• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
do u remember tom-paul99?

i didnt think so. he was the only person to capture hugos sick ganon on tape.

hugo made sure he was never seen nor heard from again.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I remember a few months ago some one posted an optical illusion about a woman's silhouette twirling around and stumbled upon this today.

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman
holy crap that looks so wierd

its like 1 of the bodies is spinning the opposite direction

edit: wait i dont get the illusion anymore

the girl on the left and right spin opposite directions

thats not an illusion lol

double edit: the middle girl just switches legs sometimes

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
no.the middle gif is the original one. its always the same. someone illustrated the left and right ones to show how it can look like it is rotating in either direction.

if you look at it and try to ignore the colors they are the same gif

embracethe12

Smash Lord
yeah i remember that gif

if you look at just the legs, the silhouettes make them look like they're all going the same direction
if you look at the upper body it's obvious they're not

just scroll so that you can see only half of the top or bottom

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
hugo's joke of a ganon
ill mm it with my marth

i tried to call you today hugo cuz i was thinking of driving to scsa and wanted to know if i had enough time to make it to doubles
when i switched to verizon i lost most of smashers #'s but for some reason i had yours and zhu's still in there (zhu's was kind of a wrong # tho)

HugS™

Smash Lord
Nothing much dude.

I still gotta send you the links I have so you can all make my video. I've been working on some sick new 2 hit combos, where the 2nd hit isn't usually a guarantee.

Oh, and question boback, will my DBR combo video be of my Samus or my Ganon? I ask because people wanna know.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
holy crap that looks so wierd

its like 1 of the bodies is spinning the opposite direction

edit: wait i dont get the illusion anymore

the girl on the left and right spin opposite directions

thats not an illusion lol

double edit: the middle girl just switches legs sometimes
no u. the funny thing is that if you consecutively look left and middle, then middle and right, then it looks like they're only doing a 180 angle spin.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I think you guys are forgetting that this is the same Ganondorf that defeated the one and only Mexican after Samus couldn't handle Donkey Kong.

Zolios

Smash Apprentice
I posted on that HugS vs. Romeo vid a year ago lol

It was thumbs downed.

I deserved it because it was a gay *** comment with a gay *** name.

I want to play in SoCal tournies :[

Obligatory ahh ****

joeplicate

Smash Master
that gif of the spinning lady is bull****

the one on the right seems like, if she's spinning that way, then her foot goes the opposite way

Kira-

Smash Champion
@ mccain

wow that first stock was AWESOME

yeah you're right overall but lets keep in mind that this is mango's fox, shall we? :)

idk if i agree with that statement lol
what kirbyraeg said

absolutely no way you could argue that armada DIDNT get ***** the match i linked

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
iirc mango's commentating of this match at dunskies was:

"uh uh uh uh uh awwwwwww uh uh uh uh uh raaaaape awwwww"

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Any one live in San Diego and want to beat up a Senator in melee over the weekend? I'll be there most of the weekend and would like to finally play some of you guys.

MacD

Banned via Administration
yes it was, but i think since it was friendlies armada tried to always punish mango's shield pressure out of shield, i mean he never rolled once, probably assuming if mango and him played it'd be better

also i've heard there are no foxes that can shield pressure like that in europe (then again i've never seen that crazy stuff either) or something about they don't have many if any really good foxes, i think zgetto is the best or soemthing if i remember

either way mango is too good, god dam it, how'd he get so good

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman
that gif of the spinning lady is bull****

the one on the right seems like, if she's spinning that way, then her foot goes the opposite way
nah dude im 100% sure the girl on the left and right are always spinning opposite directions

the girl in the middle switches legs and directions so she synchronizes with one of the side ones.

the transition is pretty well so you can barely see when she switches her leg. It's really good editing. But ya the middle one does switch legs i'm completely positive.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
The one in the middle isn't switching at all; the illusion is that when we see a certain type of silhouette move, it's ambiguous which rotational direction it's spinning. It could be clockwise (like the first illustration points out) or it could be counterclockwise (like in the third illustration). The middle one isn't switching directions, it's just your mind alternating between the clockwise and counterclockwise rotations.

If you cover up the first illustration and just look at the other two, they'll sync up perfectly. If you cover up the third one, then the first two will sync up. The shadow of the first and third do sync up, but because they have more defined features (and aren't silhouettes any longer), the illusion isn't the same. Just your mind playing tricks on you.

Top Bottom