• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So we're exactly 17 Days till Brawl is Released

MetalMetaKnight

Smash Journeyman
So we are exactly 21 days away from Brawl (for people living in North America) and i was just wondering a couple questions: (I will update this thread with a new question for people to discuss)

1. DONE!!!

2. DONE!!!

3. DONE!!!

4. So, about the DLC (DownLoad Channel i believe) Do you think you will be able to Download new characters? Do you think we will be able to Download characters? If so, which characters would you want? Do you want anything else to be downloaded like stages or so?

5. So, over the long wait, we have been getting updates every day not including week ends. DId you like the updates sakurai gaves over the wait? Did you want it to all be a surprize or just parts, like characters, stages, items etc.?

6. (question will be added February 22

(P.S. If a mod or Admin locks this thread, can you please tell me why, because 3/4's of my topics have been locked for no reason except for one:( So Thanks in advance:dizzy:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So we are exactly 21 days away from Brawl (for people living in North America) and i was just wondering a couple questions: (I will update this thread with a new question for people to discuss)

1. Is there a chance that Sakurai could delay Brawl again when we have exactly 3 weeks untill its released? (disscuss)

2. (question will be added February 18)

3. (question will be added February 19)

4. (question will be added February 20)

(P.S. If a mod or Admin locks this thread, can you please tell me why, because 3/4's of my topics have been locked for no reason except for one:( So Thanks in advance:dizzy:
For question 1, no. There is no way. This is not just fanboy paranoia talking, its logic, and not like the "he cant delay it from Feb 10th" logic.

G4 HAS the full American version. We've got commercials. 3 weeks wouldnt solve anything, because if they didnt get the copies they needed in the month they set up, they fail. hard.

If ANYBODY thinks it may be delayed, I want to know what youre on. Dont be so paranoid people. We get brawl in 3. Weeks. (Another thing, if it was going to be delayed again, it would have been on the dojo already, 3 weeks is not enough time announce something like that.)

And he wouldnt shaft his American fans like this again.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Second!

In b4 lock.
Right... I dont see why this should be locked...

Edit: Sure, it did happen, but the reason it WAS delayed was because they didnt have nough copies, now with the extra month, surely they have reached that quota, and Japan has gotten the game.

It was delayed for both Japan and the US before, now that one has it, the other will too.

We''ll get it, dont worry.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Right... I dont see why this should be locked...

Edit: Sure, it did happen, but the reason it WAS delayed was because they didnt have nough copies, now with the extra month, surely they have reached that quota, and Japan has gotten the game.

It was delayed for both Japan and the US before, now that one has it, the other will too.

We''ll get it, dont worry.
Because you have 1.2k posts and joined 3 months ago.

nintendude7cubed

Smash Rookie
This is a fact: Brawl will NOT be delayed again.. im so sure of myself for the simple reason that it's already out in japan and theres nothing sakurai can do to make it better without japan suffering some sort of unfair disadvantage and we all know seeing that all games come out first in japan that that's impossible.

nintendude7cubed

Smash Rookie
lemme add that this is the closest we've ever been to the release of brawl without it beeing yanked from under us AGAIN.

MetalMetaKnight

Smash Journeyman
But how about this, I heard Sakurai wanted to have the game bug free so if he discovered the bugs in the Japanese version of Brawl he could easly stop production and fix those small bugs. I know this comment is HIGHLY UNLIKELY but what if that happened?

EDIT: nice double post nintendude7cubed

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Because you have 1.2k posts and joined 3 months ago.
Right... so I have more posts than you do, but what does this prove?

I dont see what youre getting at. This doesnt need to be locked, he's asking a valid, yet paranoid question that hasnt been spammed over and over again in various threads like tier lists have in the past few weeks.

What does my join date have to do with anything? You joined almost 3 years ago, but this doesnt make you better/more observant than I.

I dont understand your motives.. please to explain?

Chrnocide

Smash Apprentice
It's not going to be postponed to a later date. All retail stores have already confirmed this because they've already gotten their orders set. It's a stage that was never reached before hand, when they DID get postponed to a later date. ( the orders that is )

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
But how about this, I heard Sakurai wanted to have the game bug free so if he discovered the bugs in the Japanese version of Brawl he could easly stop production and fix those small bugs. I know this comment is HIGHLY UNLIKELY but what if that happened?

EDIT: nice double post nintendude7cubed
Youre worrying too much... He wont make it bug free. Production and debugging as far as theyve gone with that, all of it is done. The games are done, being packaged and sitting in a vault waiting to be shipped a few days before March 9th.

And sakurai also said he wanted 40-50 characters in the game, it doesnt help to take things he says he wants as law.

Relax.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Right... so I have more posts than you do, but what does this prove?

I dont see what youre getting at. This doesnt need to be locked, he's asking a valid, yet paranoid question that hasnt been spammed over and over again in various threads like tier lists have in the past few weeks.

