• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So...I have some Fox videos

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
You can UThrow Uair him, you're already better than me at the matchup :(
But if you go Fox, who will beat HBox with Falco!!!

1:07 in game 2 I thought you could've shortened the illusion to get to the edge, because I love shortening illusions and don't think Foxes do it enough
DI away/neutral from Bairs?
DI down + away from rests if you have no chance to survive
Have you ever considered UTilt as a KO move? I love it, but I have no idea if it's good vs really patient Jiggs because the Jiggs I play gets impatient and kinda runs into them :bee: they seem pretty safe though ...

You've probably thought of most of these already but what else can I say haha
If you can beat the box you can probably beat all the other Jiggs too :bee:

JPOBS

Smash Hero
FL is so pro at LRAstart
i lol'd in the first match when he rested you then quit cuz you were jus gonna come back and upsmash kill lol
will edit with possible critique after i;ve watched em all

edit:
I wish your Falco wasn't so **** so I could say main Fox! I'm really not qualified to critique but I definitely feel like you're one of the best against Puff.

In game 4 at around 2:06 how'd you get out of the jab reset? Did you buffer a roll there?
he was at 100% when the jab hit. so yes, simply holding the stick in any direction would have rolled out of the reset. this doesnt work until very high percents though cuz jiggs' jab is incredibly weak, so below like, 80% it wouldnt have worked.

Jimbo Slice

Smash Journeyman
I wish your Falco wasn't so **** so I could say main Fox! I'm really not qualified to critique but I definitely feel like you're one of the best against Puff.

In game 4 at around 2:06 how'd you get out of the jab reset? Did you buffer a roll there?

Mahone

Smash Champion
1:07 in game 2 I thought you could've shortened the illusion to get to the edge, because I love shortening illusions and don't think Foxes do it enough

Have you ever considered UTilt as a KO move? I love it, but I have no idea if it's good vs really patient Jiggs because the Jiggs I play gets impatient and kinda runs into them :bee: they seem pretty safe though ...
Ya these to are really important. I'm not sure why foxes
dont shorten against hbox even though when colbol did it
it helped him alot.

Utilt is a good kill move at high percents and ya jiggs can runs
into them and they are pretty safe. Falling upair to uptilt is good,
you should try that more instead of always falling with a nair.
I also think its funny when foxes (thinking of dashizwiz vs hbox)
falling upair to bait grab then jump and do a falling upair othe the
wiffed grab.

You upthrew at high percents a few times in the eariler games. It's not
gonna combo at that point so downthrow and then trying to predict is
much better.

When jiggs misses a rest at high percents like 100 on stadium, dont upsmash,
laser to uptilt or waveshine around to upsmash. You gain a psychological edge
(ya i no it was friendlies).

When hbox missed some pounds close to you, you naired i think, but you had time
to do a quick running upsmash.

Hbox usually got those **** upair combos because you got too predictable
with your jumps on platforms. Instead of acting right away after you tech on a
platform you should either wait in sheild for his upair or drop through the platform
with a bair instead of jumping.

When you got hit with bairs over and over again when you were approaching it was
because you got to predictable with jumping in with a nair.

I know its friendlies but in a real game if u do a **** combo on him and hes in the air
retreat with lasers and reset the position. When he gets to like 40-60 percent
(depending on the stage), you should run away and laser until hes in killing percents,
60-80 (again depending on stage... and i no the numbers arent exact, some fox main can
post that). That way you have the option of upsmash or upthrow upair and the jiggs is
under alot of pressure, and if its last stock you can almost guarantee they will go for a grab so you can try to bait it and then punish.

Ya, thats it, i think you are one of the 4 foxes
(not gonna name so please no debate/arguement)
that plays this matchup right,
so im sure ull be able to win next time.

And btw, i am that jiggs that played friendlies with you at herb 3 that you
shined of the top twice in like 5 seconds, so just in case i sounded condescending
or something just no im not.

cjugs

Smash Ace
Dr peepee i hate to be the one to tell you this but you may be passed the level of criticism. Anyway i would like to say i rather enjoyed these matches knocking jiggs off stage and hitting her with 5 or 6 lasers is awfully cool more of that shooting lasers Dr pew pew. 12:11 slap happy i'm on summer break ill probably regret these comments later once i reveal how odd i am.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
****, everyone should be taking notes off this. Apart from Colbol and Mango, I think you're the only Fox that knows how to play Puff properly.

The only broad critique I can make is that you occasionally forget yourself and go a bit auto rambo, which you obviously can't ever do against a high end Puff, but it's infrequent enough that it's like, once every couple matches. Just bear in mind at all times the staples you execute well otherwise i.e. keeping center stage, nothing too risky near the Puff like a grab or smash unless you're sure it's worth it etc.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
You were already my favourite Falco... but now you're probably my second fave fox!
Good s**t.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Dr. Urine!

If you can prove to me that you still care about this thread, I'll definitely lend a few words. Post or something so people who critique know their time won't have been wasted.

Yeah I'll hop aboard the train. You're probably my favourite Falco right now. Who beats Jiggs with the blue pidgeon. WHO1?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I was just waiting to respond to some criticism haha.

@Blistering: Yeah you're definitely right about me going auto some. I tried to hold it in check though.

@RaynEX: Posting. =)

Thanks for the Falco support guys. It really means a lot. I couldn't quite keep my rep up last weekend, but I promise to bring it back if you'll all bare with me.

By-Tor

Smash Cadet
I look up to your space animals so I feel weird critiquing but all I can contribute is that in your second match you seem to miss the grabs a lot like at 0:58. Liked your comboing, very enjoyable match

PB&J

Smash Hero
im good in this match up too..u play puff one of the styles that is good against her, im just tired of people saying there is only one way to play puff, but besides my rubbish..good stuff ..keep it up

Brookman

Smash Hero
your speed is mighty impressive there, doc.

I absolutely love g4 @ 2:26. You punish with grab and I can tell you immediately hated yourself

I see that you are very comfortable with turning speed

Velox

Smash Ace
Yeah, that match up really looks like it's in fox's favor ::rolls eyes::

That's one of the best foxes I've ever seen.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
oh my bajeesus drpeepee. if i were a girl i would want ur ****

uhhh the best advice i would like to give is that i think you fight too "normally" at percents upward of 60%. i kind of hate to say anything because i feel like it worked out for you well enough in these matches, but eh, food for thought - i think it's preferable to stop doing things like bairs and lasers at that % and just start dashdancing around fishing for grabs and stuff. fox is pretty tough to catch when he's just running around and jumping on platforms, and once you get a grab you can just uthrow uair. ummm if you watch the matches with mango's fox playing seriously vs. hbox puff that's all he does at that percent :D starts dashdancing and fishing for uthrow uairs.

if puff gets built up to 80-90% for whatever reason, you go back to fighting normally i guess, and just aim to eventually kill with a bair or something

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Oh, if there's a demand for my Fox, then I can get some more recorded either tomorrow-ish or when Jesiah comes and some of GA stays at my house next weekend. =)

mers

Smash Ace
Your Fox handles Hbox much differently than Mango's does, it's interesting. Just watching the difference in the way you guys move was really educational. Mango essentially plays out of his shield, and you barely even use yours. You seemed to just run around at will, without ever falling into his traps.

No critique, just think it's interesting.

Top Bottom