• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

Jun.

Smash Lord
I think the most important aspect of the game is setups. It doesn't matter if you have crazy execution on combos if you can't close the gap or can't mix up your opponent. Just like in smash, if you watch the best players, its their movement and trickery that makes them so dangerous.

Very closely related to setups are assists. One of the most ridiculous things in the game IMO is Sentinel's drone assist which is almost as useful as him as a character. For example my point is Magneto who has very long and damaging strings but he has a horrible issue with getting close to the opponent. If you just call Sentinel's assist at the right time, almost every character can approach so safely its stupid. Or the exception is that your character has a teleport I guess.

Also, Dorammu's DHC traps the enemy in a lot of things getting them hit by things which would have otherwise not hit them.

And there is my team. Magneto as point, Dorammu as chipper/keepaway, Sentinel as anchor.
Pretty damn stupid.

Kira-

Smash Champion
hey so that game Skullgirls actually looks like a really legit game and not like that other game where the whole point is to wish that you were married to one of the girls

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Anyone else find it weird that their actually giving us bump warnings now if a thread hasn't received posts in a while?

MLG is a bunch of ****tards.

Everyone should just move to all is brawl gah.

embracethe12

Smash Lord
dave was talking about skullgirls

marvel doesn't have a no infinite system (even if thats what they wanted), just combo hitstun depletion which does not apply to moves that have set hitstun akumas tatsu/captains SS/ probably some other snit they'll find out
marvel with a no-infinite system lol
!

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I just can't get into MvC3. I've heard that top players have mixed feelings about the game and I can see why.

It feels as if every character deals too much damage from basic [easy] combos. And X-factor is probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a fighting game. Ever. Have you guys seen a lvl 3 X-factor Chun?? That ***** moves so fast lol.

Am I being a scrub or do some of you guys feel the same way?

Atlus8

Smash Master
I just can't get into MvC3. I've heard that top players have mixed feelings about the game and I can see why.

It feels as if every character deals too much damage from basic [easy] combos. And X-factor is probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a fighting game. Ever. Have you guys seen a lvl 3 X-factor Chun?? That ***** moves so fast lol.

Am I being a scrub or do some of you guys feel the same way?
Honey, you ain't kidding!

MvC3 had the potential of being a great game, but it has stup!d ****

1. X-Factor!
2. Combo execution is d@mn easy!
3. Unable to tech those d@mn OTG combos! (Seriously, those combos just go on forever!)
4. X-Factor!

MvC3 was a big let down for me! I don't think I'll be getting in the competitive scene for this one! Hell, I can see myself going into the SSFIV scene, which is just sad! The only things I'm looking forward to now are SFxTekken and the next GG! I think the next GG is the make or break for new school fighting games! Aksys has a HUGE opportunity right here! With fighting games now being catered to the more casual gamer, it can probably bring the ONE game that hardcore gamers have been waiting for!

Brian

Smash Journeyman
my two cents are worth hardly that
but here they are
it seems like a fun game
that's kinda busted
it's still fairly competitive it seems like, but i guess only time can tell that.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Marvel 3 looks fun but it's too frustrating from a competitive view. I don't think I've been this frustrated from losing at a game since Brawl....

I'm with Miguel on this one. I'm mainly hyped for SFxT but god knows when that ****s coming out. Eh... guess I'm just gonna be sticking with AE until then.

I did, and I saw you, but I was in a very in depth conversation Mccain.
Tsk Tsk

D

Deleted member

mvc3 is fun while you're ******

which aint hard hella noobs ay that ****, even some of the pros are **** at it

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
adding a burst would make things a little better imo

LuCKy

Smash Master
Honey, you ain't kidding!

MvC3 had the potential of being a great game, but it has stup!d ****

1. X-Factor!
2. Combo execution is d@mn easy!
3. Unable to tech those d@mn OTG combos! (Seriously, those combos just go on forever!)
4. X-Factor!

