• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, I'm gonna buy a usb thing for my wii

bceagles

Smash Cadet
I really can't find one anywhere! All I see is "Wifi Adaptor! ***Not for Wii***" , ds wifi adaptor ***does not plug into wii***, etc. Does anyone know where I can find one? Also, is it possible to have a usb that also connects to DS? Finally, and I'm kinda embarassed to ask, but, how do you use it, lol...:embarrass? Thanks!
PS: If you can find one i hope its under $31! lol, I don't really feel like spending over 32....

FredTHAreD

Smash Cadet
The Nintendo Wifi USB Connectors have been discontinued due to design flaws, but I managed to find one at Wall-Mart for around 36 bucks. I believe you might still be able to find them at Best Buy as well, but I'm unsure. Really, if you have an ISP like AOL, dont even bother to get one, as its not fully functional with AOL. I'd recommend getting a Wireless Router, if you could. This comming from someone who uses the USB connector.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
You could probably find some cheap wireless routers on newegg.com . Type "wireless router".

Also make sure you check the nintendo site for which wireless routers work well with the Wii and which ones that do not seem to work at all.

Look up the router you are planning to buy on that site, if it says something like "From our experience, this router seems to be incompatible with the Wii" then that router probably doesn't work with the Wii.

bceagles

Smash Cadet
this lan adapter- isn't it only for routers that are close to your wii? My computer is down the stairs, thru the kitchen, and down the yellow brick road away from my wii. Would it still work? If not, i see a couple of usb's for wii on ebay for like $6.

Also, the 2 of my routers (linksys and netgear) were on that nintendo page mentioned above. Is that bad? I mean, i get 1 bar of service, so I guess my bad connection is because of the distance between the wii and router....i hope.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
The Nintendo Wifi USB Connectors have been discontinued due to design flaws, but I managed to find one at Wall-Mart for around 36 bucks. I believe you might still be able to find them at Best Buy as well, but I'm unsure. Really, if you have an ISP like AOL, dont even bother to get one, as its not fully functional with AOL. I'd recommend getting a Wireless Router, if you could. This comming from someone who uses the USB connector.

What design flaw? I'm curious >.>

Anyway, I bought mine at a local Gamestop about a month ago. They were right up there with the controllers and memory cards.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
this lan adapter- isn't it only for routers that are close to your wii? My computer is down the stairs, thru the kitchen, and down the yellow brick road away from my wii. Would it still work? If not, i see a couple of usb's for wii on ebay for like $6.

Also, the 2 of my routers (linksys and netgear) were on that nintendo page mentioned above. Is that bad? I mean, i get 1 bar of service, so I guess my bad connection is because of the distance between the wii and router....i hope.
The lan adapter allows you to connect a "wired" ethernet plug to your Wii, it's not wireless.

About your router, it depends what they say about the Router specific router. Make sure you look up the model number/name of router and look it up on the Nintendo site.

You can figure out the exact model of your router by looking at the box or looking on the router(if it has it).

Top Bottom