• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
God, the Hylian desync feels so good when I pull it off.

Why didn't I learn this earlier?

Also is there a thread that still has all the Lux Desync info? The one in the forum directory doesn't have anything anymore.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
On a related note, is there any reason not to use the Hylian as my primary desync?

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
On a related note, is there any reason not to use the Hylian as my primary desync?
Other than it being a one frame desynch, aka precise to the point? No, not really.

The reason you don't see people doing it or RID as often is just the fact that its so precise.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Now I'm confused :s
How is that awesome pic related to my post?
I suppose now would be an appropriate time to tell the short tale of the Curse of the IC Board.

*Preemptive TL;DR: Every attempt the IC board has made in sparking any sort of sustained activity has ended in failure and the board remaining as desolate as it always has, if not more.

Side note: This story really only has namesay value. True comedic and historic value can only be obtained if you peruse the progression the IC board since it's origins. Happy reading if you actually care to put yourself through all that. Consider this extremely short story a summary without it.

2008 Prologue: So our tale begins much before my sister and I ever made an account on SWF. Ice Climbers had a prosperous board, full of info finding and continuous innovation on the boon that was chaingrabbing and desyncing, and general abuse of the IC moveset in conjunction with said things. Of course, the IC boon was just like an oil boon in Midland/Odessa area. Didn't last and activity fell into a slump. Soon the IC board fell into an icy sepulcher of inactivity, worsened by a general irritability to new players (not saying any names >_>).

2009 Chapter 1: What I can actually recall
MARCH 14, 2009: My sister and I agree to share an account on this place known as SWF. She was interested in the ICs, but I was no such fan (I liked Marth, come at me.) Some uneventful months pass.

Summer 2009: I notice this sister of mine is on the computer a lot more, playin' a lot more of the game on the weekends. I thought it was just because she knew her time here in Midland was limited but the IC boards were attempting to come alive. Revamping guides, starting a new stage discussion thread and MU thread. Then the truth came up... something like this before summer of 09 had been attempted before and had failed (twas shortly after the first drop off from the original boon of IC activity) and other smaller scale attempts had tried and failed to bring this board from its cold slumber. The stage discussion thread was appropriately named "Curse of the IC board". This thread, and the other threads part of the revival were doing well for the first two weeks..... then the curse happened again.

The stage discussion was first to go... the MU thread lasted another week and a half and soon... it fell to the same fate. The general cloud of irritability fell over once again, scaring off new players that happened to say the wrong thing.... The Curse of the IC Board had struck once again....

Late 09/Early 2010: Noted by general lack of activity. The accomplishments of many top climbers brought new players in, only to be shoo'd away by the cold malice of restless souls, full of information, but now not willing to share it, for fear of their information just being left to a day of speculation and discarded like the next passing fad. The best stayed the best and the others stagnant... It seemed like this is what the IC Board would be fated to.

Next in the Series: The Story of Lux: Light on the Mountain of Black Ice.

Edit: No significant mention of any person or persons were used in the production of this unexciting historical story. How ironically... not fitting to a historical archetype.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
^^^^ LMAO WTF? I learned how to suck with ICs in mid 2011 and got a lot of my info from these boards. No curse has stopped me from continuing to suck with ICs. :p

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Cause it's really hard and not as reliable as other desynchs lol. You're not always going to want to desynch with RID as well.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
That would explain why I can only get it like 50% of the time, lol.
If I really think about making the inputs I can get it really consistently but it takes me about a second to stop and think and doing that a ton in one match would start to tire me out mentally.

And for some reason I can only do it out of a walk in one direction. >_>

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Sup. It sucks to get hit at 30%, separated and then die, almost every stock. Oh well that's the life of an IC player.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Sup. It sucks to get hit at 30%, separated and then die, almost every stock. Oh well that's the life of an IC player.
Don't get hit, l2DI with Nana, get hit on purpose if you know Nana will.

tl;dr suck less

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I've been using this character for years and I still get hit by random ****. It's as if IC don't even have a shield. Everything goes throught and is free. They can't do anything OoS unless the opponent seriously ****s up. Oh ffs.

An odd request which I doubt will get answered, but...

Would anyone like to hit me up on private message to discuss the Falco vs IC match-up? More preferred would be to follow-up with some wifi practice as annoying as it is. I want to learn the match-up from the falco end as hopeless as a situation I think it is.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I'd try to help, but I'm honestly possible the worst IC at the Falco matchup. Spacies boggle my brain and I have no idea how to fight them.

I've been told by a bunch of people from KS watching me try to fight falco is the most hilarious thing ever
Post a question in the MU Q&A?

I felt like posting there, but I thought this was more a request rather than a question to be answered. If you'd be willing to play wifi, that would be good enough. Solid experience and testing out ideas and working up a mentality is way more useful than the theory.

DeLux

I have work at 9am today, so I gotta go to bed. SKype me at some other point and I'll do what I can?

I don't think you understand how bad I am at the Falco MU lol

DeLux

I am probably dropping ICs against every spacy character after last weekend lol

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I randomly loose the ability to drop cgs on certain characters at random times. IDK why it happens. 1 week I can cg someone then the next I can't do et.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
whats this I hear from everybody saying that "u shouldn't rely on just the grab"? "U need ur own playstyle". Its not just 1 person telling me this.

I mean as ICs, I go for the grab a lot and I do things to get the grab but isn't that how u play gayICs?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
This is exactly my problem. I am actively looking for the grabs whatever I do. This makes me easy to bait and I get Fsmashes a lot and die. >_>
Must not get too greedy...

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
No I win matches because I'm grab hungry and people tell me that I shouldn't be doing that even tho its working. Thats what I don't understand.

Top Bottom