• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Power Rankings (October 28, 2007)- Will the update ever happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMW

Smash Apprentice
Just a thought...

you should do money matches for oc3 that way everyone benefits =). Help rickety raise more money from sd.
you know you should probably do that as well mr. mana, im should you would rack up quite a bit of MM's. im sure people want to play you, you're infamous. By the way, i noticed your title was "lol" so maybe you were just joking, but hey a good idea is a good idea even in jest.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Woo! I hope San Diego has a good showing at Nexus :]

Let's get another SD smasher on this list :]

Edrees, Azn Lep... Bone? Zack? Jon? Romeo? :] :] :]

$BONE$

Smash Ace
I'm sure someone will put up a tourney on the 12th, there has not been a tourneyless weekend in like 2 years.

I'll MM you bones, i heard ur pretty good.
i wanted to mm you at a biweekly i went to but, after i saw your mm with kyles falco.. i kind of lost hope.. then beat him in tournament and realized how much of an idiot i was for ever assuming that. LOL. vegassux.

annnyways. i'll insist on a MM myself-- your Ganon & Samus. if wolf is going to be there i'd mm him also. along with anyone below #10 in the power rankings. (this applies to norcal also)

Knivez

Smash Ace
you know those power rankings are somewhat off right?

There are people not in the top 10 who might be better than some in the top 10.

Anyways, the only one thats gonna beat hugs is me, so wait your turn. ^_^
He's the last of the Mohicans (superfriends) who hasnt gotten a deepsocal special yet.

Mark my words, his day will come when i can say GG ***** and have him sulk like the early bird in the flowering plateau who cannot cry of freedom and hope. And yet to him, the truth of the matter is, i know why the caged bird sings.
Maya Angelou looks like Hugs if you're wondering where that came from.

nublet06

Smash Lord
i wanted to mm you at a biweekly i went to but, after i saw your mm with kyles falco.. i kind of lost hope.. then beat him in tournament and realized how much of an idiot i was for ever assuming that. LOL. vegassux.

annnyways. i'll insist on a MM myself-- your Ganon & Samus. if wolf is going to be there i'd mm him also. along with anyone below #10 in the power rankings. (this applies to norcal also)
i like money matches >.<

plus im 7 spots below 10. thats A LOT.

JMW

Smash Apprentice
you know those power rankings are somewhat off right?

There are people not in the top 10 who might be better than some in the top 10.

Anyways, the only one thats gonna beat hugs is me, so wait your turn. ^_^
He's the last of the Mohicans (superfriends) who hasnt gotten a deepsocal special yet.

Mark my words, his day will come when i can say GG ***** and have him sulk like the early bird in the flowering plateau who cannot cry of freedom and hope. And yet to him, the truth of the matter is, i know why the caged bird sings.
Maya Angelou looks like Hugs if you're wondering where that came from.
hey wait a minute there knivez how dare you insult the great and ranked third on the rankings Maya Angelou. She will 4 stock you with her poems, wisdom, and stories of overcoming shine combos and spikes.

As for the rankings i have to say i agree there are some people on that list that i believed would place higher. im shocked at the changes how some individuals who have been there for a while have dropped so much or maybe even jumped up a couple of places while those who were above/below them have little change or none.

nublet06

Smash Lord
i love it how our power rankings are just about the only honorable ones left. all of the other ones are pretty sad to look at.

please promise me that you guys never rank ken as "0" or take him off the list. why the heck would someone make an 11 man list? ranking the 1st best as 0.....and 11th best as 10th? i guess people want to feel one number better about themselves? I thank you socal panelists.

please continue to take time with moving people up the list. i do think we could move a little faster but im happy we dont see the amazing fluctuations like on the other lists. i remember when i played a young link player "hanki" at AZone he was ranked 5th in Arizona or something like that. they updated the list a week later and he wasnt even on it. what the hell do i get credit for? beating 5th best in arizona or a nobody? i also look at washington where somebody beat sastopher 2 times and moved up to first immediately. lol thats just silly. again....i thank you socal panelists.

