• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I saw you guys talking about potential characters with guns and I thought B.J. Blazkowicz, then I thought about how bat**** crazy it would be for Mecha Hitler to be a boss in Smash.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I still totally win this time.

Wunderwaft Wunderwaft give me prophet money pls
Not so fast bud, we haven't made a proper bet yet. If you're up for the challenge then I'll make a bet that Leon Kennedy/Jill Valentine will be one of the final two DLC characters. If I win then you'll wear an avatar picture of my choosing for a month, if I lose then you'll do the same to me. Avatar picture must not violate site rules btw

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Not so fast bud, we haven't made a proper bet yet. If you're up for the challenge then I'll make a bet that Leon Kennedy/Jill Valentine will be one of the final two DLC characters. If I win then you'll wear an avatar picture of my choosing for a month, if I lose then you'll do the same to me. Avatar picture must not violate site rules btw
untitled.png

no im just kidding i dont do silly bets because i can always just not do them if i lose

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm glad the leak got blasted quickly. August would have been another Gloom & Doom speculation period. But now watch as the mii costumes revealed tomorrow are only from SE.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I've had a lot of fun with it for a game that doesn't exist.
I have absolutely no problem with those who like the game. And, if I were to say something nice about it, it exposed some of my favorite characters in gaming to an audience that would have otherwise not cared about them (i.e., I think of the Giant Bomb team, who don't care about the platforming games, but really love N&B).

But that's the only nice thing I can say about it, to be honest. It's as if they made Mario Kart and said that was the sequel to Super Mario World, and had no plans on making Super Mario 64. I was heartbroken playing that demo. They should have either a) planned on making N&B a spin off with a legitimate sequel in development or b) made a new IP. In that sense, I agree with Grant. But regardless of my thoughts on the game I don't want to take any of the love away from those who enjoyed it.

And it was a joke, no offense meant.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
shoutout to my friend SMT who made that wishlist post and is literally 100% happy with the fighter pass so far from Joker to the specific Hero alts to Banjo-Kazooie (I made the debunk posts)

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Yeah, I think that's the main issue. To a casual player, they're indistinguishable, particularly the echoes (weird to use echoes as an example, for that reason). After this discussion, I played Marth and Ike to see if I could tell the difference, and I couldn't. Except for one move, Aether. And they're the ones people tell me are really different, every time I say I can't tell the blue-haired sword fighters apart. And there are many more people more casual than me. Whenever people talk about "tippers" and "knockback" my brain goes to mush. And that's not a bad thing! There are a variety of people who play Smash and we should celebrate that fact. But we should also recognize that most people aren't like us, and when we talk about making characters unique, casual and expert players are meaning two very different things. Expert players focus on small, nuanced differences, while casual players focus on big picture differences.
Wait what in the world makes you think Ike and Marth are similar beyond the existence of counter? Did you just play training mode with them or something? Because at a glance some attacks may seem similar, but when you're fighting with the character you'll pretty easily realize the two's attacks can't be used the same like at all save for maybe forward air since they both cover a similar arc and can be used for similar reasons. Even then, Ike's will kill when Marth's does not.

Like I get that the point of your post is that not everyone cares to look into the nitty gritty, but to say those two are super similar tells me that just coming from a visual perspective. There's not being able to tell nuances like knockback angles, damage a move does, or spacing for tippers and there's just not playing the game. Because if you just play Marth and Ike in the same situation of a match the differences between the two are pretty blatant.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Now go for his digital watch skin.
Maybe some other time, I’ve still got a lot to learn.

On this topic, if you’re reading this and having trouble with opening Tropy’s ghosts, I have a bit of advice; race your own ghosts. This is a game of trial and error, and beating yourself is a great way to learn from your mistakes.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
"I need something to do. I'm gonna look at some ideas for new Pokemon types."
>Sound-type, Cosmic-type, Cyber-type
"Okay, okay. These are some legitimate-"
>Minecraft-type

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hey y'all. Am'a back after all day.

So word is of an leak claiming Adeleine. When did this come up?
It was just a wishlist with surprising luck that was taken out of context as a supposed leak

Adeleine wasn't even part of it.

It consisted of Monster Hunter and Doomguy

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i just checked the nintendo NES online service thingy

why is it that they only had 3 games this month instead of 4

:216: something aint right here

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
i just checked the nintendo NES online service thingy

why is it that they only had 3 games this month instead of 4

:216: something aint right here
You mean besides the drip feed of games?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
wondering if should buy three houses

i said i like that its getting not-fates like material but at the same time im also

- been spending a bunch of moolah (not broke just stingy)
- not really into pick-a-plot hogwarts shenanigans
- too lazy to order stuff

You mean besides the drip feed of games?
i think nintendo realized that it is not a big hit of the online functionality

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Wait what in the world makes you think Ike and Marth are similar beyond the existence of counter? Did you just play training mode with them or something? Because at a glance some attacks may seem similar, but when you're fighting with the character you'll pretty easily realize the two's attacks can't be used the same like at all save for maybe forward air since they both cover a similar arc and can be used for similar reasons. Even then, Ike's will kill when Marth's does not.

Like I get that the point of your post is that not everyone cares to look into the nitty gritty, but to say those two are super similar tells me that just coming from a visual perspective. There's not being able to tell nuances like knockback angles, damage a move does, or spacing for tippers and there's just not playing the game. Because if you just play Marth and Ike in the same situation of a match the differences between the two are pretty blatant.
But see, this is the problem I'm trying to emphasize. You're still talking about it from an expert/competitive level, not on a casual level (or if you don't like my terminology, attentive casual vs passive casual). All the moves felt like "swinging a sword" to me, except for the one I mentioned, which actually felt unique when playing. But if I have to go into training mode and test out every option, or go on the Wiki to tell moves a part, to "feel" like they're different, they're not unique enough to me and are interchangable from my perspective. It's why I picked those two specifically (and for comparisons sake, I played them both against K Rool on a random Battlefield stage).

We don't disagree on any factual matters. But the test was whether or not those characters could "feel" different to me, a subjective question, and my incredibly unscientific test that I did for my own personal use that I mentioned casually concluded no. The same for whenever those characters popped up in random scenarios. I *am* playing the game, just how I like to play it, and if others want to play it differently, that's up to them. :upsidedown:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom