• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Does anyone else find it easier to just not try to grab peach at all? I just hit her with B-air most of the game.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Just a heads up, I might be on a livestream if the tourney I'm at has the internet working.

check here if you want updates

:phone:

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
At BF, my nana was trying to recover.
She got under the ledge, in the corner below me and resynced.
I started jabbing non-stop and she nair'd and was flying below the stage.
Went for like 10 seconds before my brother ran over and hit me out of it.

Is this known/could it be used for edge gaurding/should I post the replay I took

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Blissard, Shuttle loop doesnt have invincibility frames on start up in the air, only from grounded shuttle loop. It just doesn't clash with anything.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Depends how they space it. That trick is completely useless, give up on it.

I won a small tournament today. Results will be up later.

DeLux

At a kid Smoom.

I also won a small local. I had to talk them into a $2 entry because I drove 3 hours to get there.

Not very happy with how I played, but the tripless stuff worked for me for a while so it was a huge step forward in the technical deparment

Smoom77

Smash Master
It took me so long to figure out what "At a kid" meant, hahahahah.

Good job Lux! How many people were there?

DeLux

I think it was 12. Their best player mained Zelda

So I didn't even really bother with my normal gameplan and just DSG and roll read dash grab *****d it out.

Cheese would have been proud

Myollnir

Smash Ace
I'm sure it's already known, but when you're on a platform where you can PC, if you press down before doing a blizzard, both blizzards go in the same direction.

DeLux

I'm going to release some info on platform cancelling at some point that's pretty mind blowing lol :) :) :)

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I'm sure it's already known, but when you're on a platform where you can PC, if you press down before doing a blizzard, both blizzards go in the same direction.
you mean falling through the platform?
Blizzard in air is almost always the same direction with both icies.
That's why I like to SH blizzard by the edge.
Desynched sh blizzard makes a purdy good wall.

[collapse=but why?]This happens because the only way to turn around midair is jumping again, using a recover, or being marth.
So nana staying synched with you in air = she can't turn around.

Blizzarding while off the side is a nono.
It desynchs you slighty, so when you finish the blizzard and hit upB, you hop right beside nana and fall to your death.[/collapse]

Smoom77

Smash Master
No, on a platform like smashville. If you drop down but blizzard immediately, you will stay on the platform but nana and popo will do their blizzard the same way

Yikarur

Smash Master
simple platform cancel mechanique, it's like dropping through a platform and pressing down on the c-stick afterwards but here with special instead of C-Stick down
works on every platform where platform cancel is possible. :D

DeLux

This happens because the only way to turn around midair is jumping again, using a recover, or being marth.
So nana staying synched with you in air = she can't turn around.

Blizzarding while off the side is a nono.
It desynchs you slighty, so when you finish the blizzard and hit upB, you hop right beside nana and fall to your death.
This is wrong.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
lol desync confusions :p wait a second after your blizzard finishes off the side and you'll be able to tether... of course, thats just one thing wrong with your post, but whatever.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Lolk.
You can Tether after blizzy, but you have to fall a bit.
If you go blizzy and imediatly upB, you won't tether, and just fall.
This has happened to me 100% of the time.
But if I air about a second, not sure on any frame data, I can tether to survival!

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
sup guys, here for my bi-yearly checkin lolol.

No, on a platform like smashville. If you drop down but blizzard immediately, you will stay on the platform but nana and popo will do their blizzard the same way
Don't quote me on this, but I am pretty sure this is a property of animations, not a property of platform cancelling. The animation pops you up slightly so if you buffer Blizz out of plat drop you will do an aerial Blizz (hence the double-forward action) that puts you above and makes you immediately land on the platform again. Same reason MK can platform drop into dair without actually landing under the platform. Like I said, don't quote me on this, I will need to double-check it but I am 99% sure this is how it works (I remember doing this on BF platforms). You should be able to do it on any platform.

DeLux

You made the statement that characters can't turn in midair. Literally every character can turn in midair using turn around specials and special reversals. You are wrong.

You said Belay stops working after blizzard because you are slightly desynced.

I have belayed out of charged smashes while desynced. You are wrong.

The sync range is 25 IGUs while belay's range to warp Nana back to you is 70 IGUs. That leaves 45 IGUs where you are desynced but can belay. You are wrong.

Mr. G&W, please stop repeatedly spreading misinformation =/

Nathaniel, it's a property of platform cancelling. You can platform cancel with down specials

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Then explain to me why every stinking time I blizzard in air, I'm still completely on top of, and touching nana, but we don't full recover, there is no tether, we both fall as if seperated.

Only time o recover is if I double jump out of the blizzard, or keep falling for a second.

Go to FD right now, jump off the stage, blizzy, an immediatly use your recovery.

DeLux

It has nothing to do with sync or desync mechanics. Blizzard, IB, Belay, Squall, Shield drop, hitlag, and ledge options can't be interupted by belay.

I would also theory craft grabs, throws, and taunts also can't be interupted, buut haven't confirmed that with certainty

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
That was just my theory, which I thought I stated, but apparantly not.

Where am I gonna get all of this information.
There's not a thread for "every little mechanic of IC's ever discussed at all."

DeLux

You could ask how things work instead of telling people how things work until you put in the research.

Even now I STILL ask other ICs more questions than anyone else despite how much I know about mechanics

Top Bottom