• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So people really won't buy this game if Chorus Men are confirmed?

xxMiles

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why one character being in would affect a choice to buy a game, nor do I see what's so bad about the Chorus Men.

I mean, everyone hated the idea of the Miis being in, and boom, they were in. And then they were made unique and kinda cool.

Then Pac-Man came and was done justice.

Sakurai, pls. Pls confirm the Chorus Men!

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I don't think anyone would not buy the game for one character, they just say that because they are mad about that certain character's inclusion. But when the midnight release rolls around, you'll be sure to see that person in line for the game.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Oh those people are going to buy the game, alright. Just so they can have those characters as their personal punching bags.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I agree that people just say that about characters. I'm not excited about but I'm sure that comes from not playing their games. Besides, if I end up not liking a character, I only have to play them for a few Event Matches and to get a few trophies and then I'm done with them if I want to.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
There was a few people i talked to the other day who said they wouldn't buy the game because of Mii/Pac-Man. They said they couldn't wait the next day.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I'd buy the game regardless of who's in, but if chorus men are confirmed while Ashley is reduced to an assist, then I'll develop some serious faith issues with Nintendo.

Last edited:

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I love the series, and I'm sure it'll be fun regardless. So I will buy the game no matter what. But Chorus Men will really strike a chord (no pun intended) with me if any of the Big 3 are left off.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I think he'll be in the game since the leak is so credible now.

But to answer: NO.

I said so much time that I do not play ONLY for the characters. I consider every game of the series to be a masterpiece of the masterpieces because of how it's the universal point between every franchise from Nintendo that made the industry so diverse as today. The whole game is the masterpiece because of how every contents in the game are reference from other masterpieces. Just watch the series "history nehind ssbm/ssbb" on youtube to understand what I'm talking about. It's so detailed and well tough that ssbm is the game that taught me how to love video games and that wasn't just for the characters (not even the gameplay) but it was how thoughtful this game was.

For example, Smash run = insta awesome for me. Not only city trial is so fun and addicting but now, I got enemies that behave like their own game and were taught to reflect their behaviour perfectly. Just this mode worth the 40$ for me.

In fact, I'm very curious how he (or they?) would work out. I was sceptical on the mii but Sakurai cleared my worries... again. So, let's wait what it is exactly before saying "Wasted slot!!! This game suck and I won't buy it!!!".

(note: I don't believe wft was wasted and I liked her).

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
I think mostly people just don't like the idea of chorus men because the rest of the leak seems to imply that there won't be any newcomers after the rest of these ones are revealed.

So people are afraid for Ridley, Mewtwo, (mostly those two by my estimation) and other potential additions to the roster.

I don't think TOO many people are opposed to them as characters in their own right, They would just rather see other newcomers

mikanbouya

Smash Apprentice
haha people folding their arms saying they wont buy the game as if their opinions matter to the people who are buying it

I like what ive seen, im buying the game, im gonna be having a good time, and whoever isnt the buying the game isnt really my concern. your loss

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Not buying a game because of a certain character inclusion is pretty ridiculous. No one's forcing you (general) to use the character, unless you have to for unlocking purposes :troll:

Morbi

Scavenger
Sure; some people would obviously avoid the game like the plague if there were too many unfavorable things about it. It depends on the individual. However, no rational person would opt out of the game based on one character unless their was some absolute, unadulterated disdain pertaining to that character.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
No? I have nothing against Chorus Kid. The only newcomer bothering me is Chrom, because he is extremely bland and generic.

The lack of a newcomer could make me rethink on buying the game, though.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I dislike the addition of a playable Rhythm Heaven character, but that doesn't mean the game is dead to me. I'm more annoyed over the fact that we have yet to see any villain newcomers, and most of those revealed were unexpected to the fanbase. But if the Chorus Men can be made to be really fun to play as, like Sakurai did with Pac-Man, then I won't have any complaints.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
You know who I didn't like in Brawl? Snake. Didn't care for him. I was never a metal gear fan. I wasn't really excited for him. I've only ever played him once in game. But I still bought Brawl. I just chose not to use the few characters out of the 35 available that I didn't like. One character shouldn't ruin a game. Anyone who says otherwise really needs to think about their priorities.

Sasquatch180

Smash Rookie
I agree with the others, they're really just mad/disappointed and will still buy the game regardless if Chorus Men are in or not.

I can't say I blame them for being disappointed though. Don't get me wrong I'm (mostly) fine with Chorus Men being in, but it just seems a bit odd to have them included in compared to more recently relevant characters.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
[Shrugs] For the most part, I do not know squat about Rhythm Heaven, so I cannot really say anything. Though, I do have the impression that it is a fairly popular series.

Personally, even if mine most wanted characters do not make it in, I will still buy the game, as there are already quite a few characters I find interesting anyway. Plus...it's Smash Bros. As long as they bring something unique and interesting to the table, I am fine with any newcomer. If said newcomer was just a clone, then maybe I could understand people complaining, but otherwise...[Shrugs]

Wander

Smash Journeyman
I'd still buy the game of course, but it would definitely be disappointing to see another (relatively) obscure character added before adding someone more well-known.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
If you don't like a character in the roster, play against that character with a character you like.

Problem solved.

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
No Jigglypuff, no sale.

...jk. I'd be pretty sad, though.

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
I think mostly people just don't like the idea of chorus men because the rest of the leak seems to imply that there won't be any newcomers after the rest of these ones are revealed.

So people are afraid for Ridley, Mewtwo, (mostly those two by my estimation) and other potential additions to the roster.

I don't think TOO many people are opposed to them as characters in their own right, They would just rather see other newcomers
Ridley an Mewtwo? At this rate I'm more worried about Cfalco and Ness than those guys...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's the same people that wouldn't buy the game because wii fit trainer was announced

ryuu seika

Smash Master
If the chorus men were that bad I'd know who they were.
As for the characters people have used as examples of how Nintendo made disliked characters work:

I supported Miis as an idea from the beginning but I am really disappointed by their moveset. Every other character has moves from their games and the Miis have a wider and wackier of games to draw from. Where's the sword? The bowling ball? The boxing glove? The fishing rod? The UFO abduction?

And Pacman? Really?
Lets ignore the fact that I absolutely abhor his limbed form for a second and look at the moves. He spawns 2d, pixelated items. Cool, they fit perfectly with his history, what could possibly be wrong with that? Well, maybe the fact that his entire moveset is in a completely different graphical style from the character. The discrepancy makes his items look like badly made paper cut outs acting as a placeholder for moves that couldn't be bothered to show up. Does that seem like good design to you?

Oh and his stage is an assault upon the eyes.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well, it didn't take a genius to figure out Chorus Men would be this game's R.O.B. Not in the sense of his inclusion, but the fan reactions. I'm just waiting for someone to blame Ridley or K. Rool's exclusion on them so that we've come full circle.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
I won't buy the game if Mario gets confirmed.

Seriously though, not a single person has said they won't buy the game if Chorus Men are in. Like, this thread is 100% unanimous.

Also, this game has playable Hitler through Mii Fighters. At this point, why does anyone give a crap about Chorus Men when everyone can play as a Mii version of Goku, Sephiroth, or their own mother?

Come to think of it, you could probably make Chorus Men Miis in like 10 seconds. Chorus Men confirmed.

Last edited:

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind the chorus men. What I do kind of mind is them taking a spot when other better characters can take a spot.

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
If someone is really that passionate about the game that they'd say they won't buy it because of one character, then clearly they have too much passion for the game to not buy it.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'd buy the game regardless of who's in, but if chorus men are confirmed while Ashley is reduced to an assist, then I'll develop some serious faith issues with Nintendo.
If we're going to get any WarioWare newcomer, it should be Mona, she's the closest thing to a co-protagonist Wario has.

Top Bottom