• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, what's the best server to play Smash 64 Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tazumili

Smash Cadet
I've taken an interest in smash 64 recently, and have been wanting to play it online with Project 64k. I've successfully done a couple matches, but that was on a couple random servers with people who didn't really know how to play.

Does anyone know of a good server to play on, or if I'm too late on the bandwagon?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I just got back into it since October, so I'm not for sure but I think Galaxy64 is the main smash server. It's down (from the last time I was on) and I've been using God's Weapon.

earthadept

Smash Lord
I'll play with you if you're interested... I actually just got into smash 64 online today and have played 2 matches so far... both of them against extreme nubs

Tazumili

Smash Cadet
All right I'm getting P2P set up. On god weapon's server I had a 109ms and 11 frame delay, so hopefully it will be better here.

PM or IM me if you want to smash, I'm pretty new and I play with a wii remote + nunchuck so I'll probably get *****, but that's how you get better right?

MSN: Siglemic@hotmail.com

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
PM or IM me if you want to smash
Go to the player's compendium thread and add people from there (also put yourself in), that way you'll find lots of people to play, and be able to locate the ones nearest you for lowest possible lag.

I might add you and ask you to P2P at some point! You're in the states so lag should be okay, but you never know.

P D

Smash Ace
If you want my opinion, I'd say get P2P set up. Don't bother with servers. Or at least, once you go P2P, you'll never want to go server again :laugh:

Check the stickies for info on setting that up. It's fairly easy.
p2p sux :p

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Does anyone play neo geo battle coliseum online? Its a sick game

I have no idea if theres any emulator that will play it only have a copy on ps2... but I watched some japanese people on youtube playing and learned some advanced stuff. Fun fact, one character in neo geo battle coliseum can cancel the lag of a set up combo attack by cancelling it with an input, feels exactly like z cancelling, except on ps2 its the R2 button.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
lol

both p2p and server are good.

The problem is, half of the server players do lag/desynch/run pj64k on vista crashing/dont have cheats/are noobs. So its not the server's fault, but players fault.

Tazumili

Smash Cadet
lol

both p2p and server are good.

The problem is, half of the server players do lag/desynch/run pj64k on vista crashing/dont have cheats/are noobs. So its not the server's fault, but players fault.
I run PJ64k on vista and it crashes from time to time. Is there any way to make it so it won't do this?

I've heard about that vista compatible client, pj64kve or something like that, is that compatible with Project 64k users? I'd rather not switch emulators, but if it's the only way then I probably will.

Also good games Daedatheus

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Does anyone play neo geo battle coliseum online? Its a sick game

I have no idea if theres any emulator that will play it only have a copy on ps2... but I watched some japanese people on youtube playing and learned some advanced stuff. Fun fact, one character in neo geo battle coliseum can cancel the lag of a set up combo attack by cancelling it with an input, feels exactly like z cancelling, except on ps2 its the R2 button.
I use R2 to cancel anyways due to the fact that i use a ps3 controller to play online :p

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I run PJ64k on vista and it crashes from time to time. Is there any way to make it so it won't do this?

I've heard about that vista compatible client, pj64kve or something like that, is that compatible with Project 64k users? I'd rather not switch emulators, but if it's the only way then I probably will.

Also good games Daedatheus
I have vista and never crashes for me. I dont know what i did but i did something and then it was all ok LOL

Skrlx

Smash Champion
You see everybody PD dislikes low frames because he supposedly sucks in low frames.
Using that mindset he must really suck on console with 0 delay LOL

PD seriously, the lower the frames the better!
repeat after me.
The lower the frames the better!

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
lol thats legit

I remember when me and him first played I complained about his DI and he said the game shouldn't have unbreakable combos....thats his justification xD

too good

Skrlx

Smash Champion
PD doesnt like p2p because he prefers playing on servers so when he loses he can whine about lag

<PD>that wasnt a combo that was lag
lol that too.
But, he really says that. He claims he's better when the frames are higher like 5 frames instead of say 3 or 4 or even 2. I don't really understand that concept I mean I would understand if it was the other way around like saying "I'm bad when the delay is high" but no, "I'm bad when the delay is low" :confused: :confused:

I wonder how PD does in console with 0 delay :lick:

NixxxoN

Smash Master
lol that too.
But, he really says that. He claims he's better when the frames are higher like 5 frames instead of say 3 or 4 or even 2. I don't really understand that concept I mean I would understand if it was the other way around like saying "I'm bad when the delay is high" but no, "I'm bad when the delay is low" :confused: :confused:

I wonder how PD does in console with 0 delay :lick:
Probably it's not that he is better, its that most of other players he plays on higher delay get worse

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
There also was a high lag keyboard h4x DI pikachu ONLY player named "oblio" He was genuinly frustrating to play because of his DI, his lag, and his pikachu dreamland ONLY stuff.

Not only that, whenever he'd win he'd say "Its ok that you lost. No one can beat me :)"

LOL

NixxxoN

Smash Master
lol that reminds me of parallax
hes frustrating to play since he always picks Ness and Dreamland, lags, and spams throws dair, and utilt

worst combo is utilt utilt uair uair uair bthrow >_>

inb4 johns
NO JOHNZ!

Ness is a spamming char, u gotta spam uair, dair and grab if you wanna have chances to win.

And LOL @ picking ness + dreamland.. all you gotta do is throw him out and he is dead.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
A good ness could say the same about you! (unless you are kirby/pika)
yes but i think Ness sucks hard at dreamland. Every Ness i play at dreamland (rare i must say) gets owned because they simply cant recover at all. Close to 0% chance. Not only his recovery is bad, but also the edges of dreamland dont help.
Happens also to myself. I always lose with Ness+dreamland against a good opponent. Pick mario for example, and have a good time practicing edgeguards, lol

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
yes but i think Ness sucks hard at dreamland. Every Ness i play at dreamland (rare i must say) gets owned because they simply cant recover at all. Close to 0% chance. Not only his recovery is bad, but also the edges of dreamland dont help.
Happens also to myself. I always lose with Ness+dreamland against a good opponent. Pick mario for example, and have a good time practicing edgeguards, lol
the question is when was the last time you played a "good" ness....and whats a "good" ness anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom