• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's basically officially-sanctioned fan fiction with snazzy graphics. However, it did grow repetitive, since there wasn't much variety (it was basically a Kirby sidescroller clone of rinse-and-repeat enemy-bashing and platforming). I imagine that the repetition and length is what soured the experience for many.

Speaking of fan fiction, when I get a Wii U and Smash U, I intend to make a graphic novel storyline thing by taking in-game pictures and splicing them into comic panels. So look for that in 20XX. ;)
But where's the saucy love triangle between Mario, Luigi, and Mr. Saturn?

Soul.

Actually I think we should all wait for Brawl 3D and see if they buff Falco, Marth, Diddy (:troll:), Dedede and his chain grabs, bring back Ice Climbers (#neverstopclimbing) and Snake. And Sonic.
And Pikachu's old Thunder.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Wait.... really?
Like everywhere else, but recently, it's everywhere in the country. Especially on...you know...just look at the last terrorist attack and you'll understand what religion is mostly hated right now.
There's also the fact that one political party is growing in popularity. Unfortunaly, it's an extremist one, wich pretty much wants to make France leave Europe. And it's known for being extremely racist and homophobic.

So yeah, it's still a minority, but I still find french people racist in some way.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I'm from Britanny. While the country is nice, I don't really like some of the ideas in it. It's probably like this everywhere, so I guess it's just me.
One thing that you need to know : a lot of french people are racist. And it doesn't help with the last terrorist attack (Charlie).
There's apparently a lot of anti-semitism in France, in addition to Islamophobia. Shady business, that is.

What most struck me in my time there is that the French students we hung out with seemed to speak 80% in idioms and expressions (whereas we tended to speak in a patois of Acadian-flavoured Frenglish).

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Like everywhere else, but recently, it's everywhere. Especially on...you know...just look at the last terrorist attack and you'll understand what religion is mostly hated right now.
There's also the fact that one political party is growing in popularity. Unfortunaly, it's an extremist one, wich pretty much wants to make France leave Europe. And it's known for being extremely racist and homophobic.

So yeah, it's still a minority, but I still find french people racist in some way.
Aw man shame... So even if I was a good person I would still be hated because Im black and gay? Aw man that sucks.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I prefer Smash 4 bright cell shade over brawl realistic, over time realistic games start to look dated and dull. I hoping for more modes in the future for smash 4 to make the single player a lot better.

As for Subspace Emissary, it was okey, but after I have seen the story I never had a real reason to play it again.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Like everywhere else, but recently, it's everywhere in the country. Especially on...you know...just look at the last terrorist attack and you'll understand what religion is mostly hated right now.

To be fair, you can find racism anywhere. No country is perfect.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Subspace Emissary was really cool, I dont know why people disliked it
I liked it overall. But the Great Maze just dragged it out further than it needed to be, without adding much to the overall experience in any positive way.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My country (Portugal) doesn't really deal with racism and such, fortunately. At least, it's not noticeable, but of course, it's not nonexistent.

Extremist political parties are minorities and not really taken seriously by the majority of the people. Anti-immigration ideals and such are usually frowned upon.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Not related to Racism but to the No country is perfect bit
You should see some euopeans **** talk America when they are just as bad.... Or Canada. They like to **** talk the US a lot but deep down, they know they are **** just like all of us

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Huh, so much for "égalité, liberté et fraternité"... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
My country has been declared as the most violent in Latin America (and once even the world) where at least 12 homicides happen per day.

We get a lot of backslash and racism.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Aw man shame... So even if I was a good person I would still be hated because Im black and gay? Aw man that sucks.
It's their loss. Those are your two most endearing traits. <3

Antarctica is the best territory, since there are hardly any humans there, and thus record-low presence of racism.

The best countries in the world, from what I've gathered, seem to be northern European nations (Scandinavia, Iceland, Denmark, Netherlands, etc.). They seem to have most of their shiznit together.

D

Deleted member

We're all destined to one day. Even @Flight has done it.
Welp, my avatar is the same thing I made when the calendar year started, just with a different color setup. 4 (3 except the current one I am using) of my icons used in Smashboards feature the Aspyr character. I made one featuring Mario with headphones, but that was just temporary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gumples

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gumples
Does anyone think Brawl is deeper than Smash 4?
Well I know I haven't played Brawl as much as Smash 4 so far, but I think that's the good thing about this series: each game just adds more from the previous one so it's always going to be increased in each series. Or at least, Smash 4 seems like a more complete package.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Not related to Racism but to the No country is perfect bit
You should see some euopeans **** talk America when they are just as bad.... Or Canada. They like to **** talk the US a lot but deep down, they know they are **** just like all of us
I for one blame the the fact that we're basically the younger generation of countries. Those grandpas just can't keep up with us "whippersnappers".

