• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Power Rankings (October 28, 2007)- Will the update ever happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
lol cool style > camping is like the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

i'd rather be a ***** and win then look cool.

...but either way i suck so who am i to talk.

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
LOL I have to agree with Festizzio on this one.

But my post about "not camping + looking cool" is just a bonus to why I think he is the best Falco in Cali. It's not like those are the reasons why I think he is the best.

The reason why I think Zhu's Falco is overall better is because of his speed and finesse in executing his combos. Just thought of clearing that up lol.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Since when is just beating someone like SS not enough? >_> Doesn't matter how he did it, whether he camped or was all-out offensive, he still won. Forward chooses to camp against good Falcons and that works for him, Zhu chooses to constantly pressure Falcons and that works for him. Different playstyles, but equally effective imo.
I think Zhu is better than Larry and Luigi, I stated that earlier. I just said some of my opinions on what koryuu posted.

EDIT: Wow people are so good at ninja posting.

araknophobik

Smash Master
all 4 falco's are equally good
larry and zhu do really well WC cuz theyre so technical
luigi and falcomist are very smart players and so do extremely well against OOS competition
i didn't see larry or zhu beat wobbles and plarnk like luigi
i didn't see larry or zhu beat sliq or husband like falcomist

p.s. plz don't let SS be the basis of this sort of ranking
falcomist sent SS to losers at SCC
luigi had a close set with him way long ago at ucla II, and that was before he was ranked i believe. not to say SS hasn't gotten better since then (in contrast to pbody's "i beat SS, its not like he got better over the last 3 years") but luigi has gotten way better since then.

and P is right luigi did place 4th beating larry (5) and zhu (7) at best of 07

emerican

Smash Ace
if you say zhu doesnt camp.. you're ****ing ********.

i'll edit with some ss zhu matches where he camps his balls off. zhu can be just as offensive as he is campy.

Miharu

Smash Hero

i'll edit with some ss zhu matches where he camps his balls off. zhu can be just as offensive as he is campy.
camps less than hugs imo, but yes, he camps.

lol @ people talking about zhu like they know how he plays (not directed at emerican and other people who actually know what they're talking about).

too good

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
all 4 falco's are equally good
larry and zhu do really well WC cuz theyre so technical
i didn't see larry or zhu beat wobbles and plarnk like luigi
i didn't see larry or zhu beat sliq or husband like falcomist
and P is right luigi did place 4th beating larry (5) and zhu (7) at best of 07
sorry, but i have to comment on this.

I personally don't see how being technical helps me / larry beat WC unless WC is horrible against technical players or something =/

also, larry and I didn't get a chance to play anyone like wobbles, plaink, sliq or husband. larry didn't get out of pools (death pool) and the only people i played were mike y, cort and lee puff.

also, just to clarify, I never played Luigi at best of 07. i lost to lucky 2-1 and larry 2-1.

i'm glad someone posted this because yes it's dumb to say that I don't camp. i try my best not to camp though, but if i do just sit there and laser, it's because i'm scared ****less to approach you / i don't know what to do.

LuCKy

Smash Master
i still say zhu is the best falco in CALI with larry second......cuz he ***** me 1 in every 2 times we play.....which is pretty good IMO lol

but nah larry has proved him self against a lot of the better players in socal and like zhu said neither of them got to play any of the people that luigi played

araknophobik

Smash Master
I personally don't see how being technical helps me / larry beat WC unless WC is horrible against technical players or something =/

also, larry and I didn't get a chance to play anyone like wobbles, plaink, sliq or husband. larry didn't get out of pools (death pool) and the only people i played were mike y, cort and lee puff.
lmao at you thinking that was a death pool cuz of you edrees and romeo making it out
evilnem's pool was the death pool
it had azen, wobbles, s-royal, champ, and atlus and he got the 2nd seed

and i meant technical inwhich you two do play more technical than falcomist and evilem but their playing seems smarter, which leads them to play harder people and place high

not to say they're better than you two or something, i honestly believe the 4 of you are equal and it depends on who is on/off. cali falco's are ****

all in all i give props to falcomist for placing top 10 at an EC tourny

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
XD
Heya!

LOL SoCal's Peach's posted in a row!
/random

Edit:
i'm glad someone posted this because yes it's dumb to say that I don't camp. i try my best not to camp though, but if i do just sit there and laser, it's because i'm scared ****less to approach you / i don't know what to do.
That's what I like about your playstyle (like I said before, for the sake of clarifying, I don't think camping is stupid). I just find your non-campy style very admirable (not to mention, it makes watching your Falco enjoyable). :)

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Yeah so I wasn't gonna go to the whole Gamestop tourney cuz the rules were kind dumb and I didn't feel like playing with the wiimote, but then I saw this trophy

nintendo somehow thought it was appropriate to send what ever the f*ck this is to every gamestop as a prize trophy to the winner. WOW, freakin amazing. must have.

Note the caption under the.... wrestler/smashbros player? Nice.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
lol i've seen tons of zhu vids, played with him, went up to norcal and saw him play, etc. etc. don't imply like i don't know what i'm talking about without getting the balls to actually call me out on it scrub

(didnt check this thread cuz i knew some idiots would idiot-ify it up, LMAO I love being like 3 days late)

editx2: well since i read the last page, zhu, technical = consistency, you can always overwhelm lesser players with precise tech skill, but you can easily outmindgame yourself against idiots and make it closer than it should be to the point where a little luck determines the outcome of the match more than it otherwise would

festizzio

Smash Champion
Yeah so I wasn't gonna go to the whole Gamestop tourney cuz the rules were kind dumb and I didn't feel like playing with the wiimote, but then I saw this trophy
nintendo somehow thought it was appropriate to send what ever the f*ck this is to every gamestop as a prize trophy to the winner. WOW, freakin amazing. must have.

This makes me so glad my Gamestop's doing a melee tourney instead. >_> :laugh:

seigehyland

Smash Ace

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA...OMG.....thats what ALL smashers look like forreals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom