• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I heard you liek mudkipz (a guide to not suck)

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
IDK how Brawl works, but I learned everything I know in Melee from 2 years of comps and vids. I seem to do fairly well at smashfests >_>. I doubt that I could learn much from Brawl comps, because they play too differently than a real person would.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Now you're probably at the point where you can probably start playing the game competitively. You've reached the step where you're a scrub. This is not a bad thing, it's a good thing. You're moving in the right direction. From here on out, to get better, you will have to attend many tournaments and smashfests. You'll have to play as many people as you can, the better the people, the better. Get an idea of who regularly places at local tourneys and make a point to play them every time you can. Be sure you're always focusing on how better people are processing situations and how they're coming up with strategies as they go.
You're using the word "scrub" wrong in this statement. A scrub, according to Sirlin's definition of it (which is what I assume most people use for the definition, since this is a competitive game after all), has a very bad connotation and people might interpret this wrong. Just use the word "newb" here, people would understand them better.

Newb- someone who doesn't know the best strategies to win because of inexperience at playing at a high level.

Scrub- someone who does know the best strategies to win, but refuses to do them because of a mentally-established ruleset that does nothing but hold the player back.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Nice Bump, Neo X.

Still good information, though.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I'm between 1 and 2. Got all the info to go to a tourny just can't get there or cbf lol.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
You're using the word "scrub" wrong in this statement. A scrub, according to Sirlin's definition of it (which is what I assume most people use for the definition, since this is a competitive game after all), has a very bad connotation and people might interpret this wrong. Just use the word "newb" here, people would understand them better.

Newb- someone who doesn't know the best strategies to win because of inexperience at playing at a high level.

Scrub- someone who does know the best strategies to win, but refuses to do them because of a mentally-established ruleset that does nothing but hold the player back.
well, a noob is someone new to playing. A scrub is typically someone not new to playing. I'm referring to someone not new to playing, but instead, unknowingly is holding themselves back. Scrubs are people who (in the benefit of the doubt sort of way) are trying to get better, but aren't thinking in the right way.

Top Bottom