• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I tried Peach again.

B33b3

Smash Rookie
And I really really like Peach now. A lot of my issues I think stemmed from trying to play Peach like Melee Peach, which didn't work out well (RIP Turnip spam T_T). She's much more of a movement combo'er in this one as opposed to range pressure into high priority attacks (RIP OP Dsmash). Her air game is still crazy strong though, might be better in this game honestly. I looked into some of the advanced techniques of Peach, and it pretty much instantly improved my peach game by a lot. But I checked out the combo tutorial video and had a hard time keeping up with a lot of it, let alone practicing it. So any tips for starting to practice and learn combos?

♥ Rd0Lg ♥

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rider0fLightning
3DS FC
0989-1743-4601
I like to set the ZL/L trigger to jump. It makes it easier to float cancel nAirs for me. But to practice combos, it's really just learn the tech, then apply it to your play, just like any other Smash game. Watching competitive matches, especially Slayerz, is a good way to pick up on things.

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
There are actually a lot of basic combos/followups with Peach. Did you watch ALL EOE's (from youtube) combo videos yet? I learned a lot of them. Most Peach players actually use this kind of combos
-D-Throw>B-Air
-D-Throw>U-Special (I like using this, but not a lot of Peach players use it)

Also try using Turnips as a starter for each combos. Just throw turnips up in the air and try to grab your opponent and D-Throw>B-Air him/her to the turnip and it has a lot of damage. People tend to air dodge after a throw so you can Also D-throw twice or more if they keep on air dodging after your throw. If you feel like they're not gonna air dodge from D-Throw anymore, just go to B-Air or U-Special.

The N-Air lock is also handy for building up damage. From-0% to 70%.

You can also just make up your own combos, but also just like what Rd0Lg said.
it's really just learn the tech, then apply it to your play

Last edited:
Top Bottom