• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
The Carl's Jr. near my place still has the Big Carl at $1.99! Also, they have the Famous Star at 99 cents! 818 r@pes!
ok the 99 cent famous stars is pretty impressive

****er I was at school from 8-6 today and when I got on smashboards your carls convo was making me hungry as ****

Adam M!

Smash Lord
but im surprised people [aka atlus] can talk about a stupid fast food place so **** much
i concur with this sentiment

although i am assuming surprised is not used literally, as nothing about this community really surprises me anymore

i guess i'm just used to the little kidness, even if i despise it all the same. i envy you norcalians and your adult folk.

emil, you're right, if the big carl is gonna be $2.50, it needs to have tomatoes. i mean i can get a double quarterpounder at burger king for $1!

by the way, i have underrated burger king for way too long. their apple pies challenge, and may even surpass, mcdonald's, and overall their dollar menu is da best in da business

Adam M!

Smash Lord
i have heard very good things about their fries

have yet to try them, but i am excited to do so

D

Deleted member

BK has the worst COLD fries

no other fast food restaurant seems to have this problem

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
cheeseburgers from bk are legit

i agree with pocky on the fries

festizzio

Smash Champion
anyone know a place with good curly/seasoned fries
You mean like fast food? I think jack in the box is the only place that has them.

Carl's Jr. has crisscut fries, they taste almost the same except you have less seasoning because the fries are so much bigger. Less SA to mass ratio.

Nashun

Smash Ace
If you really like fries, you should eat at Red Robin. They give you as much as you want!

Edit: And they're good and seasoned and I really, really like salt.

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
I want to Denny's yesterday and the Seasoned fries were pretty **** good.
Cost a bit extra to get them though.

And Del Taco Fries are sooooo **** crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. So **** with Ketchup!

festizzio

Smash Champion
Oh wow I can't believe I forgot about Arby's, that is by far my favorite fast food place, even though the closest one to me is like 30 mins away. :( and if you haven't tried them yet, order the garlic fries next time you're at red robin, they kick ***.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli a milli

yeh

man i'm so hungry now

Adam M!

Smash Lord
how do you guys watch your starcraft vids

i want commentary that doesn't suck because if i don't have someone talking about the game i tend to get bored because a lot of pros play really gay and boring styles

it doesn't have to be amazing either, it just can't be awful like rise or moletrap

pockyD

Smash Legend
To: Lovage (since you're not on AIM)

Re: Melee Back Room

Some Guy's MBR Intro Post said:
I am swordgard, #3rd on my local PR in brawl using ice climbers. I am not so much of a melee player though i find both have very similar mechanics in most cases. I also read alot on melee and recently restarted playing the game, but I found out quite soon that my fingers can't follow what my mind tells them to do.

I am here mostly because umbreon saw my argument sin the metaknight ban thread. I am able to accept whenever I am wrong, as being 100% sure of yourself can lead you to believe false knowledge, and knowledge is power. I encourage you all to try and disprove what I state in order to maintain a critical mind, which allows us all to progress towards a better future for the competitive community of smash.

Finally, English is my second language, so bear with me if I am not 100% fluent.
the MBR is a joke, I wouldn't worry about it

edit: I just noticed that this guy isn't in the barlw back room

so he doesn't play melee, he plays barlw, but he's in the melee back room but not the barlw back room

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
I remember some kid who played Brawl came to play Melee.
And he was like, "Woah, I actually can control it. I always thought Melee was like super fast and I wouldn't be able to keep up with my mind."
And then he tried to tell me there was no DI in Melee. And I was like WHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA???!

Top Bottom