• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
i do, next time i see vicious i am purchasing 3rd strike.
i'm going to get a jump on street fighter IV when that comes out too.
If your going to buy 3S, I suggest you also get yourself a stick controller. You'd best learn on the stick rather than the controller b/c tournaments are mostly held using the arcades. However, the only place to really buy a stick is online since it's rare to find them in game stores.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i wanna learn GG also. there is an arcade machine nearby but i dont have enough quarters to learn. and my ps2 just died after having it since launch. =[

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Forget GG. Pick up SF.
Larger (and more mature) community and a higher level of competition.

Besides, GG is really hard to pick up if you don't know how to use the stick.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
I wouldn't say more mature, but definitely larger community. GG is incredibly complex and difficult to pick up. The two are pretty similar in terms of competition. Both games are good, but SF is too
slowwwwww :p jk

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
The community of SF is more mature b/c the game has been around much longer. And the level of competition for SF is greater than GG.

However, GG is much more complex than SF and has a steep learning curve.

But if flashiness, complexity and real competition is what your looking for, MvC2 is by far your best bet.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Oh, I thought you were saying GG was for ****inlittle kids lol. Yeah the 3S competitive metagame is pretty much developed. lol mvc2 :D

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I think Guilty Gear is fing incredible. I would love to train with people and get good at it. I used to play a bit with Bob Money. For those of you going to Zhu's, I'll bring GG:AC if anyone is interested in playing.

embracethe12

Smash Lord
i play melty blood too...
jk lol i know nothing.

someone play me in ANY game. no ones around.
this is how it's gunna be when joe leaves, i'm never going to leave 805 lol D;

replicate

Smash Lord
I'm gonna throw down a john about not being used to your TV
and being worn out from a whole weekend of smash

but you are getting quite good, patrick j. san pablo

EDIT: ^^^^^trick-a$$ *****

Top Bottom