• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So This Happened to my friend and I. We have no idea how it happened

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ale0f9twi_E

PLEASE TELL ME IM NOT THE ONLY ONE THIS HAPPENED TOO
I have seen similar things happen. SI believe it has nothing to do with Bayonetta, and mainly just the stage and positioning. A really technical person could explain it, but I haven't really gone into the game data yet. However, because of the speed you tech jumped, it could be that it was left over momentum. Or, if you didn't tech, you might have hit a really weird angle. This could have caused you to go up instead of down and slide along the side of the stage. Really weird nonetheless.

Pika!

Smash Rookie
NNID
ObviouslyKorean
The ending killed me.
Never seen this happen though.

Windwraith

Smash Rookie
I literally lol'd at the ending! No, you're not the only one. My pal and I always manage to pull that off somehow. We never mean to, and we have no idea why it happens that way.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Yeah, didn't look Bae-related, but tech-related instead.
:196:

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
From what I understand its just a universal 'bug' with how slanted edges are handled by the game when you're launched at weird angles.
Normally you'd hit that edge coming from the right (i.e. getting stage spiked) so the game does some math and changes your launch angle accordingly, sending you downwards or whatever.
Instead, you came in and hit the slanted part from the top (which in itself doesn't make sense), so the game does the same math as it normally would. But the math is weird and doesn't really make sense due to your angle, so it sends you back at some weird angle, in this case back upwards.

Top Bottom