• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

joeplicate

Smash Master
for pivots, learn how to empty pivot

that's the best way you can go about it, really, because you'll learn the mechanics that way

except for some sad people who can't do empty pivots cause their controller's ****ed up (me)

on a related note:
somebody let me use a screwdriver so i can combine the good parts of my 2 mediocre controllers to make 1 super nice one and 1 bad one

D

Deleted member

1/3 of the time i try to moonwalk on the controller oscar lent me i do an empty pivot

SuperRad

Smash Master
i had a realization that almost everything i have trouble doing in melee involves 'complicated' stick movement (ie moonwalking, reverse waveshining with fox, ledge stalling with sheik).

i wonder if there's a way to work on this general skill

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
i had a realization that almost everything i have trouble doing in melee involves 'complicated' stick movement (ie moonwalking, reverse waveshining with fox, ledge stalling with sheik).

i wonder if there's a way to work on this general skill

I feel like that too sometimes.

Maybe if you stop using the C-stick, x/y button and only the control stick for a while, then you'll get used to slight inputs with the Control stick.

I've never actually been able to try this for a long period of time though lol

joeplicate

Smash Master

hahahaha yes

better then johnny's song (ily johnny)

stab:
doing everything with the stick is garbage
actually it's pretty good, but changing the way you do tech skill is ALMOST ALWAYS a really bad idea, especially for long periods of time/"oh it'll b better dis way"

brian you should just focus on one thing at a time to put into your muscle memory
for reverse waveshines with fox, get your fingers used to resetting the control stick to go backwards
with falcon, just practice practice practice your moonwalks
once you have those down, practice your stickywalks/zhu walks (my name for it is "boardwalking" lol). you wanna learn the mechanics of the game while you learn your tech skill.

just work on each individual stick movement one at a time, that's the only way to get them all down pat. there's no one-size-fits-all solution to having a slow thumb

Kira-

Smash Champion
blast insane clown posse for 4 hours straight and see how he feels then

(hint: put headphones on and listen to something else so you dont have to listen)

emerican

Smash Ace
just work on each individual stick movement one at a time, that's the only way to get them all down pat. there's no one-size-fits-all solution to having a slow thumb
agreed. i used to think there was no way my hands could be fast enough to play fox, then gradually you develop a finesse or rhythm to achieve the same technical goals..

basically, practice makes perfect. you gotta play a LOT
edit: i wanna play some fkn smash!!!!

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
practice one thing at a time, and try to figure out why you are messing up

sometimes your brain will confuse 2 similar muscle memories and you have to train it to recognize the subtle differences

joeplicate

Smash Master
i wonder if i should buy a new white controller

actually first i'll get a triwing to combine my 2 silvers into a supercontrol

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
If I had a tri-wing screwdriver and had a clue how to use it, I bet I could make at least two fully functional controllers out of my five old ****ty ones.

joeplicate

Smash Master
i just ordered a triwing from amazon

i don't wanna get it in 2011 from korea and have it be a normal phillips

on that note, amazon recommended the new autechre album to me so i went and torrented it
it's nearly done, i seriously think it took like all of 5 minutes
good **** ucsc internet

MacD

Banned via Administration
you can torrent at school? we have to log onto cisco so it knows we have up to date virus software, and if we torrent stuff they'll catch us and fine us :(

joeplicate

Smash Master
same here

cisco is balls but they don't catch you unless it's pretty bad, they don't really "monitor" the internet that closely

like my roommate torrented ~50 big name movies or something and all he got was a warning

MacD

oh wow, well i wasn't sure but i didn't want to try

risk > reward for sure

that's still crazy, i thought they'd hella get up on you

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i torrent a lot here

except vdcn internet is terrible

so your dl speed are around 100 - 200 kb/s

and we can't forward ports lol

D

Deleted member

my school has threatened to give us 2,500 dollar fines and gave us spyware to track our torrents

so most people megaupload it downloading fake file name files

MacD

i torrent a lot here

except vdcn internet is terrible

so your dl speed are around 100 - 200 kb/s

and we can't forward ports lol
yea vdcn i figured was maybe ok because we don't have to use cisco, but i wasn't sure

but when i had to download something, i think the new flash player, it started at like 200+, then a few seconds later fell to 150, then 100, then 60, then ended at like 20 a second so my small file would take like over an hour to download... i was like really?

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
isn't school internet just one big giant connection distributed among many people?
i know ours is 100mbps (i think ~12,000KB/s?)
so it probably changes because people on the network are eating it up

hate your schoolmates

Lovage

Smash Hero
yessss we **** at cs
good sht JOHNNY for his maniac strats that ***** in that unwinnable round <333333 raaaaaaaaaape

Top Bottom