mad homo when drunk. lol

SG what Future said pretty much justifies it. As lil john said "Don't start no **** won't be no ****." Don't trash talk and you won't have to worry about it much. And DM (and NJ in general) are really *****.

swordgard

Smash Hero

SG what Future said pretty much justifies it. As lil john said "Don't start no **** won't be no ****." Don't trash talk and you won't have to worry about it much. And DM (and NJ in general) are really *****.
Don't trash talk and you won't have to worry about it? What about when holy is playing on this random TV vs Malcom and then Malcoms friends come trashtalking the hell out of holy.

They don't care.

Razer was playing san, and as soon as san got the lead in the last game a crowd showed up and started saying trash like "your going to lose to ike because your bad".

NJ just wants their top player to win, even when it means insulting the hell out of the other person. Now I am not saying this is why I lost to Inui/jerm, I just find it incredibly irrespectful to what length these people will attack the other person just to "cheer" for their friends.

jpak

Smash Lord
I don't know what I am going to do or how I am going to train really atm... Canadian scene is pretty dead -.-
I think a large reason as to why its so dead is the unwillingness of the better players to help out, while in the US you'll have all the great players like atomsk, m2k, and halberd willing to offer advice, at least that's what I gather from shout outs and whatnot. While here in Canada when I ask for advice I get replies like "use more nado," "use more nades," and for asking for banana advice I get "there's no quick thing I can tell you."

I mean I've read all the guides and watched all the videos, but its to the point where I can learn more indirectly, for example from Pierce's commentary on the live stream at Apex. This becomes discouraging as the "noobs" aren't getting any better ,and see no point in attending tourneys.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I think a large reason as to why its so dead is the unwillingness of the better players to help out, while in the US you'll have all the great players like atomsk, m2k, and halberd willing to offer advice, at least that's what I gather from shout outs and whatnot. While here in Canada when I ask for advice I get replies like "use more nado," "use more nades," and for asking for banana advice I get "there's no quick thing I can tell you."

I mean I've read all the guides and watched all the videos, but its to the point where I can learn more indirectly, for example from Pierce's commentary on the live stream at Apex. This becomes discouraging as the "noobs" aren't getting any better ,and see no point in attending tourneys.
You get better from going to tournaments also.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Don't trash talk and you won't have to worry about it? What about when holy is playing on this random TV vs Malcom and then Malcoms friends come trashtalking the hell out of holy.

They don't care.

Razer was playing san, and as soon as san got the lead in the last game a crowd showed up and started saying trash like "your going to lose to ike because your bad".

NJ just wants their top player to win, even when it means insulting the hell out of the other person. Now I am not saying this is why I lost to Inui/jerm, I just find it incredibly irrespectful to what length these people will attack the other person just to "cheer" for their friends.
Yeah EC is dumb with things like that, especially around NJ. I hate travelling there for tournaments(thats one of the main reasons I didn't go to apex) because people are so mean to each other and seem to have lost the meaning of having fun. Most other places aren't like that in my experience.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion

Obviously did NOT read that part at all so I'll Bold and underline it for you.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Yeah. i don't get the smash scene at all. all the other games. people are just going for a team/player. maybe one or two people are trying to put down the others. But really? coming from Halo, spectators actually spectate. or root for someone.
but smash.... it's who can piss the other person off the most will win.
When X was facing m2k in vegas for GF's. X was 2-0'ing m2k. then m2k started telling X that he sucked and getting into his head. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. you don't do this in anyother sport.
Grow some balls smash players. learn to respect others.
I love how everyone keeps techs/skills to themselves. Especially IC's. It takes two to improve. i don't care what you say, but that's how it is. if you find something out. tell someone, then they will have an idea to spark and probably find a better way to apply it.
IDK. smash is becoming more a chore for me than a hobby because of these reasons.
No one is really willing to help.
I live in the state with X and after a full year of basically weekly seeing him. I've only had 1 legit match against his sonic. He's afraid for people to learn the matchup... yet he talks crap on our state. He's to blame because he will go someone else on us so his sonic doesn't have to be learned.
I'm sure there are other players like that out there.

I hope Cheese ***** X at supercon. :3
That kid needs to be put in his spot and not think he's God. baha.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Travv, I feel its more of a chore to get everyone together so we can get stuff done. I've been trying to assemble everyone into the skype chat now so we can discuss there, but still some people just dont wanna stop by or anything. I want to get Lain in the chat, but he wont even get skype. =/ Im going to pester him until he does now.

Also, I think it takes 3 or more to grow. Cause of the Rock Paper Scissors effect, you cause grow from there. If X beat Y, and Y beat Z, but Z beat X, they will all learn whats beating who by the one they beat. So if X wanted to beat Z, he could go to Y and see why Y has no problem with it.

B0NK

Smash Lord
lol @ people complaining about home field advantage. I can see how it can be distracting if your not used to the trash talk but it's going to happen. When OoS come to md/va they just bring there own trash talkers down too.

You know how to shut up trash talker??? Just keep that lead and win, they shut up real fast when the person they're rooting/trash talking for is getting their *** kicked.

It's just something to adjust to, and headphones is a good idea, I've seen plenty of people wear headphones to keep from getting distracted by the crowd.

And is it really just east coast???? I'm pretty sure that home field advantage can come into play anywhere.

the son of mr.kirby

Smash Rookie
Yeah. i don't get the smash scene at all. all the other games. people are just going for a team/player. maybe one or two people are trying to put down the others. But really? coming from Halo, spectators actually spectate. or root for someone.
but smash.... it's who can piss the other person off the most will win.
When X was facing m2k in vegas for GF's. X was 2-0'ing m2k. then m2k started telling X that he sucked and getting into his head. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. you don't do this in anyother sport.
Grow some balls smash players. learn to respect others.
I love how everyone keeps techs/skills to themselves. Especially IC's. It takes two to improve. i don't care what you say, but that's how it is. if you find something out. tell someone, then they will have an idea to spark and probably find a better way to apply it.
IDK. smash is becoming more a chore for me than a hobby because of these reasons.
No one is really willing to help.
I live in the state with X and after a full year of basically weekly seeing him. I've only had 1 legit match against his sonic. He's afraid for people to learn the matchup... yet he talks crap on our state. He's to blame because he will go someone else on us so his sonic doesn't have to be learned.
I'm sure there are other players like that out there.

I hope Cheese ***** X at supercon. :3
That kid needs to be put in his spot and not think he's God. baha.
im going to be mikehazing cheese the entire tourney.

I love how red dog johns as much as every other ic main out there...

they shud change them from iceclimbers to icejohners.

they are highest known cause and source of johns in the united states.

or ice ragers. they have the highest RQ levels aswell.

maybe we should just call them ***s.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Lol @ these random trolling/flame accounts. Someone must be salty. For once Im actually gonna root for Cheese to get these *******s out my boards.

the son of mr.kirby

Smash Rookie
Lol @ these random trolling/flame accounts. Someone must be salty. For once Im actually gonna root for Cheese to get these *******s out my boards.
and yall are jus all sorts salted like pretzels, fries, chips, crackers, and cheese himself cuz you cant beat sawnik.

you are already tryna chain rage.

just for that, i'm not helping you.
its ok, hemad.

Hey, once. The only time probably.
dude, people rooting for cheese is like saying its ok to be gay

even if you do it one time people are still gonna call you a *** for the rest of your life.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
nobody needs to root for cheese... its not a matter of principle, its just why would you root for a person who gets wrecked by 13 year old yoshi scrubs?

Top Bottom