and of course we have the coolest looking list. its like.....black and stuff.....with white text and colored arrows. plus its got the coolest players on it. It was also the only list that was actually funny on april 1st. thank you socal panelists.

our list really isnt looked at as "this guy is better than this guy so he is above him". i look at it as 1-25 are really good players that you should watch out for....and the guys at the top have been doing it longer than the people at the bottom and are highly respected for it. thank you socal.

i love it how our power rankings are just about the only honorable ones left. all of the other ones are pretty sad to look at.

please promise me that you guys never rank ken as "0" or take him off the list. why the heck would someone make an 11 man list? ranking the 1st best as 0.....and 11th best as 10th? i guess people want to feel one number better about themselves? I thank you socal panelists.

please continue to take time with moving people up the list. i do think we could move a little faster but im happy we dont see the amazing fluctuations like on the other lists. i remember when i played a young link player "hanki" at AZone he was ranked 5th in Arizona or something like that. they updated the list a week later and he wasnt even on it. what the hell do i get credit for? beating 5th best in arizona or a nobody? i also look at washington where somebody beat sastopher 2 times and moved up to first immediately. lol thats just silly. again....i thank you socal panelists.

and of course we have the coolest looking list. its like.....black and stuff.....with white text and colored arrows. plus its got the coolest players on it. It was also the only list that was actually funny on april 1st. thank you socal panelists.
its not just because he beat him at the last 2 tourneys................
he gives all of us a lot more trouble than sas. with luigi, or any of his other characters even.
get it? you have no idea what goes on in WA?
the last few spots on our rankings now arent there yet because we just hadnt updated in so long, so we put the ones up that mattered for now.

forward ***** sas at OC2. forward was nervous to use falco v ka-master. fox too, in their mm. get it? were not bias?

nublet06

Smash Lord
its not just because he beat him at the last 2 tourneys................
he gives all of us a lot more trouble than sas. with luigi, or any of his other characters even.
get it? you have no idea what goes on in WA?
the last few spots on our rankings now arent there yet because we just hadnt updated in so long, so we put the ones up that mattered for now.

forward ***** sas at OC2. forward was nervous to use falco v ka-master. fox too. get it? were not bias?
you have joke placings on your list right now. if you want to come in here and tell me im wrong...maybe you should get rid of those. until then. socal is amazing.

me said:
the last few spots on our rankings now arent there yet because we just hadnt updated in so long, so
were still deciding on those. LIKE I SAID...we hadnt updated it in like 2 months, so we wanted to get the main section of the list out since we got that part solved. 12-15 being dumb doesnt make any of the rest of it false...

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Good luck to the panelists with the wacky recent results. :p

I want your spot Neal! :laugh:

araknophobik

Smash Master
lmfao at romeo going all marth so he can be like knives with /marth on his ranking

and rofl, we were talking about the norcal rankings at denny's and germ said something like "we put isai at 0 because he never tries at singles tournaments only doubles, and then its like anyone in norcal is ever gonna be like "im better than isai"' so its really like its his honorable spot being cemeted after so many years of rapeing norcal

and lmfao at the results, i think my ***** scarface said it best when he said "you only as good as what you come up against, ***** you get what you get"
so many people lose to lower ranked players or even not ranked players, the upsets....
there are like 30+ crazy players in socal, probably impossible to rank properly
oh and boa *****

nublet06

Smash Lord
were still deciding on those. LIKE I SAID...we hadnt updated it in like 2 months, so we wanted to get the main section of the list out since we got that part solved. 12-15 being dumb doesnt make any of the rest of it false...
im simply talking about credibility of lists. if you say you are going to add 12-15 later. that tells me that those players werent good enough to be considered the first time around. maybe 12-15 is just on there to have a nice looking number like 15. why take the list seriously if people who have been around SOOOOO long like sastopher literally get over thrown in no more than 3 tournaments. im only stating my opinions.

when i see isai ranked as 0 i think its disrespectful to isai. when people around the world ask who is number 1 in northern california it would only make sense to say isai. this drops the credibility of the list when i look at it. i cant help thinking that #10 wouldnt actually be in the list and hes only on there because the list was turned in to top 11 by making isai 0. and when i look at silent spectre i think....oh yeah hes not ACTUALLY number one hes number 2. its like putting a big * on the list because its not ACTUALLY true.

my post was made to thank socal panelists for keeping that level of credit. not to bash other lists. the level of respect i see in our list is the one thing that the other regions havent been able to successfully copy. the copy the list.....the format....the april fools jokes. but not the integrity our panelists have. so im only thanking them.

nublet06

Smash Lord
change my main to Falcon/Peach please if im still on the list after u update it. ^^

i used falcon the whole tournament at nexus hehe
shouldnt it be peach/falcon tho? lol your peach is what got you ranked. not falcon. so if your new main is falcon than you might not be ranked aahahah.

lol romeo that marth is garbage get that out of here.

the only time secondaries should be put on the list is when you NEED them for tournaments. for instance i play fox and i think he would be good enough for a lot of the matches i play in. but is there anybody i can beat with fox that i cant beat with my luigi? heck nah. so all my fox is good for is sand bagging, having fun, and money matches.

Romeo: beat knives or a good fox player with marth that normally gives your falcon trouble and then it should be considered.

same for you blitz.

im simply talking about credibility of lists. if you say you are going to add 12-15 later. that tells me that those players werent good enough to be considered the first time around. maybe 12-15 is just on there to have a nice looking number like 15. why take the list seriously if people who have been around SOOOOO long like sastopher literally get over thrown in no more than 3 tournaments. im only stating my opinions.
youre right. someone whos been around so long cant possibly be overthrown. like blair. oh wait.
but sas is a different case? because of what?
its not like theyve only been in 3 tourneys together. itsnot like its just the match up of sas v ka master, and just peach vs luigi. like i said, ppl have no idea what WA is like. get it? no one comes here? w/e think what you want.

just because sas is in #2 doesnt mean that hes a set level behind ka-master....ka-master is only slightly better. its not like asas was a set level over him, and ka just leaped over. hes been creeping up on him for the longest now.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
no, *** u.

as long as i used it all tournament and got 7th along wit DCs fox i wanna see Falcon/Marth by my name.

thats what im signing up as next tourney MARTH/FALCON PRO.

evilnemesis beat germ and some other people i think and then i beat him, that right there is concrete evidence and honestly i probably did better with marth than i wouldve with captain.

but blitz though he should stick to peach.

and who has knives beat with his marth???

.......hmm i cant seem to think of anyone.

please shed some light on this situation.

nublet06

Smash Lord
no, *** u.

as long as i used it all tournament and got 7th along wit DCs fox i wanna see Falcon/Marth by my name.

thats what im signing up as next tourney MARTH/FALCON PRO.

evilnemesis beat germ and some other people i think and then i beat him, that right there is concrete evidence and honestly i probably did better with marth than i wouldve with captain.

but blitz though he should stick to peach.

and who has knives beat with his marth???

.......hmm i cant seem to think of anyone.

please shed some light on this situation.
lol i agree i dont think knives should have marth by his name either. lol if marth means that much to you tho you can have it on there. but like i said....all it really is is a sand baggin or "for fun" chaarcter until you beat someone that you couldnt of beaten with your main.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Knivez can beat me with his Marth, does that account for anything? p

SuperRad

Smash Master

lol....

isai as 0 has two reasons:
1) he truely is better then anyone in norcal
2) he refuses to try in norcal tournaments

so the NorCal list is being honest in saying that the way the list works DOES NOT apply to Isai. If people stop trying they move down on the list, but since Isai is far and away an amazing player, moving him down would give the list no integrity.

edit: people have already weighed in on this. whatever, repeating it doesnt hurt.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
Knivez can beat me with his Marth, does that account for anything? p
no noob you guys play alot.

lol i agree i dont think knives should have marth by his name either. lol if marth means that much to you tho you can have it on there. but like i said....all it really is is a sand baggin or "for fun" chaarcter until you beat someone that you couldnt of beaten with your main.
lol yes he means that much to me.

I think Romeo should have his marth. He did better on me with Marth than with his Falcon. I wish he had gone falcon =[
calllm down you do not wish it, but i agree i probably did better than i wouldve wit falcon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom