• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
No i get that there a videos of players beating players. I still think that marth wins the matchup though.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Imo Falcon beats Marth but does it really matter? The only reason people care about matchups is so they can john about losing

I like what Brendan said about it

Marth is FINE vs everyone lol

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
yeah. like i love matchups and tier lists as much as the next guy, but all it really comes down to is it fine or not. also included is hard (but fine.)

Lovage

Smash Hero
ya marth ***** falcon

at low levels its prolly falcons favor
once marth learns to DI its even
once marth learns to recover perfectly and gimp perfectly its marths favor

falcon beats marth on-stage
marth beats falcon off-stage

Marth and Falcon both start on-stage though, giving Falcon the advantage.

this is ********

Adam M!

Smash Lord
i agree it feels like marth ***** falcon

falcon cant approach

and marth is fine v sheik, 45/55

bbb

Smash Champion
falcon gets ***** because I play him and I know what that side of the match up is like and it's gay

thats why I lose

falcon sucks not me

D

Deleted member

Falcon beats Marth on Dreamland,FD, any counter-pick stage. Marth gets fuked on Rainbow Cruise

Even~ on Battlefield

Disadvantage/gay on Yoshis and Fountain

Not really that bad of a matchup but Marth isn't very approachable and camping Marth back is boring. I think optimally Marth can just sit back and smack Falcon away everytime he approaches and can just sit there and Falcon can't do anything. Most Marths don't do this or they mess up/get outplayed though since most marths suck

Combos only work if opponent fuks up DI-ing (not DI-ing down and away)

least favorite matchup cuz it has potential to be gayyy

Adam M!

Smash Lord
i think marth is fine on dreamland (see azen) cuz he can live for a v v long time

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
i prefer using marth on falcon than peach or sheik
those utilts do wonders for the matchup

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Yeah but so can everyone else, and his lack of ability to outright kill at med-high percent is magnified on that stage.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Larry vs Remen 2

Larry ur sooooo good

this is one example of why stocks dont matter in a game.. larry ***** him but it was close

this is why we tell noobs to not be like, "I only got 1 stocked by SS!"

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Larry didn't in any way **** him... wtf? And I'm pretty sure that's not why we tell noobs not to bring up stocks when asked if they lost.

Why the **** am I ranked?

Adam M!

Smash Lord
kouryuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ur taking my spot on the rankings, the obligatory "this guy aint good enuff to be ranked but thurr aint no one else whos done ****"

Yeah but so can everyone else, and his lack of ability to outright kill at med-high percent is magnified on that stage.
i think marf that dis well lives better than any character in the game except for MAYBE peach (id STILL pick marf cuz im ******) cuz hes floaty wit priority.

marth can always gimp falcon/sheik/fox/falco at any time, knawmsayin. even peach if ur m2k.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Larry didn't in any way **** him... wtf? And I'm pretty sure that's not why we tell noobs not to bring up stocks when asked if they lost.

Why the **** am I ranked?
Larry ***** him =D

especially cause Remen is a top fox in Europe and Larry is our unknown secret weapon

also must i really explain why you're ranked? you went to two tournaments, i'm sure you remember all your matches

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
adam was the one who told me that in marth vs peach, marth lives longer

we all had a good chuckle after that one
C'mon Mccain, use your head.

If the Marth's spacing is on point, what little hits Peach is going to squeeze in isn't going to kill him any time soon. Coupled with good DI, Marth is going to live longer. Not much Peach can do about it. When Peach is living longer than Marth, it usually means the Marth is ****ing up hard.

Marth is definitely the hardest character for Peach to hit.

Larry ***** him =D

especially cause Remen is a top fox in Europe and Larry is our unknown secret weapon

also must i really explain why you're ranked? you went to two tournaments, i'm sure you remember all your matches
Nah, Larry didn't **** him.

Out of curiosity, how reluctant was the PR to put me on the rankings? I mean, I suck lol.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Marth isn't terribly hard to edgeguard though; once he loses his jump, if you bait the fair or airdodge coming down, or force him to up B onto the stage, he's done or at least taking more damage and is most likely off the stage still. And aside from a tipper and utilt, which aren't the easiest things to land, Peach will kill faster. You can survive a non-tipped fsmash on DL64 at like 170%. Peach nair will kill 20-30% before that. Not to mention that on DL64 especially, you can just recover high against him all day. Marth can't really do that; he has to win the priority battle back to the stage, and while he has really good priority, he's much more predictable in the air coming back than he is on the stage.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
marth is hard to edge guard cuz he can always make the corner of the stage or sweetspot the ledge in a multitude of ways. because you always have to be on the lookout for the latter he can get on the stage when you totally cover that and just take the hit, DI it and come back close enough to the stage to return safely.

and marth can tip peach via grab until ~90% with good high, and higher w/ bad. peach nair won't kill til like 150-160% and marth can tech platforms w/o peach able to follow up effectively.

spacing dog. if marth keeps his spacing in the air fair, dair, nair or forward b outprioritize anything you can do.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Yeah of course Marth has the spacing advantage, but he needs to because if he loses it, he's in more trouble than other characters, especially compared to Peach. Marth on the ground has tons of mobility and unpredictability. Marth returning to the stage in the air doesn't, he just has to hope his fair (or whatever) hits. And if Marth doesn't get those tip kills or edgeguards before high %, it's just going to be a battle of attrition, which Peach is much better at. I still don't think Peach wins vs Marth on DL64 but I definitely think it's Marth's worst neutral against her.

MacD

Banned via Administration
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm8KUKEE5Rk

armada loses first stock at 188, m2k loses first stock at 187
armada loses 2nd stock at 178 (tippered), m2k dies at 113 because of edge guarding
armada dies from tipper at 136, m2k dies at 130 cause of some (i think surprising) WC DI
armada has 177 last stock and m2k is a noob and dies at 92 from dash attack

granted that is only one match on FD but still

Lovage

Smash Hero
i would be interested in an aggregate percent for every character (in every matchup) for when they die. like someone would go thru every tournament match in the last year and average out all the percents when people die. so you could say, fox dies at an average of 113 against falco or something.

that would be cool

Top Bottom