• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So now that you have Brawl, how do you feel about it?

Mr. Pants

Smash Apprentice
this game is incredible. i've been over at my friend's place every day since he got it sunday. i just can't get enough! i started playing with the gamecube controller after i killed myself at least once every match with the wii controls, but i sat down with it for a while one day and now it's fine. we played melee a lot but he isn't as into brawl as i am. i think it's taking everyone a little getting used to. the only thing that bugs me is three landmaster final smashes... oh and having sonic is so cool

Frey

Smash Journeyman
Well I was dissapointed in sse and its random as hell storyline and mediocre platforming, but once i cracked online I forgave nintendo of it, and love brawl.

mitsukeru

Smash Rookie
It's a little slow compared to Melee.
They could have added a little more stages.
They could have improved more features and options on wifi.
Falco sucks now.
Ness got a lot better!

Overall, instant favorite games.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
i got it at midnight and i played and accidently stayed up all night without eating yeah it's good it's **** good

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Why is it bad it feels like it's for GC?

Wii is a console that is meant to please all audiences. Just because the motion controls are there doesn't mean they must be used so much. Smash Bros is arguably a hardcore game. It's a fan project. The casual gamers have their games, this is the hardcore gamers' game. You can play with the Wiimote or Nunchuck, but if you end up with the GC controller it's obvious how you feel about gaming.

Basically, you don't need a 360 to play games the classic way. While Wii has new type games, it has th old type games we love most aswell.

I don't have Brawl, but I've played it, and will be getting it soon. I love it. :D

Fox_Makenshi

Smash Rookie
I personally love it. Contrary to popular opinion I loved SSE, it actually had a story! Sure it's repetitive and different but it's very much like some of the older Kirby games but with different characters. The cutscenes are amazing too and I was really surprised by the plot twist near the end. Plus if you're a perfectionist SSE will keep you busy for a LONG time.

As much as I thought it was dumb to have Fox, Falco AND Wolf I have found out, thankfully, that they are all different in their own ways. Sure their B-moves are SIMILAR but they're all different, and their A moves are fairly different as well. I'm glad they're not exact clones like some of the characters from SSBM.

As far as replay value goes whoever said there wasn't much obviously never saw the Challenges. Some of the ones I'm going to be working on for a while are beating Classic, All Star and 100-man brawl with all characters.

The stage builder is a cool idea but I felt very limited while creating my two stages (I unlocked all the extra parts). I wanted to have the same amount of stage building capabilities that went into all the other stages but oh well it's a pretty cool feature and I'm glad it's in there.

So all in all it's definitely the best game out for the Wii right now and I'm not disappointed at all with it. Let those who hate it hate it, they don't know what they're missing out on. I'm confident that Brawl will be more competitive AND fun than SSBM ever was.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

ObeseNightmare

Smash Cadet
I'm feeling as if I don't have a wii to play it on. (Why are they still hard to find?)

Anyways, since I played it (at a friends house and at a few other places) every other game I've played since has felt like it is 10x worse than it actually is.

Top Bottom