• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So what tier could Peach end up?

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Yes, now we've gotten past the fact of 'omfg peach nerfed' and now it's more 'omg peach changed with perhaps a slight nerf', what tier in terms of potential is she? Ignoring tournament results, purely on played at full potential, in a six tier system (bottom, low, mid, upper, high, top). Im very interested in playing Peach, but am too ignorant to comment on this yet.

Discuss...

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I'd say mid is OK. She's a balanced character ^^

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yeah, there's a discussion dedicated to tier placement in the tactical board. I see your point in having Peach mainers talk about it on their own, but that would lead no where without input from the rest of the cast.

Airgemini your thread isn't working! Why isn't it stickied yet?

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
If I asked in the tier discussion then I would get alot of biased answers because the vast majority of people there are ignorant of the lesser known characters, plus all of there tier lists are derived primarily from tournament results, which I do not included in this theoretical tier list.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Yeah, there's a discussion dedicated to tier placement in the tactical board. I see your point in having Peach mainers talk about it on their own, but that would lead no where without input from the rest of the cast.

Airgemini your thread isn't working! Why isn't it stickied yet?
What do you mean?
It is stickied.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Ok, so have any of you actually BEEN into this thread?: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141725

It's kinda ridiculous how easily distracted the thread gets, and focus on one character usually only lasts a few half a dozen posts. I apologize Mr. Speed, this thread is incredibly viable - even more so once you look at the alternative.

So Peach, Top Tier sounds correct no?
She's middle.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
mid-upper... shes an amazing character who can hold her own... but when you look at characters like snake and metaknight who have broken tactics, dedede and rob who are like the opposite of what a heavy character should be ( shouldn't have good projectiles, speed, or recovery) its obvious to see she can't be in the high tiers... but shes definitely no jiggs.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
i dont even know about the upper, because G&W and wario are better characters as well. G&W is a wall of priority and no one can match wario in the air, float or not. I would actually prefer her be lower on a tier list. That way when we win it looks better.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
but shes definitely no jiggs.
Jiggly has always been solidly mid-tier since forever. And I agree with Burton, whatever tier she's in, a lower one would be preferred - humiliation is key! :laugh:

And plus she's a Snake counter! Though not many know that yet... If it can push DK up the list, it can certainly do the same for Peach.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
A Snake Counter? Them be some controversial words der Meno. I always saw Peach:Snake as 5:5. Mortars make Peach's air game alot more difficult and Snake's ground is just flat out >>>>>Peach's. That being said, proper turnip and float use can give him the trouble enough tpossibly make it equal but I could never see Peach having the advantage. Explain 2 meh plz

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yeah, most of the community is going to take the Peach vs. Snake match-up as 50-50, but I see otherwise! Being the prophet I am. You see my young smasher *puts arm over shoulder while walking*, Peach has options against ALL of Snake's sneaky tactics. Mortar Slide? Pfft. Dair of bair it. Dash attack? Turnips OWN dash attack. Various bombs and explosives? Float away... Peach is NEVER left without an escape against Snake.

Not to say I never lose against Snake, it's still hard, but I'm just saying in the future you will all see and come into the light. Peach is a Snake counter!

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Hmmm mayyybeee, but he seems way too hard to approach. Nade countering, standing mortars and general tilts are all still godly, although Peach has less trouble then others. Peach can gimp Snake very well, approach him much more effectively then most of the cast and turnips can outspam nades in my experience. This bears further investigation!

So anyway, top of middle sound about right to everyone?

O and as another random post of discussion, the more you use Toad, the more you realise it's a really good move!

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
To Meno: great minds think alike.

to Blistering speed: Peach is considered a snake counter because she always has an option against anything he does. Just space and wait for the snake to get impatient. You'll very rarely if ever have a successful aproach on the ground because of jabs and tilts. (It seems like I float the majority of a match against snake) but like meno said it beats the snake dash and keeps you out of range for all of his tilts except for utilt. Just make sure your pressuring with turnips and wait for them to make a move Also, know that your above and, in some cases, below his hit boxes on his explosives as well. As long as you can avoid his hits he will eventually have to aproach you and then you can hopefully get him then. Make sure you pressure when a snake is off the stage, becausehe is easily gimped, and gimping helps you not have to get him to nearly 200 percent when he can kill you at about 90.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So anyway, top of middle sound about right to everyone?
Top of middle is a bit reaching. Peach is decent, and with unique traits that give her some good match-ups against a lot of the roster, but characters like Wario or Kirby are better, IMHO. Mid Middle me thinks?

I saw that, and I still think it's a bit iffy. The Olimar and Pikachu placement are quite suspicious.

To Meno: great minds think alike.
Woot! Peach as Snake counter! *attempts to convince rest of Peach boards with swinging watch*

Top Bottom