• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So....? The Final Question...Who will you main?

Zevox

Smash Lord
My top candidates are Pit, Sonic, Marth, and R.O.B. (yes, I'm serious - I'm very interested to see how the little guy plays). Theres always the possibility that may change when I actually play the game, though - I mained Captain Falcon in the original, and pretty much completely switched away from him in Melee to a character I never expected to play, Marth, so perhaps that will happen again.

Zevox

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
WOLF.

either wolf, because he's my favorite character on the roster, or lucario, because i mained mewtwo in the last game. so one of the two

TheEternalGamer

Smash Rookie
I will main Marth & Link. In Melee, I am pretty much unbeatable with them.

But I am very anxious to try out Ike & Snake.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Main projections

Smash 64-changed alot. Prolly Fox or Ness
Melee- Marth-Peach-Young Link(Link+Roy on occasion)
Brawl-Pit-Marth-Toon Link(drow costume)-Peach-DDD-Diddy-Link-Sonic-Ike. I'm fairly happy w/ the roster. I miss Midna and Krystal, but I can deal.

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
It seems, by the way the roster looks, that it will be the same as 64 and Melee.

Kirby
Link (Considering Young... I mean Toon Link if he is better)
Samus

(Melee) Low Tiers FTW!

And maybe:
P.Trainer
Snake

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Lucario
Pit
Wolf (Are we SURE-sure that Wolf is in?!)

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I thinking about maining as Rob actually seeing as how so many people hate him lol no actually i'm not sure yet i want to try out all of the characters because some of them are changed around a bit and i want to get a feel for all of the new characters as well so i'm not sure yet i'll go back to using link as he was my melee main and he hasn't changed that much from what i hear but i check every one else out as well.

Project Occasus

Smash Cadet
I will main ROB just so people are even more P.O. than they already are xD
Jk jk, out of the newcomers, I'll probably main Snake, out of the veterans, I say Ganondorf.

And no, I'm not disappointed by this roster.

Really, the only complaints that go around are "But I wanted MOAR characters!!!1!" (EVEN though 35 is a pretty good number, and don't tell me about the clones, there aren't many)
and
"____ wasn't in! Bad roster! I will not buy Brawl! BAWWW!" (well, that I can understand, but it's mostly Ridley, Krystal and Geno fans that get angry, even though we all somehow knew that there WAS a chance Ridley would not be playable, so now we have him as a boss, that's still something. And Geno, where does the popularity come from anyway? I played Super Mario RPG and I cannot understand that, but whatever, people need to clear their head and get off it before they infect the whole forum abou...oh wait!)

And someone was angry because Ray 01 was an AT whereas ROB was playable. I seriously doubt you understand the meaning of "WTF character". Ray 01 isn't one, but ROB surely is, and his inclusion had the effect the developers wanted: Utter shock! But remember Mr. Game & Watch? People could not believe it either.

People, you just set the bar too high for your own good. You're the one to blame!

At least we hear another voice of reason. There are way too many people whining about the roster in Brawl. To start things off, there's ROB. Did it ever occur to anyone that Sakurai himself WANTED ROB in the game? Just like game and watch from melee. You can complain all you want, but just like so many people say 'it's our opinion!' Sakurai is allowed to put in characters that he wants too, because he can have opinions as well.

Why does everyone have to spend so much time complaining? Sure the character you wanted isn't in, and you might think I'm biased because I'm a sonic fan and he's in. Frankly, I got melee without being a huge fan of many of the characters. I became a fan by playing the characters in melee. I was gonna do the same for Brawl, and Sonic coming in was just a pleasant surprise. I've never even heard of this Geno guy and at least Ridley is a boss. It seems totally unreasonable to me that you should extensively complain about character YOU wanted in the game.

Clones. You know, we could at least be thankful that when clones are implemented we are capable of recieiving a larger amount of characters. But of course, many of you insist on saying that Sakurai is lazy when you don't even know the whole story. That's a just a little ignorant. A wise wizard once said that we shouldn't be so quick to judge, because even the very wise cannot see all ends.

If we spent more time enjoying what we have, rather than being angry and hateful about what we don't have, we'd all be happier people. Sure you can express who you think should've got in the game, or what you think should have been done, but for god's sake people, let's have some moderation. I don't want to offend people, but let's be reasonable and not ignorant.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot about the actual topic at hand.. sorry.

I'll probably main Sonic, but I'm also interested in the Kirby characters, Bowser, Yoshi, Lucario.... Possibly others. Thanks to anyone who actually read my wall of text.

Griffard

Smash Ace
most likely Pokemon trainer due to the fact that i like different styles and pt has all of them at once. but i will literally second every single other character. except for maybe luigi just because he's lame.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
I like alot of people. heres my top 5 in order of how much I like em.

1. Ike.
2. Marth
3. Falco
4. Metaknight
5. Link (toon or normal I'll have to play to decide)

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
Back in 64 I used just Jigglypuff. Because Link was worthless.

Melee, I used Jigglypuff and Young Link. And some Samus.

Now, I will use Jigglypuff and Youn- I mean, Toon Link. And some Samus.

Drack

Smash Apprentice
A lot of characters are looking awesome. I mained falco and secondary'd Jiggs in Melee.

My top 5 (in no particular order) will probably be

Lucario
Falco
Wolf
Dedede
Metaknight

Rominati

Smash Cadet
Hmm seems to me that Lucario may be the shiek of brawl. I personally dont mind I just hope when I go online it wont be

Lucario vs Lucario vs Lucario vs Lucario

Or

Sonic vs Sonic vs Sonic vs Sonic.

But upon looking at some wifi matches it seems like there is always a good mixup.

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
Depends. I have a lot of favorites. I keep saying that I hate the new roster but I forget that Pit, Meta Knight, Ike, PT and Dedede are all new and awesome. Here is the most likely list for me.

Mains: Lucario, C. Falc, Falco
Seconds: Ice Climbers, Wolf, Pit, Metaknight
Others: Sonic, Lucas, PT, Olimar

Large list but since I haven't played the game I don't know what the new guys are like and if my old favorites have changed. I mained C. Falc, Falco and Ice climbers in Melee and C. Falc and Fox in the original so the captain and Falco are guranteed and the climbers are likely. Lucario looks awesome from what I have seen as well.

Burumage

Smash Cadet
Ok, first thing ill say is that I actually like this roster. In melee there was not many characters i liked, but now tons of them! (and robs not so bad, im sort of neutral on him)

I will main:

Metaknight
Kirby
DDD
Lucario
Wolf
Falco
PT
Ice Climbers
Bowser
ZSS

I have video game ADD so I like to switch it up :lick:

Marie_54

Smash Ace
This question has been asked a billon times but ooh well... The roster was revealed...

- Sonic, probably.

-Lucario, i don't know a thing about the new generation of pokemon but he just looks **** cool.

Other possible chars-
-Pit
-Marth
-Ike
(Yes i like men with huge swords)

-ROB (Romantic O*** Bot)

*The last one is a big NO JUST KIDDING.

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
I plan on owning haters online with R.O.B. and Game & Watch.

I know I'm maining Pikachu and Yoshi though...

metalx42

Smash Rookie
well to start off the roster sucks (who needs 2 fox clones come on) but i have to admit there are a lot of characters Im looking forward to my main will be either pokemon trainer or sonic and ill second lucario ike and pit

BoG

Smash Journeyman
1.Snake
2.Olimar
3.Toon Link
4.Ness (maybe Lucas?)
5.DeDeDe
6.Wario
7.Wolf

Oh man. I want to play as EVERYONE! I'm psyched for this game. The roster lacks only Ridley, and the omission of Krystal for Wolf is wonderful news.
With friends, we switch every round, so I can't wait to just play as them all.

Finn Macool

Smash Apprentice
anyone but samus as ive mained her for two games and want to change things up a bit
ill try em all but i think ROB and WW link are up there on the list at the moment

Top Bottom