What does my join date have to do with anything? You joined almost 3 years ago, but this doesnt make you better/more observant than I.

I dont understand your motives.. please to explain?
You endorse irrelevant and stupid threads. My crystal ball told me.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You endorse irrelevant and stupid threads. My crystal ball told me.
Tier list threads are irrelevant and stupid.

Thsi thread is not irrelevant and stupid. The TC is slightly paranoid, but thats fine. What he was asking for, was for someone to set straight for him whether or not they feel Brawl will be delayed again (Which it wont, surely you realize this) so dont categorize this thread as irrelevant and stupid.

Categorize DADDY's tier list thread as such..please.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Don't try to reason with BentoBox.

By the way topic creator, you don't need to put "discuss". People are going to regardless if you put it there or not.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
If this game gets delayed again, I will just give up and put it aside and think about other games.That is until it comes.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
The game is finished, no more delays, thats why in the Nintendo sponsored tournies the prizes include Full US versions of the game.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Tier list threads are irrelevant and stupid.

Thsi thread is not irrelevant and stupid. The TC is slightly paranoid, but thats fine. What he was asking for, was for someone to set straight for him whether or not they feel Brawl will be delayed again (Which it wont, surely you realize this) so dont categorize this thread as irrelevant and stupid.

Categorize DADDY's tier list thread as such..please.
Do you even know why NOA delayed Brawl in the Americas?

My crystal ball > you. Period.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Do you even know why NOA delayed Brawl in the Americas?

My crystal ball > you. Period.
Sigh..... answering will get me nowhere, but yes. It was delayed because they were not able to get the number of copys for the preorders (something like that but phrased better anyway) to meet the demand on Feb 10th.

That is why.

Edit: As for the recently added 2nd question, No, I dont think that Mewtwo and Roy will be in. It would be great to see them again, but it's most likely not going to happen. Theres a chance, but honestly, dont count on it.

MrLegend

Smash Apprentice
I like this thread only because you said North America instead of America. States=/=NA. I hate being reminded of the time though. I just get more excited and frustrated.

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I don't care if mewtwo or roy make it in as extra characters, although it would add to the diversity of the game, shared moveset or not. More farfetched things have happened

MetalMetaKnight

Smash Journeyman
I personally dont care if they both are in the game. The more characters that are in Brawl, more competition. I dont care if mewtwo makes it in but i do mind if roy makes it in the game. If he still becomes a clone just like Marth, im going to be disgusted. Considering how much time Sakurai has had to make the game. I think clones are a sign of lazyness and short cuts to their work.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
~UPDATED~

Sorry, late update ^.^'' I forgot yesterday... :p

Question added: Do you think tiers exist? why or why not?

have a good day :bee:

~MMK
Yeah, they do.

Certain characters just play better than others. Put a top Marth player in a match against the top Ness player in Melee, do you know who'd win? Marth.

It's not because one or the other player is better, it's because Marth just has more speed, quicker attacks, his up-B isnt tough to pull off sometimes, the list goes on and on.

Lets also not forget the ken combo and tipping.

Marth...thou est broken.

MetalMetaKnight

Smash Journeyman
I dunno about that theory. I think tiers dont exist. I think is all about the skill of the player. If a good Ness player were to pop up and had his own little combo and tricks, im sure he could put up a good fight against Ken. A test could be puting a level 10 Marth vs. a level 10 Ness.

They both seem oddly equal believe it or not, and if there was a Ness player that was really good and equal to ken (even though i havent seen one but im sure as hell it is possible) im sure it could be a 50/50 chance.

~MMK

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i dont believe in tiers, you are good with who you practice and master, you can do it with anyone, and i have seen my friend master jigglypuff, and beat my friend who has mastered marth...its all about who you get good with. certain characters are good against certain people, but every character has their advantages and disadvantages

Chexr

Smash Ace
Except Jigglypuff is a good character...and tiers dont really apply to people who suck. Also this argument is dumb and overdone. Why am I even posting this?

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
Tiers state that if all characters were played by people with equal skill, character A would most likely
beat character B, tiers are also based on tournament standings, therefore, no matter how
balanced the roster is, there will be tiers...

(If you have ever said "man this character sucks" then you aknowledge the existance of tiers)

MetalMetaKnight

Smash Journeyman
I think Bowser could beat a master Jiggly, just ask Gimppyfish to do it :bee:

EDIT to answer the guy above me: ...But if they are equal in goodness, how could character A be better than character B if they are equal?

EDIT to answer the edit of the person above me: That is called personal skill :laugh: Not tiers :p

MetalMetaKnight

Smash Journeyman
Hm, well i guess this thread is slowly going down the drain since no one answered my DLC question :( Oh well, i guess if the new one doesnt get any responses ill give up on the topic. So much for wanting to ask questions all the way till march 9th:(

~UPDATED~

I added a new question and left the other one since no one answered.

Have a good day :ohwell:

~MMK

Top Bottom