• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So what about Japan Smash ?

Blad01

Smash Lord
Really, we don't (i don't at least) really know the current competitive scene in Japan...

I'ev a few questions, maybe some guys like Ankoku could answer ? :) Thanks in advance ^^

1) Do they have their own tier list ?
2) Who are the best japan players right now ?
3) Do they have a Smash site ?
4) Are they ever having a big event (on 2009) ?
5) Bonus question : What are the most active japanese youtube accounts ?

That would be cool to know :)

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Speed and Offensive.

From what I've seen, they aren't too big on the defensive.

But, yes, they should have their own tier list. I highly bet their Diddy Kongs and Pikachus are higher on the tier list, and they should have a smash site.

From what I understand, in this game, defensive>offensive. I see no spacing in their games, but then again I haven't seen to many games with them.

They are fast but not the best. It's fun to watch them though. A lot more fun than our games >.>

QuickEdit: wait until regional tournies to determine this, though.

I bet Korea is better than all of us.

waks

Smash Journeyman
Active JP youtube accounts would be great. Can anybody provide one? :)

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Japan is a lot more entertaining to watch.
But it's because they refuse to sit down and camp, even if you piss the crap out of your opponent.
In the U.S., we don't care if we're an ***. In fact, sometimes we'll go out of our way to be an ***. That's the American way.
Cheers.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
ITT broad sweeping generalizations about how an entire nation plays Smash Bros. based on ONE old Fox v. Falco video where the ****ty players blindly shorthopped nairs at each other as fast as possible for three minutes. Sad but true.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Yes Japan has Smash tournaments. I believe they also have websites to discuss smash. I don't see why they wouldn't. In fact Ikki has a link to a tournament website.

I am personally a fan of Masashi's Pit.

I am sure they have their own tier list. Some of their tier list have been posted here before.

One thing I wonder though is, are Japanese players allowed to switch characters?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
But it's because they refuse to sit down and camp, even if you piss the crap out of your opponent.
In the U.S., we don't care if we're an ***. In fact, sometimes we'll go out of our way to be an ***. That's the American way.
Cheers.
There are times to be friends and times to be enemies. When we aren't brawling, we can be friends. When brawling, we are enemies.

ITT broad sweeping generalizations about how an entire nation plays Smash Bros. based on ONE old Fox v. Falco video where the ****ty players blindly shorthopped nairs at each other as fast as possible for three minutes. Sad but true.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who shares this sentiment. And it was four minutes.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'll post up the top 4 results of Ketubato X-02 sometime tonight, but a Snake player named Souther took first, I think.

KJay8

Smash Rookie

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol, seriously

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
ya, i've always wondered things like this too... someone SERIOUSLY has to find a japanese smash site, with their tier list. I mean, i tried, but its pretty much useles... cus im not japanese so u cant find a site with a japanese name without knowing japanese. ill try using like babel fish to translate 'tier list' and see if i can find it on google.jp tho

edit:

i did find this site with info about marth in ssbb... its a wiki page, so u can prob find other chars, may be a tier list.

i tried my best with using babel/wiki/translating/searching etc but i cant find anything better than this. i might search later more, but im done for now

XienZo

Smash Lord
Japan probably plays more aggresively since thats more honorable vs play to win, and they figured out "play to win" isn't practical due to not like.... making enough money...

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Nothing wrong with playing aggressively.

Honestly, I'd like to fight one of them and see how it goes.

It'd be funny as hell if I could just use Mario and U-air them all the way across FD because they don't bother to shield.

unwelc0med

Smash Journeyman
probably masashi and aniki

and m2k could take em, no sweat.

maybe he would sweat....

Charoo

Smash Champion
S:MetaKnight,Snake,Falco
A:R.O.B,Diddy,Marth,Pit,Fox
B:Mr. Game & Watch,Wolf,Toon Link
C:Ice Climbers,Olimar,Sheik,Zero Suit Samus,Pikachu,Lucario
D:Kirby,King Dedede,Mario,Lucas,Wario,Charizard
E:Zelda,Ike,Donkey Kong,Ness,Link,Luigi,Yoshi,Pokemon Trainer,Squirtle,Ivysaur
F:Sonic,Bowser,Samus,Captain Falcon,Jigglypuff,Peach
G:Ganondolf(GOD RANK)

posted by rihuganon on ganon specific board

he also said dedede just moved up to b rank

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=203264

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Cheers.
Why can't WE play that way? :'(
I think I have more of the Japanese mindset when playing Brawl.

****!!!
They do play MUCH faster. I would love to fight these guys. I <3 offensive opponents. It's so much more fun than nooby campy opponents.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Nothing wrong with playing aggressively.

Honestly, I'd like to fight one of them and see how it goes.

It'd be funny as hell if I could just use Mario and U-air them all the way across FD because they don't bother to shield.
I'd be tempted to Plank them just to see their reaction.

XienZo

Smash Lord
*imagines an aggresive ROB*

whoa, thats like game-breaking...

and/or stupid...

Top Bottom