• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Biweeklies - Saturday, February 16, 2008 (Brawl Coming Soon??)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
peach can cg fox until forever on fd =/

fox is like 80/20 or 100000/0 v sheik on that level, it's pretty much impossible, i'd go luigi or something, ANYTHING but sheik.

joeylol

Smash Cadet
i think dsf likes that lvl..........he picked it on me for some reason.......and he won lol

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Foxes that counterpick FD can go to hell.

/foxkillsjiggssoeasilyonfd

joeylol

Smash Cadet
i do:) i fought mangos shiek with my bowser on fd but i somehow still landed the coolest f smash ever witch needs to be uploaded

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
wow sheik does not have any matches that could be considered that bad p

most of you have no clue what a "bad matchup" is at all
fox v sheik on many levels is like 80/20. all they have to do is play it right.

your fault for maining a low tier, i have no remorse for any low tier users, that's why i use sheik.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
did you think i was asking for your remorse or something? i realize my limitations more than anyone else for using this fat piece of garbage character, but complaining about a match that you think is "unwinnable" when you are using a character that is certainly capable of the win is ludicrous.

perhaps at your level the match is more difficult than it is for a top level sheik, i'm fairly certain that drephen can get the job done there *shrug* difficult doesn't = impossible, if you want to be the best (which i hear is something you are trying to do, which is great) you shouldn't be going by such principles. any match is winnable, don't just throw out the "you should quit" theory if you are really striving for being a top player, it isn't helpful to anyone

i'm sick lol

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
valid points, but my general point remains: while 80/20 may be a bit of hyperbole, it's not much. i'm sure it's just the average start-from-behind matchup for bowser v anyone, but the main difference is there isn't really much of an art to playing it correctly (besides camping like a ***** anyway), it's just ****, no knowledge needed.

darkatma

Smash Hero
I get Thomasexy and Mikey Lenetia mixed up D:
Is that a bad thing?
They're both peach players i believe

edit:
as a sheik main
**** fox is the WORST THING EVER
I prefer playing falco, at least i get ***** less (this is coming from playing zhu, i get ***** more by his fox than falco, and he doesnt even play fox that often)

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Fox vs Sheik is probably 65/35 in all honesty. Maybe 60/40, but definitely not 70/30. ICs could be 70/30 though. And Falco is more like 60/40 or 55/45. Eh, numbers can't really describe matchups that accurately.

As of right now I'm more scared of ICs (wobbles doesn't even matter, they can CG 0-death either way), but I kinda got better against Fox recently so who knows.

wow sheik does not have any matches that could be considered that bad p

most of you have no clue what a "bad matchup" is at all
Lol, seriously. I'm amazed Bowser can win at all, much less be 13th on our power rankings.

Hey guys, SMG is a pretty cool game.
I wish it was a bit more challenging, but yeah it is. Then again, I only have 9 stars.

joeylol

Smash Cadet
fox v sheik on many levels is like 80/20. all they have to do is play it right.

your fault for maining a low tier, i have no remorse for any low tier users, that's why i use sheik.
well my shiek beat kira's fox.......and according to mango i have the worst shiek in socal lol....hater! but tech chase like drephen......thats like all you did to danny and you won

Gimpy is teh man

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Wow how did Fabian lose 2 3/5 sets in the finals?

I agree, Falco isn't that good.

KDJ's Sheik is ****, how the **** does he do that ****? Nobody else can make Sheik look like the best character in the game.

MonsterCC

Smash Cadet
This sounds like a good opportunity to get involved in the Smash Boards community.
Also a good opportunity to get my butt handed to me :D

Crap Rancho is kinda far away from Huntington Beach...
I will try my best to make it.

joeylol

Smash Cadet
i guess ill come:) maybe with danny as my partner since mango dosnt like coming to this tourney.......and if danny dosnt come...i might need a partner

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
i guess ill come:) maybe with danny as my partner since mango dosnt like coming to this tourney.......and if danny dosnt come...i might need a partner
I don't blame him for not liking these tournaments. That was dumb when everyone backed out of teams when you two showed up.

joeylol

Smash Cadet
I don't blame him for not liking these tournaments. That was dumb when everyone backed out of teams when you two showed up.
i dont know why he dosnt like it......:dizzy: but i like it a lot the venue its too cool

edit- glen give me a ride lol

joeylol

Smash Cadet
lol think you mean MaNg0.....and nope i dont know why he always says its boring but other then that i really dont know why

joeylol

Smash Cadet
lol i know what was up with that? did everyone really not wanna play because of us? i though mike just told everyone not to enter or something

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Well, people were teaming. I was asking around for a teamate but everyone already had one. Lucky and Mango didn't post that they were coming. They arrived and surprised everyone, and as they walked in the door, people were like, "Aww forget it." Then no one signed up.

The last 2 tournaments were kinda small though. Actually, they were the smallest tournaments since this new thread started.

Top Bottom