• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

HugS™

Smash Lord
LoL you guys are ******s

My eyes are red after every match, and I was mad at losing.

I have NEVER cried at a tournament. LOOOL *****es...

Exaggerating *** mother ****ers, acting like I really sat down and cried next to that girl.

Lol eat a ****.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
wow man thats pretty cool. its nice to see what talents people have outside of smashing. im gonna save the final fantasy one on my phone:) if you got any other art works link me up.
For a DS, just buy a flash cart. There, you hacked it.

Hey, SoCal should consider coming to CO two weeks after Genesis. We're gonna have something liek Devastation goin' on. If any of you play lame-*** Brawl, there's a bare minimum of $500 going into the pot. More as more people sign up, plus however much the players chip in by paying pot fee (I think). Plus, it's a video game convention, with liek, panels, guest speakers, and all that hype ****.

EDIT: Melee will be there, of course.

So yeah, you guys should think about coming. :D

FF:MQ was epic when I was like... 5. Doesn't make it epic now.

Well, it does, actually. My bad. XD

I dunno, I feel like FF7 was both overhyped and rushed. A lot of things feel incomplete about that game. Personally, I rank the FF main series as follows:

6, 9, 1, 8, 10, 7, 4, 3, 5, 2. 11 is an MMO and as such, is an exception. 12 is terrible. I love the world and the characters are alright, but the combat system seriously made that game unplayable for me.

Obviously, which games are good is normally a matter of opinion.

Except for Bubsy 64 and FF6. Worst and best game ever, respectively.
lol ya man of course your entilited to your opinion i respect that. one thing we can agree on that 12 was so horrible. i thought the same thing about the combat system.i was like this **** aint final fantasy.i bought it and took back the next day and demanded my money back. the dudes at gamestop luaghed and told me im like th 15th person to bring that game back lol. actualy im playing the older one now #3 and its pretty good. i will try 6 in the near future. 10 was pretty fly too minus the exception of the world map(i thought it was lame you cant get lost rolf).

festizzio

Smash Champion
i dont want that big *** thing for ds lol . . .when will dsi be hackable?

n hmmm ty festizzio lol right now my psp is broken. . . because i turned it off while someone tried to update it T__T *tried to save my homebrew *****
the pandora battery is meant for fixing "bricked" psp's like yours, as well as installing custom firmware. That link I gave you should have a tutorial somewhere on how to do it, you might need another psp though.

when i hack nicaboy's psp i'll fix yours as well

joeplicate

Smash Master
that technique sounds like it's only actually useful with falco

plus I guess if you miss you can waveland anyways, neat

any use for fox other than stupid AR shield pressure that I can't do anyways?

nicaboy

Smash Champion
do you enjoy belittling for the fact that i can never do something like that:(.
good **** though. falco looked pretty good. you should do one of kurama from yuyu hakusho. that guys is mad cool.

FF12 is not that bad its just the combat system that needs to adjust
yes it is THAT bad. wtf you think your doing the majority of the game?i dont care how good the story line is if i was intrested in that i would go read a manga or a book!!!

Lovage

Smash Hero
that technique sounds like it's only actually useful with falco

plus I guess if you miss you can waveland anyways, neat

any use for fox other than stupid AR shield pressure that I can't do anyways?
well i think the general idea is that this is the fastest way to get on top of a platform. could you chase people into uair after usmash? probably not. it takes away the landing lag of wavelanding (10F iirc) and puts you in a good position to be mobile or pressure

i love final fantasy
my favorite are 6,4 and 9.
6 and 4 are pretty much agreed on as being very good. 9 is take it or leave it, i personally like it, but it isn't an amazing game. 7 is very good, but overrated as **** and the fans make you like it less. same with 8, its a decent game but anyone who likes it says its the best JRPG ever made. (ATLUS) pretty annoying.

i think 10 is underrated. ****ty voiceacting, bad plot, mostly bad character design, but very good leveling system (sphere grid) amazing battle system, good difficulty (seymour fights) and like always, great music. 12 is really average. if they took the world/story from 12 with the gameplay from 10 it would be a much better game.

i think it goes without saying tactics is for sure the best of the "final fantasy" series. in my eyes nothing comes close to tactics, and it's one of my favorite games of all time. and no one can forget mystic quest. that game is DOPE. **** the haters

joeplicate

Smash Master
show me videos of this shine land

it's basically just a platform-cancelled shine, right?
or like, with doc's uair
I forget what it's called

someone make videos plz

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i love final fantasy
my favorite are 6,4 and 9.

9 is take it or leave it, i personally like it, but it isn't an amazing game.
Agreed; I know it isn't the best, but god ****, do I love it (or at least, it's the first non-Smash game I've enjoyed this much for a loooong time)

bbb

Smash Champion
hey, thats uncle cid to you

now this is what I call going out with a bang! HAW HAW HAW!

LuCKy

Smash Master
the pandora battery is meant for fixing "bricked" psp's like yours, as well as installing custom firmware. That link I gave you should have a tutorial somewhere on how to do it, you might need another psp though.

when i hack nicaboy's psp i'll fix yours as well
wtf festizzio. . .comin wit it lol i could probably get my hands on a old school psp but does the version matter? . . . id rather pay you to do stuff for me then figure it out cuz im lazy n stuff >.>

i just want old school nes n snes games on a psp lol

festizzio

Smash Champion
wtf festizzio. . .comin wit it lol i could probably get my hands on a old school psp but does the version matter? . . . id rather pay you to do stuff for me then figure it out cuz im lazy n stuff >.>

i just want old school nes n snes games on a psp lol
i can just do it for you the same time i do nica's at the next tournament i go to

and kaostar, a lot of us really like guilty gear and strive to get better at it, it's amazing haha. wouldn't really say there's a "scene" for it though, at least not within the smash community

Fungus Amongus

Smash Apprentice
****ty voiceacting, bad plot, mostly bad character design
character design and plot are what makes good RPGs good RPGs for the most part

but very good leveling system (sphere grid)
it was good but way too easy, just like the battle system (Swapping characters w/ no penalty was lol). dunno how that game gave you any trouble

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
speaking of cool games

im doing a pokemon platinum challenge with my friend

my kabutops can hit everything within our ruleset for neutral damage, except poliwrath

without knowing that, hes going to have a poliwrath :urg:

oscar dont tell him lol

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
character design and plot are what makes good RPGs good RPGs for the most part
QFT

As far as challenging RPG's go, the Tales series are ridiculously addicting and very, very challenging if played at the highest difficulty (especially if you're new to the series).

I'm playing Tales of Vesperia atm.

araknophobik

Smash Master
mango i never thought id say this
but you need to be more like alex
and host a series of tournaments
based on points with large venue's that'll attract all WC to attend
that you don't enter in

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Tales of abyss and symphonia was really good. I enjoyed it. The tales serious is good over all. Plus they have replay value.

Final fantasy 10 leveling system was IN my opinion a more complicated way to level up. 7 were the best between predetermined stats and materia. ****ing love it. Lol imagine have yuna go through auron's grid. She would be like a one women team.

Oh ya wasn’t 8 system pretty easy? I think it was no matter where you go the enemies are some where near your level.

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
I haven't played any final fantasy past 7
where is your childhood lol jk

QFT

As far as challenging RPG's go, the Tales series are ridiculously addicting and very, very challenging if played at the highest difficulty (especially if you're new to the series).

I'm playing Tales of Vesperia atm.
Tales are extremly challenging unless you have four human's playing that's why i dislike the legendia or whatever its called it wasn't hard and the plot sucked thats just my view though

Top Bottom