• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So what should be running through my mind while playing?

Icyo

Smash Ace
I follow the match but there really is nothing going through my mind. Should everything just come out naturally or what?

What goes through your heads?

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I go blank and let my fingers do the magic.

I don't recommend it, though, since just fighting from instinct makes you predictable.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
SuSa pretty much has it.

I used to be like you, mostly friendlies. But when your focused, your mind is like at chess game. You'll want to keep track of what his habits are like what DI he went after you dthrow'd him. Your mind should be doing everything one step at a time.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I just fight, I don't know what's going through my mind. But I talk a lot during matches, I ask the player questions, make fun of him, scream when I recover.

TreK

Is "that guy"
i try to think about what is my opponent going to do next and how to punish it. sometimes i just forget it and get *****, so i guess it's kind of important for me :p

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I like to stay calm

if you get too reckless....you'll get overly offensive and lose to simple tactics

just stay calm

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
I run through the most likely scenarios the opponent will take me through given my circumstances, and use previous experiences to imagine the fight two steps ahead of what's going on on screen. I treat it like chess, but I'm better at Brawl than Chess.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
I like to stay calm

if you get too reckless....you'll get overly offensive and lose to simple tactics

just stay calm
other than the 3 key things u should be doing, this is by far your best advice.

I still need to establish patience in my game, this is what brings me down usually. Lack of patience.

If only I knew how to stay calm. Best advice imo

Eten

Smash Ace
I focus on eliminating risk. In anything that I compete in. If my game banks on a certain point, that point is a weakness, and that's where people lose. Everything must have contingencies. In real-terms for Brawl that means I focus on being in a good position at any moment, a good position being one that can adapt to any choice the opponent makes, and to attempt to perfect spacing to eliminate punishment.

I get irked by D3's ability to completely shutdown so many characters, but I greatly respect the character. He's the perfect character for that sort of play.

That's why I favor playing Luigi like I do. His jabs are excellent for this- I jab for opportunities, I'll upsmash OOS aerials, shorthop aerials for punishment, and fireball for pressure. I like luigi for this thinking because of his fast mostly lagless aerials like his dair, bair, and nair in SHDA and his sick options from a jab.

Eten

Smash Ace
eten stop trolling and post moar like those sexy wall of texts like you always used to do
My Wii died and life took over. If I get time in this summer and my mechanical know-how allows Wii self-repair I'll be back showing how utterly broken luigi is in brawl+.

TreK

Is "that guy"
lmao
should be added to the NZ dining etiquette thingy (never got how it worked, but it belongs to there)

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
oh shi... you've created a meme dude xD
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3739/kingdededeflowchart.jpg
idk who made this btw, my crewleader just linked me to this on msn

it's nice to see that luigi is moar technical than daydayday. muhahahahaha
I didn't create it actually. I perpetuated a habit from the days of meelee. There used to be one for about every character. Oh I found the thread!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233361

Also another one on IGN Brawl-themed, this time http://boards.ign.com/super_smash_bros_/b5213/179006021/p1/

I just made my own, based on my playstyle and sense of humor lol.

Also, I believe they all started with this, if you're familiar with Street Fighter (I'm not, I hate that game lol)
http://www.halolz.com/2009/03/02/ken-flowchart/

Mine was a Luigi version of that one, I thought It would be funny, considering they both had like 20% of the space dedicated to Shoryuken.

But seriously, when I play, I just concentrate on punishing the slightest mistakes by comboing off of them until I'm able to land a kill move, because either A) They ****ed up or B) I baited them into ****ing up or miraculously comboed into Shoryuken or Fsmash and am now enduring an opponent relentlessly calling ''Bull****!''

Know your matchups. Know your opponent's habits. Try to set up situations that advantage you (Ex: getting Snake airborne) and make the most of them. Avoid those that disadvantage you (Ex: the rest of the matchup) and play smart when you're forced into them.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I didn't create it actually. I perpetuated a habit from the days of meelee. There used to be one for about every character. Oh I found the thread!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233361

Also another one on IGN Brawl-themed, this time http://boards.ign.com/super_smash_bros_/b5213/179006021/p1/

I just made my own, based on my playstyle and sense of humor lol.

Also, I believe they all started with this, if you're familiar with Street Fighter (I'm not, I hate that game lol)
http://www.halolz.com/2009/03/02/ken-flowchart/

Mine was a Luigi version of that one, I thought It would be funny, considering they both had like 20% of the space dedicated to Shoryuken.

But seriously, when I play, I just concentrate on punishing the slightest mistakes by comboing off of them until I'm able to land a kill move, because either A) They ****ed up or B) I baited them into ****ing up or miraculously comboed into Shoryuken or Fsmash and am now enduring an opponent relentlessly calling ''Bull****!''

Know your matchups. Know your opponent's habits. Try to set up situations that advantage you (Ex: getting Snake airborne) and make the most of them. Avoid those that disadvantage you (Ex: the rest of the matchup) and play smart when you're forced into them.
didn't know that. Now this is even moar awesome xP

Top Bottom