• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So what is Lucas better suited to? The air or the ground?

__Crazy__

Smash Cadet
And by that I mean is he a good aerial fighter like Ness or is his moveset more ground oriented?

Or is he an even balance between the two? ;)

(BTW I have been lurking here for a while and from the stuff I've seen on this forum, Lucas looks awesome! (b^_^)b

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Lucas appears to have a much better air game than ground game if you ask me. His grab looks punishable, he doesn't seem to have remarkable range, and two of his three Smashes are very slow. Plus, he doesn't get the benefit of PK waveland on the ground.

Ness on the other hand seems to have somewhat of a better ground game, while his aerial game is a little less effective.

- Prisma -

Smash Cadet
His aerials are what you will be using a lot in the game.
His dAir is monstrous.
Stick with aerials.
He has a few good ground moves too, however.

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
I'd say low aerial game. I feel like Lucas is very vulnerable when he's high up, but closer to the ground you can link his super-fast aerials into his fast ground moves easily. It's worth mentioning that his aerials have very good priority and most of them get a disjointed hitbox with the hexagons (God, how I love them). On the ground, you'll probably use his F-Tilt, U-tilt and F-Smash the most, as those are all very fast, and one of them is a combo setup, one is a spacing tool and one is an excellent KO move.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
Dsmash is amazing due to its incredible range (hits behind slightly too so it catches rolling), how long it lasts, and how far it sends opponents back even when shielding. Fsmash is fast and powerful, upsmash *****. All of his tilts are great, and a SH PKfire is spammable as hell.

All of his aerials allow you to do his awesome smash/tilts the instant he lands from dair/nair/and fair, so I would say they're about even.

Percon

Smash Lord
Dsmash is amazing due to its incredible range (hits behind slightly too so it catches rolling), how long it lasts, and how far it sends opponents back even when shielding. Fsmash is fast and powerful, upsmash *****. All of his tilts are great, and a SH PKfire is spammable as hell.

All of his aerials allow you to do his awesome smash/tilts the instant he lands from dair/nair/and fair, so I would say they're about even.
QFT

10chars

ARVY

Smash Apprentice
Lucas is definitely balanced in terms of air/ground work. he's able to transition between the two styles pretty fluidly. well, that was my opinion from playing him anyway. he's not a character to classify as stronger on the ground or air.

though he can't kill as often in the air, that's where he tends to rack up the most damage.
he pulls of pretty quick kill moves on the ground, but in terms of damage he's better off in the air.

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
Lucas is amazing from what i've seen in videos when it comes to short hoping, low aerials so that he can get ground hits in as well, he's kind of hybrid-ish.

napZzz

Smash Hero
You should try to use his air moves but his real killing moves lie on the ground, aka his up and fs. Not to say that his ground game is not good, he has some good moves down their to use mainly to finish people off or start combos in my opinion

GofG

Smash Champion
I'd say low aerial game. I feel like Lucas is very vulnerable when he's high up, but closer to the ground you can link his super-fast aerials into his fast ground moves easily. It's worth mentioning that his aerials have very good priority and most of them get a disjointed hitbox with the hexagons (God, how I love them). On the ground, you'll probably use his F-Tilt, U-tilt and F-Smash the most, as those are all very fast, and one of them is a combo setup, one is a spacing tool and one is an excellent KO move.

Why would you say that Lucas is vulnerable high up? His dair has incredible priority, outranging things like Ike's uair, and the fact that the third hit is a spike pretty much has him covered. If the opponent gets locked up in it and ends up on top of you or inside you, an uair or nair will come out before he can do anything, and you will easily make it to the ground long before he does, unless, of course, he falls with you, a fair will knock him far away. Granted, it's not a very good offense, but he is far from vulnerable.

For offense, of course, going high into the air is not something you want to do, as his sh'd dair, fair, uair, and nair come out very quickly.

Top Bottom