• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, I was just robbed about $1600...

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
That sucks so terribly, I once lost all of my PSP games (around 23 to 25) when I left my game bad on a chair at an anime convention to get food and came back 2 minutes later. Only tipoff I got was that he was dressed like Inuyasha, AKA no ****ing help at a con. I spent that whole weekend looking around for inuyasha cosplayers and my bag in a nervous panic.

Hydro_Smasher

Smash Journeyman
I'm really sorry man, I hope that you get your stuff back, I love my ds.

@Pogogo I feel more dedicated to games if I ACTUALLY PAY FOR THEM.

Purple

Hi guys!
Well see, that was definitely a theft since you were still on the premises and also WHY THE **** WOULD YOU BRING THAT MANY GAMES WITH YOU?!
Does it matter? Just to feed the certain urge to play a certain game. Do people just play devil's advocate on the wrong subjects on purpose?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
no, no defending that roxy. There's no good reason to bring that many games with you. Smash tournaments are notorious for **** getting lost or stolen, and for god's sake there's no way you'll ever play even a tenth of those games while you're there. It's a super super bad idea.

Purple

Hi guys!
The point isn't exactly if he'd play every single one, the point was more if he would be prepared if he wanted to play a certain one.

From my point of view, Poltergust was going out to have a good time; what he did was perfectly fine. Can't really enjoy yourself if you're constantly worrying about the worst case scenario and how to prepare for it. Sure, he could've just not brought anything with him; he would've been in the best case scenario and not lost any of his product, but what's the point of even buying the games if you won't play them while you're out somewhere, where it's portability is actually useful?

Hell, while we're at it, we can tell him he shouldn't have gone to pound V in the first place; statistically him winning a major so suddenly is unlikely, so why go to a tournament just to waste money? All of us make decisions less based towards logic and best case scenarios, and more towards having a good time and enjoying ones self. As far as best case scenarios go, he chose the wrong case, however in the case of him trying to have a good time, and enjoy himself as much as possible, he made the best one; sucks that he happened to take in a stroke of horrible luck along with it.

REL38

Smash Lord
He decided to keep all his eggs in one basket
Along with the chicken

I've went to Guatemala for over a month a few times over the years and never decided to take my whole DS game collection

Made due with 2 and a gba game
With considerable more downtime than a weekend tournament

I can see how people disregard caution for enjoyability
But taking 30+ games for a weekend seems silly

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I heard from someone on the security team at CapMetro (the bus company) the other day. He said there may have been a camera installed on the bus and will contact me by Thursday to tell me his results. Let's hope it turns out well...
Find him, and beat the sh** out of him take your games back!

Top Bottom