• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Me and My Family Watched Twilight Today

Gender Offender

Smash Cadet
Hearts o all da lil chilun who believe Santa Claus
Link to original post: [drupal=2988]So Me and My Family Watched Twilight Today[/drupal]

We went to my aunt's house after Church
And an hour into the visit my uncle turned on Twilight. Now at this time I did not have my phone with me and I was in a pretty bad mood so this visit could only go down hill.
My uncle is apparently hooked on a Twilight craze right now.
Don't ask me about that one because I don't know how that came about.
I, myself, am not a big fan of the books but I can bear with the movie for I am an easily entertained kind of gal.
So I sat in my aunt's wheel chair and rolled around the room while the rest of my family was asking my uncles questions on why the vampires sparkled and who was a vampire and who wasn't and they were trying to make vampire I vant to drink your blood sayings and what not.
I must say that it was the most mind numbing experience ever to sit with these people asking questions about a movie I don't even like that much and having me, my sister, and my uncle explain to them what was going on every five seconds.
My sister had read the first book a few years back but didn't like it and when my one aunt heard that she hadn't seen it before she acted like she knew what she was talking about and explained what she thought was the whole plot to us during the movie.
And when you tell them to just be quiet and watch the movie they go on and say your uncle doesn't mind answering all our questions. On top of all this my uncle has seen this movie enough to know the lines and say it before they're said.

On the bright side I learned how to spin in circles on a wheel chair.

sammy p

Smash Lord
hahahahah! i know what your going through! we obvously have the same family.cept MY mom and Cousing are the super freaks about it.... they keep arguing between team edward and Team Jacob... SHOOT ME!

but really good read. i have A.D.D really bad so i would be doing the same thing as you, which makes the story even funnier! :laugh:

Gender Offender

Smash Cadet
Hearts o all da lil chilun who believe Santa Claus
hahahahah! i know what your going through! we obvously have the same family.cept MY mom and Cousing are the super freaks about it.... they keep arguing between team edward and Team Jacob... SHOOT ME!

but really good read. i have A.D.D really bad so i would be doing the same thing as you, which makes the story even funnier! :laugh:

My uncle is the only one who gets the plot
And my aunts and mom were like well how do we know
That they're werewolves...
They don't know any characters which make it worse

But wheelchairs are the bomb.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
It was like a trainwreck. I couldnt look away.
Though, because we stayed, we got fed delicious food.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
So your uncle likes nerd pr0n, too? Twilight's target audience is definitely tweenies but for some reason older folks seem to also find it fascinating. Poor dialogue, bad acting, ****ty makeup and effects, a pedantic sound track... what's to hate?

I remember I watched Interview With the Vampire w/my grandaunt and she actually made me stop it half way through, right around where young Kirsten Dunst shows up. After taking it out the VCR she decided instead of throwing it away she'd let me have it since I was obviously enjoying it so much more than she. Then she gave a cursory view of her other tapes and handed me Bull Durham (still haven't seen it).

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
People in my family know better than to even mention Twilight around me, much less make me watch the movie without RiffTrax.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Me and my friends get no respect.
What does Scooby-Doo that we neglect?
We be puttin' all our foes in check,
but me and my friends get no respect.
So what?
Who cares?
We're doin' it how we like.
I'm singin' into my mic, a special underwater mic.
Who's gonna save the world?
Who's gonna save the days?
From Ahab, crabs who steal and eerie eels with evil rays?
Who's gonna talk like Curly, since Curly isn't here?
Who's gonna chase down villains and then turn around and run in fear?
You know who I'm talkin' about, he's fat and short on brains and I do not mean Captain Caveman, I mean Jabberjaw.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
You couldn't have watched Twilight; your brain hasn't exploded yet.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
At first, Twilight was just something to laugh about, along with everyone else who was still normal and had a grip of themselves. Then I tried to get into the minds of the fans, trying to see what could be done to get them out of it. I'm pretty much certain I found the answer.

But at too great a cost.

Now I just want to cry whenever I think about people supporting such an unethical piece of rubbish. I'm almost after forgetting that murder is wrong, never mind remembering what the answer I was looking for in the first place was.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I had the same experience with my older relatives but for Finding Nemo. I can only defend them for being confused by a Pixar movie by stating that English is not their first language.

There was exactly one good thing about the first Twilight movie: Vampire Baseball ft. Muse.
I have heard that New Moon does not feature moar Vampire Baseball, therefore I have no reason to watch it.

Top Bottom