• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So... why isn't she used in tournments more often?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Why go to all the effort of learning to control two characters at once when playing Sheik gets 90% of the wins in 50% of the effort?

It's also why Spencer was a big thing in Marvel vs Capcom 3 before he was outstripped by Spider-Man. He was easier to learn. Spidey took his place later when all the big players got more practice so Rosy's star may rise.

NewZen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NewZen41
As someone who is competitive and doesn't use her (I've fought against a good number of players, offline and online), I can easily say that it's two things that are the common case:

1.) Difficulty in Usage/Her learning curve is too high
-The number of people who I've faced who maimed her only abided by one style, because it's generally the most optimal against most of the cast, as I've been told-Camping. While Luma doesn't work in the same way as Nana, he's still something that has to be micromanaged, and in competitive situations where money is on the line, who truly wants to lower their odds of winning if they have to put in too much work with a character?

2. ) Her "Awesomeness" is a Plague to others
-I hate facing her with a passion, but I've found ways to deal with her and the meatstar. The issue arises in response to how others have played her so far and if it actually ends up growing in mass, nobody would really want to play this game in a competitive sense because too many matches would end in TO's (Of course, this is assuming people end up bandwagoning her in the first place which is a worse case scenario) and viewers wouldn't even bat an eye to the game given its reputation as is. And before anyone says, "Play to win" I know of the rule as I commit to it myself. That doesn't mean I should be surprised that I'm booed if I commit to a play style that is considered toxic to the game's overall standing as a competitive thing in the first place (Look at my Main for ****'s sake...), because as it stands, Rosalina is a character that can pull that off quite effectively, regardless of whether or not you view them using her is the "wrong" way.

Eh.

She is used in tournaments..... :rosalina:
It's more of the fact that she isn't seen often in tournaments, given that she is considered Top Tier, after all. Thing is, if a character is hard as balls to learn, them being top tier doesn't mean much if you have to work too hard to get the win.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stromp

Legend
NNID
Stromp
1 Hard to get used to
2 Not Sheik

But in all seriousness I feel like a lot of people perceive her to be very campy. Which she sort of is. This may turn people off

WhiteMageBD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wmiller2533
This is a little off topic, sorry but, do you think this under usage of Rosalina will lower her chances of coming back in smash 5?

Top Bottom