• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.....Soccer ball?

T-major

Smash Champion
I don't think the size matters, seeing as things are resized for Smash
actually, it does matter in this scenario. they can't label it as a Mario Strikers ball, because it's twice the size that it normally would be (it goes up to Ike's knee!). however, it's the perfect size to be from Animal Crossing, because they are larger then normal in that game.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
actually, it does matter in this scenario. they can't label it as a Mario Strikers ball, because it's twice the size that it normally would be (it goes up to Ike's knee!). however, it's the perfect size to be from Animal Crossing, because they are larger then normal in that game.
As I said, items as well as characters have been resized for Smash. It could be from either series.

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
Of all the guesses, I must say that it is most likely the soccer ball from Animal Crossing.

Lexl5

Smash Journeyman
yeah, it could be anything, AC, SMS, a new item like the homerun bat, or anything. Except for the Megaman one, no offence, but if they're going to use a megaman item, they would have something that you would associate with megaman, not something like this where there are several other series that it could got with.
O_o when was a soccer ball in super mario sunshine?

limitbreak

Smash Ace
I think the soccer balll has somethng to do with mario strikers...
OMGGGGGGGGGGGG SERIOUSLY PEOPLE. ITS A SOCCER BALL. AND WHAT DO YOU DO TO SOCCER BALLS?!?!?! YOU KICK THEM!! SO ONLY KICKING ATTACKS WILL ALLOW IT TO MOVE AND DO DAMAGE!!!

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
its a SOCCER BALL obv~ >.>"""" what it does is the question. im hoping its not like a shell because they have enough of those already. i hope it does something cool altho i dont see what it could possibly do ....its just a ball... If it does act like a shell i hope it will have alot of bounce back like when u thro a star rod just more. its more fun when u can catch it after u throw it at some1 XD.

*Venus

Smash Cadet
OMGGGGGGGGGGGG SERIOUSLY PEOPLE. ITS A SOCCER BALL. AND WHAT DO YOU DO TO SOCCER BALLS?!?!?! YOU KICK THEM!! SO ONLY KICKING ATTACKS WILL ALLOW IT TO MOVE AND DO DAMAGE!!!
Hmm, if I'm not mistaken, i think you take us all for *******, no offence, but I'm sure we all already know that! I hope it settles your spazz attack, and why did you use my post as a quote?

Another thing, the whole reason for this thread is because we saw a soccer ball unfimilar to smashbros, so anyways, good luck to you :)

PS: What makes you so certan that only kicking atttacks will allow it to move and do damage? I'm just wondering

SonicLuigi

Smash Journeyman
either green hill zone or mushroom kingdom
Smart Bomb = Nothing new.
Electrode = Nothing new.
Training mode = Nothing new.
Soccer Ball = 0.o What can do a Soccer Ball? Maybe you throw it to someone, hit his face, bounce it back to you (Mr. Saturn 2) or maybe it can explode LOL... put things together:
Smart Bomb = Boom
Electrode = Boom
Soccer Ball = ......Boom? lol
lol.....nobody knows unless they release a new demo, or show a vid on dojo about it...until then we may never know....

Kirby_M@ster

Smash Ace
My opinion is that the football is simply a generic item, not necessarily from a game. Could be either way, but that's just how I see it.

I see the football as an object somewhat like the fruit in Super Mario Sunshine, able to be kicked/hit away without picking it up first.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I say its an item that can only be knocked around. it's like a bumper that you can run into and send flying into the other character.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Cough Home-Run Bat cough. Why does it have to be from something... ?

Anyway, maybe it's unique in that you can't pick it up. Chi's Finest, I think you're right, although the bumper probably isn't the best analogy, since you CAN pick that up :p

It probably just sits there until you attack it, then it acts as a... Well, a soccer ball, until it hits someone in the face, then bounces back.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
There was also a baseball or was the a smoke bomb, either way...The Soccer Ball is put in because of Strikers...
The strikers ball is NOTHING like a normal soccer ball. Trust me, it's not from that.

I meant a bumper that's already been thrown you silly goose!

*Venus

Smash Cadet
It would be pretty cool if sakuria (I cant spell) made some kind of minigame with it, like 2 goals on ech side of the stage, and you haft to score whilst not letting the other player do the same, t would be pretty fun practice actually lol

Emokirby4

Smash Cadet
7 pages for the soccer ball... you do realize that the Pikachu official thread only has 6 pages? Ball vs. playable character... I shake my head at you.

Paingel

Smash Apprentice
Don't want to turn this into an off-topic argument, but we brought English to you. Why is it called English? LOL!
Brought it? No, we Americans TOOK it from you! And we took 13 of your colonies on top of it. ...In America!

Not only did we beat you up and steal your stuff... BUT after we did so we actually made these things BETTER! ...In America!

Those 13 Colonies were turned into an Empire! That wimpy language you call English was changed into some kind of badass, mutant Americanized English! ...In America!

Take that, Brits!

*inbeforeCanadaandMexicoandallofSouthAmericaisAmerican*

Also.. since there's a Soccer Ball (notfootball) then... maybe there's a Football (American Football, so you guys don't forget where it's from) item too!

VINCE YOUNG CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL!

He'd be able to auto-dodge ANY grabs. It'll be awesome.

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
What if you grabbed it, it stopped time, for you to select the character you want to hit, and then time goes back to normal and your character kicks the ball and it hits the character you chose?

This is nuts but I came up with it.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
What if you grabbed it, it stopped time, for you to select the character you want to hit, and then time goes back to normal and your character kicks the ball and it hits the character you chose?

This is nuts but I came up with it.
I'd rather a quick target system wear you hit one button, except it won't stop time

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
OI! Soccer ball? FIFA Soccer franchise confirmed!!11!
Zidane for Brawl (FS is header)

Nah jk :p

The soccer ball could be a kind of combo item if you have skills to keep kicking the ball.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
SOrry I didn't know the original Strikers ball was a regular one. Sill, I think it''s just a general one. It's not like the Home Run bat is suddenly the one from Mario baseball.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
We never said that and wouldn't because the 2 bats look nothing alike.
I never said anyone said tha, although the bat was mentioned earlier. It's just a regular soccer ball that you kick people! When it gets it own update, it will have a smash logo next to it.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Lovin' it, if it does what I think it should.

Run it to it and rapidly goes flying as if kicked, hits an object, then quickly flies off again until hit again.
It like a pinball effect but much faster, bouncing quickly as over the field. No explosion and low knockback, a simple item. Just a thought.

Soccer ball= genius.

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
I think it is the soccer ball from that one game..............what was it?

Oh ya! I think it was called "Soccer".

Top Bottom