MvC3 was a big let down for me! I don't think I'll be getting in the competitive scene for this one! Hell, I can see myself going into the SSFIV scene, which is just sad! The only things I'm looking forward to now are SFxTekken and the next GG! I think the next GG is the make or break for new school fighting games! Aksys has a HUGE opportunity right here! With fighting games now being catered to the more casual gamer, it can probably bring the ONE game that hardcore gamers have been waiting for!
looool glad to see you feel the same miguel. im so let down by this game :[ i really was planing on playing this **** countless hours a day. the only reason i even still wanna get better is because danny ***** my **** so hard >.> i hate getting ***** by danny more then i dislike this game. so until i only lose to him . . .i gotta get better LOL

Charoo

Smash Champion
hey guys

I finally got back in the groove and Imma host melee again at least once a month so I hope every1 can make it.

if it makes u feel any better, i wont be hosting brawl for a while due to time and equipment.

other games are mvc3, ssf4, bbcs,

later on: ssf3ds, mk9

see u guys there

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=299623

Brian

Smash Journeyman
Marvel 3 looks fun but it's too frustrating from a competitive view. I don't think I've been this frustrated from losing at a game since Brawl....
My experience is limited to playing against my equally sub-mediocre friends that don't play really gay... So far most of my frustration comes from my own **** ups. It seems like mid-high level play could be extremely frustrating with true top level play being fairly rewarding. I think it's too early in the game's life to tell for sure (and something as simple as a patch to x-factor could really tip the scales I guess), but for now I think it'll be a game that lives competitively because it's new and 'exciting', not because it's a particular strong competitive game.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Aksys has got to drop the 2D hand drawn models and get them 3D sprites in! Regardless of the accessibility for new players to pick up a game, 2.5D is the best way to go if they want to appeal to the audience today! That was one of the main reasons BB didn't have such a big impact in the tourny scene! The models look pretty d@mn nice, but people are spoiled these days and they aren't gonna look twice at something like that! If they took everything that is in GGXXAC and upgraded it to look like SFIV then I can guarantee you that it is going to bring a new wave of players!

bbb

Smash Champion
if aksys made a new GG it would suck anyways

and holy **** why would you want them to make it 2.5D that **** is so lame and really takes away from all the cool things games used to do with their sprites

Atlus8

Smash Master
if aksys made a new GG it would suck anyways

and holy **** why would you want them to make it 2.5D that **** is so lame and really takes away from all the cool things games used to do with their sprites
I agree, hand sprites are much better, but people these days don't care for that anymore! They want more up-to-date look in their games, which is why Capcom went that direction with SFIV and MvC3!

2.5D can work great if the developers made the game for the more experienced players! Since Aksys said that making games easier for new players is the way to go, a new GG would very much suck! If Aksys is gonna stick with what they said, then fighters are pretty much going down the s#!+ I hope they don't, cause they have the biggest opportunity here to bring it back!

bbb

Smash Champion
I'm not sure I agree that people prefer 2.5d over sprites

I think people mainly play those games because thats all there is right now

the reason BB isn't popular is because it isnt street fighter, GG wasn't that popular for pretty much the same reason

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
my favorite style of animation so far was king of fighters 2010(?) the newest one. So pretty. also reading that GG post is pretty disheartening @__@

apparently the people that play GG are too old to be playing, and they want to make the games completely easier, just liek everyone else.

sigh

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
What are some first person shooters that are "technical?"

I heard Counter Strike is technical. How so?

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
it's just overall more fast paced than your average shooter, and learning to always get head shots takes precision, headshots are required. there's also some tactics like crouch-hopping to make you move faster/harder to shoot, though i dunno if they fixed that.
and by counter strike they [should] mean 1.6.

i'll compare a 1.6 montage to a cod one, you can most likely clearly see it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um6kP7v6HlU cs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzd4LGAXRA4 cod

it's weird to say cs is 'technical' though, i guess i dunno what technical really implies

Top Bottom