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
People fuss over nonexistent, deliberate divisions. That's humanity, all right.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Kind of a shift in topic (which is, somewhat ironically, per the usual in this thread) but...eh, I'm saying it anyway.

I really don't get it when people say, "lol, PSASBR is like, entirely third party characters." Yeah, even as a fan of PSASBR, I can admit it has issues (just needed a bit more fine tuning in the KO system, IMO), but that's not one of the issues.

There were only five third parties in the game. Roughly 80% were first party, and for Sony, which has less character driven IPs than Nintendo, comparatively, I think that's pretty damn good. Plus the five they added made sense. Bioshock's a very well-known series, so Big Daddy's a cool choice. New!Dante sucks, but eh, DMC is, again, a big series, and I'd blame Capcom moreso for the controversial redesign. The Metal Gear series has always had Playstation association, so Raiden isn't jarring (though Snake's absence is :p ). Heihachi...he's from Tekken. Tekken makes sense to be in a fighting game, for obvious reasons. And Dead Space as a series was a big hit as well, like Bioshock. Even if it wasn't exclusive, it made sense.

Just some food for thought, I guess. PSASBR's roster wasn't bad in the slightest. And the absence of Crash, Spyro, Lara, and Snake can easily come from issues with rights, as they're not owned by Sony anymore (or ever were, in Snake's case).

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Philosophy can be a really interesting subject and can allow you to be more open-minded.

When I had philosophy classes, I greatly liked them and I learned a lot of interesting stuff there. My teacher was pretty good at it and also runs a blog about the subject.

Among other things, I started thinking for myself, questioning about my actions and improved my argumentation skills. It would be really a disservice to say I didn't grow up back then.
I'm just quoting this post to fit the subject, but I got that I was actually LOVING philosophy....without even knowing it!

See, I'm someone who can become EXTREMELY curious. I really want to know why things makes sense like they are and the worst answer I could get would be "because that's just how it is". I really want to search the WHY, not just stopping to the surface.

Now, this is actually why I even got interested in computer science int he first place, but is also the whole reason I even got interested in video game years after I played ssbm (which is the game that spawned my interest). I just love to question stuff, but the best thing is that I eventually got these questions on my own behaviour....oh geez, this IMPROVED SO MUCH MY QUALITY OF LIFE!!!!

Like, take me, I have an adhd which means...I have to pretty much learn how it works by myself (I got lucky to have aid, but the point is the same). I was using philosophy to just think about myself, why do I do stuff like I do now and try to figure out possible answers. After months and some years, I like learned so much about myself that I had the complete control over my adhd....

Which is just fantastic. To know exactly what I should do to improve my life is really helpful. I no longer see the bad side of myself, but really try to benefit from the good.

And the thing is, this reflexion impacted me to improve my thinking. For example, I eventually figured out that manually moving might help concentrating on low concentration task like listening or waiting. My brain tries by eflex, but I might try to force it to improve it.

And A LOT of stuff.

Like, this is why I CAN even do huge post. Not only I'm exhaustive, but I also can gather a lot of stuff by just thinking about it and while others might view some details as "not mattering", it matters more subtly or said details might not mean the same to the others.

Like, this post is even a great example :)

So, combine my previous experience with it and my huge interest for logic (I might even say most of my life interest is in relation to logic), I just love philosophy.

Though, I just don't get why some might bleed from their eyes when they talk about this....philosophy is fun....just make sure to not go infinitely, but you sot of CAN, lol.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I live in Warez, so I know what feels to live in a crappy place, one part of the city is literally taken by narcos
I live in a relatively big town but most of the time is relatively calm. However, crimes are nothing but unheard of; from kidnappings to killings and extortions.

Most crimes and gangs concentrate on the capital city, to the point it's not strange to hear gunfire on something like a simple stroll to the local market.

Gumples

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gumples
Kind of a shift in topic (which is, somewhat ironically, per the usual in this thread) but...eh, I'm saying it anyway.

I really don't get it when people say, "lol, PSASBR is like, entirely third party characters." Yeah, even as a fan of PSASBR, I can admit it has issues (just needed a bit more fine tuning in the KO system, IMO), but that's not one of the issues.

There were only five third parties in the game. Roughly 80% were first party, and for Sony, which has less character driven IPs than Nintendo, comparatively, I think that's pretty damn good. Plus the five they added made sense. Bioshock's a very well-known series, so Big Daddy's a cool choice. New!Dante sucks, but eh, DMC is, again, a big series, and I'd blame Capcom moreso for the controversial redesign. The Metal Gear series has always had Playstation association, so Raiden isn't jarring (though Snake's absence is :p ). Heihachi...he's from Tekken. Tekken makes sense to be in a fighting game, for obvious reasons. And Dead Space as a series was a big hit as well, like Bioshock. Even if it wasn't exclusive, it made sense.

Just some food for thought, I guess. PSASBR's roster wasn't bad in the slightest. And the absence of Crash, Spyro, Lara, and Snake can easily come from issues with rights, as they're not owned by Sony anymore (or ever were, in Snake's case).
I remember being genuinely excited about PSASBR, and I appreciate how they tried something a bit different with the super move mechanic. Don't quote me on this, but it seemed to have had some difficulty in development (it was originally lower budget, but got bumped up?). Don't know if that's a direct cause of it's 'semi-premier' game status or not.

I think it also floundered because people expected way too much from it, especially with the 'obvious' character choices like Cloud, Crash, Spyro being denied outright (as you said). It didn't help of course that the DLC was so underwhelming, for what people were wishing for, with Zeus and Isaac - it hurt me most because I was rooting for Abe from Oddworld from the beginning!

The third parties it did have though were a nice touch. All from high profile games with big fan bases, and that's commendable. I guess people just dismissed it too quickly? Interesting stuff...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I live in a relatively big town but most of the time is relatively calm. However, crimes are nothing but unheard of; from kidnappings to killings and extortions.

Most crimes and gangs concentrate on the capital city, to the point it's not strange to hear gunfire on something like a simple stroll to the local market.
Wow, looks that its worse over there :scared:
Hopefully time will reduce the violence
In Juarez we had up to 250 killings per month in 2010-11
and now is only 45 monthly deaths related to crime

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'll be honest, I never really liked Brawl's graphics. Nintendo in a way is to video games like what Disney is to animation. Bright, colorful, and imaginative. And Brawl (being gritty and washed out) looked nothing like a Nintendo game. It always felt more like a "darker and edgier" texture mod to me.
dude,

I feel THE EXACT FREAKING WAY!!!

(thought, from someone who loves Paper Mario....I guess it was a given).

But I mean look, wind waker OH GGEEZ, THE GREEN IS SO BRIGHT AND I LOVE BRIGHT GREEN, MY EYES ARE SO PLEASED!!!! :)

Then I realise it is the case with the ssbb stage, BUT NOT TOON LINK!!!!

Seriously, there's way too much gradient....it's just so annoying. ssb4 however, it completely fixed this, but you ahve to wonder, how the heck it made sense?

Also, super mario sunshine is one of the brightest game (I think imo, only TTYD and spm beats it).

And sms is one of the most happy feel inducing game I;ve ever played (only beaten by TTYD and....spm is quite = honestly, but TTYD is definite).

I love brightness :)

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Do it for her Satsuki.png

Well, it has been a while since I did one of those.

Wow, looks that its worse over there :scared:
Hopefully time will reduce the violence
Taking in mind the government and how the educational system is, I sadly don't think so.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I remember being genuinely excited about PSASBR, and I appreciate how they tried something a bit different with the super move mechanic. Don't quote me on this, but it seemed to have had some difficulty in development (it was originally lower budget, but got bumped up?). Don't know if that's a direct cause of it's 'semi-premier' game status or not.

I think it also floundered because people expected way too much from it, especially with the 'obvious' character choices like Cloud, Crash, Spyro being denied outright (as you said). It didn't help of course that the DLC was so underwhelming, for what people were wishing for, with Zeus and Isaac - it hurt me most because I was rooting for Abe from Oddworld from the beginning!

The third parties it did have though were a nice touch. All from high profile games with big fan bases, and that's commendable. I guess people just dismissed it too quickly? Interesting stuff...
Yeah, it was from a comparatively lower-budget studio, IIRC, which went on to actually split from Sony (the later DLC was done by another company, as well as the last balance patch).

And I definitely agree. Why do fans of crossover fighters always go in with too high of expectations? :p And while I'd have given anything to have pre-CotT Crash in the game, I can understand why he wasn't there: Activision is notoriously hard to work with (So is SE, which would also explain Cloud and Lara).

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
dude,

I feel THE EXACT FREAKING WAY!!!

(thought, from someone who loves Paper Mario....I guess it was a given).

But I mean look, wind waker OH GGEEZ, THE GREEN IS SO BRIGHT AND I LOVE BRIGHT GREEN, MY EYES ARE SO PLEASED!!!! :)

Then I realise it is the case with the ssbb stage, BUT NOT TOON LINK!!!!

Seriously, there's way too much gradient....it's just so annoying. ssb4 however, it completely fixed this, but you ahve to wonder, how the heck it made sense?

Also, super mario sunshine is one of the brightest game (I think imo, only TTYD and spm beats it).

And sms is one of the most happy feel inducing game I;ve ever played (only beaten by TTYD and....spm is quite = honestly, but TTYD is definite).

I love brightness :)
Totally agree, the bright colors for 64/Smash 4 are really true to the original characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom